FC United

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

FC United

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:18 pm

FC United are reporting that their defeat to Nuneaton has effectively relegated them and they plan to try out some of their u21s against us on Saturday...

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=8332

bga

Re: FC United

Post by bga » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Doesn't need me to tell you they are clearly in a bad way. I spoke to someone I know today who's been a season ticket holder there since they were formed and he was there on Saturday and said some players deliberately "threw" the match to get back at the manager. He told me that when their recent game against York was postponed those players on a "pay for play" basis demanded to be paid then even though the fixture was always clearly going to be rearranged soon after. He said most of them were mercenary money grabbing players sound familiar anyone?

darlo999

Post by darlo999 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm

At least to will be boys against boys :lol:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:59 pm

It's nothing new as its player's that have had 1st team experience and there under 21 team have only lost 2 games scored 77 goals and conceded 19 so I'd say it wont affect them that much, so let's not concentrate on them GET behind the lads sing your hearts out like 1st half at Stockport with Andy P let's get the ground bouncing at help the lads get 3points to help us to safety

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Gutted I’m not there this weekend, but I hope everyone can get behind the lads and get the Tin Shed bouncing.

A good atmosphere can make the difference. Come on Darlo.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Even though they are in a bad position I still expect them to bring a decent crowd

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 pm

They have a great set of real supporters but their situation certainly shows how tough it is to run a club. FCUM are in a bad way, but we cannot afford to be anything less than ruthless & snatch 3pts.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

FC United

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Gutted im missing this one.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Had to take a day off work, so that I can go.

en passant

Post by en passant » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 pm

From just skimming over the surface of what is going on at FC United and their fall from grace this year, after just about surviving last year, I do begin to fear that this could be Darlo in 12 months time. Less money, lower quality players, a tendency to crumble at home. We may be grateful that they, Ashton and Nuneaton exist this year, but when they are gone who will be the whipping boys then?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:01 pm

It’s a good question, as our league placing are getting worse each season. From 5th to 12th to ?th.

Let’s re-sign Styche.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:01 pm
It’s a good question, as our league placing are getting worse each season. From 5th to 12th to ?th.

Let’s re-sign Styche.
Getting rid of the twat on the touch line needs to be a priority.
Then we could try and get Styche back.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:24 am

en passant wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 pm
From just skimming over the surface of what is going on at FC United and their fall from grace this year, after just about surviving last year, I do begin to fear that this could be Darlo in 12 months time. Less money, lower quality players, a tendency to crumble at home. We may be grateful that they, Ashton and Nuneaton exist this year, but when they are gone who will be the whipping boys then?

I don't get this suggestion that there is some sort of inevitability about us being relegation fodder because of a tighter budget. What doesn't help a club's cause is when the summer budget is very poorly used and then you have a poorly organised team without leaders. Curzon Ashton's budget will be a lot smaller than ours and I'd be very surprised if Blyth have more wriggle room than us. We had to trim our budget as the season went on but other issues also contributed to performances, results and the way the season panned out. That is reflected in the fact that we had a tendency to crumble at home for an extended period when we had a full squad put together from a good budget.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:25 am

en passant wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 pm
Spendy

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:43 am

Can't wait to see the scoreline of Darlington 0-3 FC United.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:26 am

Emdubya wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Let’s re-sign Styche.
Not sure what makes TW a twat? I agree he's not a great manager, but that doesn't make him a twat. He works hard, he travels the country, the runs the academy. His failure (and I think that it hasn't been good enough) isn't a reflection on his effort.

If the definition of a twat means not great at their job, I wonder how many of our fans are twats

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am

D_F_C wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:26 am
Emdubya wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Let’s re-sign Styche.
Not sure what makes TW a twat? I agree he's not a great manager, but that doesn't make him a twat. He works hard, he travels the country, the runs the academy. His failure (and I think that it hasn't been good enough) isn't a reflection on his effort.

If the definition of a twat means not great at their job, I wonder how many of our fans are twats
TW is anything but a twat, or any other derogatory term a minority of people like to use for him.
Hes a good bloke who has unfortunately not done the best of jobs with the first team, partly down to his own decisions and partly down to bad luck.
Styche certainly didnt think TW was a twat.
People need to grow up and stop the pointless abuse.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:34 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 pm

A win on Saturday should effectively be enough to keep us up, it would mean both FC United and Ashton would have to win their remaining 4 games and overturn a big goal difference (Darlo win and Ashton lose on Saturday then Ashton cant catch us) , whatever peoples opinions of Tommy are we all need to get down Blackwell Meadows and be that 12th man on Saturday

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

TinShedDarloFan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 pm
whatever peoples opinions of Tommy are we all need to get down Blackwell Meadows and be that 12th man on Saturday
I wholeheartedly agree, but a lot of people won't because 'they won't go whilst TW's in charge'.

These will be the same people that will have hardly bothered all season, but are willing to slag the team off constantly :roll: :roll:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 pm

loan_star wrote:

TW is anything but a twat, or any other derogatory term a minority of people like to use for him.
Hes a good bloke who has unfortunately not done the best of jobs with the first team, partly down to his own decisions and partly down to bad luck.
Can't comment on whether Tommy Wright is a twat (although I never liked his demeanour as a player, that's not an indication of what he's like in general), but I'm not sure what relevance Reece Styche's opinion on him has!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:10 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm
TinShedDarloFan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 pm
whatever peoples opinions of Tommy are we all need to get down Blackwell Meadows and be that 12th man on Saturday
I wholeheartedly agree, but a lot of people won't because 'they won't go whilst TW's in charge'.

These will be the same people that will have hardly bothered all season, but are willing to slag the team off constantly :roll: :roll:
I'll never understand that as a mindset - fair enough boycotting while a certain owner is there if you feel their regime is damaging the club and you need to hit them where it hurts (as Blackpool fans have done with the Oystons), but I don't understand the justification to not go because you don't like/rate the manager. It's weird.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:16 pm

AndyPark wrote:
loan_star wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Absolutely no need for that comment whatsoever, that guy should engage his brain before spouting abuse like that.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Emdubya wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Let’s re-sign Styche.
What makes him a twat??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:18 pm

loan_star wrote:

I agree, it's wholly unnecessary to call people a twat just because you don't like them. Glad you'd never do that...... ;)
loan_star wrote:
So Darlogramps admits he’s a troll but then cries like a baby when he gets called a tit.
Sounds like the school bully who runs to the teacher crying when he gets some pay back.
Put the dummy back in you sad twat.
(For the avoidance of doubt, the above post is tongue-in-cheek and shouldn't be seen as a dig).

FWIW I agree with you about calling TW a twat, all a little bit unnecessary. TW comes across as a decent bloke, it's more his managerial ability that people are unconvinced about.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Personal abuse of TW is out of order, he's done his best in a very difficult situation. Perhaps the people who are calling him the name are the real idiots.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Totally unnecessary comment. I think he's done his best but it's a step too far and his record elsewhere supports that. I was ambivalent for a long time but now I'd be happy if he quietly walked away at the end of the season. Hoping to get to BM at last!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Personal abuse of TW is out of order, he's done his best in a very difficult situation. Perhaps the people who are calling him the name are the real idiots.
Agreed.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:18 pm
loan_star wrote:

I agree, it's wholly unnecessary to call people a twat just because you don't like them. Glad you'd never do that...... ;)
loan_star wrote:
So Darlogramps admits he’s a troll but then cries like a baby when he gets called a tit.
Sounds like the school bully who runs to the teacher crying when he gets some pay back.
Put the dummy back in you sad twat.
(For the avoidance of doubt, the above post is tongue-in-cheek and shouldn't be seen as a dig).

FWIW I agree with you about calling TW a twat, all a little bit unnecessary. TW comes across as a decent bloke, it's more his managerial ability that people are unconvinced about.
Theres one thing having an argument on here or anywhere else. However calling TW a twat when he isn't on here to put his own point over is going beyond any reasonable criticism of him as a person or manager.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Dictionary.Com.
Twat—Someone who is stupid ,reckless or useless.
I’ll go for 2 out of 3 as I don’t think the guy is stupid.
I do apologise for upsetting the snowflakes out there.