Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ghost_Of_1883
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gateshead

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 am

Gateshead's budget last season was 609k, fact.

Pretty moderate compared to some other clubs in that basket case of a league, but way, way, way, way more than they could naturally sustain.

If they have an average or poor season they will get crowds of 500, so it's hard to see how they can naturally sustain anything more than a part time budget of 100-150k.

What I don't get is how come they have a never ending line up of people interested in taking the club over and pumping money in. How? Why? What's the attraction? They always come up smelling of roses as well, because the last 2 bankrolling owners didn't call in debts to themselves.

Graham Wood got them to where they are now on the back of his bankrolling. When he went, he left them no debts to him (ie loans to the value of all the money he put in).

Then the Bennetts popped up and bankrolled the club with £2.5m over 3 seasons - again, no administration, no "you owe us this money" when they couldn't afford it any more.

Now the latest owners, who to be fair sound like clowns.

And there's someone else waiting in the wings (who might turn out to be good) to take them over again!

Fuck off Gateshead.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:31 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:Gateshead's budget last season was 609k, fact.

Pretty moderate compared to some other clubs in that basket case of a league, but way, way, way, way more than they could naturally sustain.

If they have an average or poor season they will get crowds of 500, so it's hard to see how they can naturally sustain anything more than a part time budget of 100-150k.

What I don't get is how come they have a never ending line up of people interested in taking the club over and pumping money in. How? Why? What's the attraction? They always come up smelling of roses as well, because the last 2 bankrolling owners didn't call in debts to themselves.

Graham Wood got them to where they are now on the back of his bankrolling. When he went, he left them no debts to him (ie loans to the value of all the money he put in).

Then the Bennetts popped up and bankrolled the club with £2.5m over 3 seasons - again, no administration, no "you owe us this money" when they couldn't afford it any more.

Now the latest owners, who to be fair sound like clowns.

And there's someone else waiting in the wings (who might turn out to be good) to take them over again!

Fuck off Gateshead.
And fuck off to you as well you bitter c*** no matter who puts money into the club or how much wont affect darlington, different league, not nicking your crowds and not as if gateshead have come in with wads of cash and taken one of your best players. You really seem to have expert knowledge of the finances at the club, the budget may well have been 600k last season but dont recall seen that stated officially. Main attraction well for one thing they are in a stadium thats well maintained with no cost to them and they pay a reasonable rent or at least they would if taken over again, ground is too big yeah agree but it would get them into league 2 without the club haveing to make any real investments in it. Do you have anything positive to say and im also sure you were on here before under a different name.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:45 am

Have you not got ya own forum to go to lad?

Like the Spenny fan, you seem to spend an awful amount of time on here.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 am

shildonlad wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:31 am
And fuck off to you as well you bitter c***
No.

You'd do well to remember, that like Spen - you are an (somewhat irritating) uninvited guest on here that we "put up with" in the interests of free speech, and who we "allow" to remain on here - for now.

If you don't like what people on here say, you know where the door is.
no matter who puts money into the club or how much wont affect darlington, different league, not nicking your crowds and not as if gateshead have come in with wads of cash and taken one of your best players. You really seem to have expert knowledge of the finances at the club, the budget may well have been 600k last season but dont recall seen that stated officially. Main attraction well for one thing they are in a stadium thats well maintained with no cost to them and they pay a reasonable rent or at least they would if taken over again, ground is too big yeah agree but it would get them into league 2 without the club haveing to make any real investments in it. Do you have anything positive to say and im also sure you were on here before under a different name.
Yes I've been on here before - look at my signature. Yes I've got positive stuff to say, just not to you, you utter dullard.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:56 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:31 am
And fuck off to you as well you bitter c***
No.

You'd do well to remember, that like Spen - you are an (somewhat irritating) uninvited guest on here that we "put up with" in the interests of free speech, and who we "allow" to remain on here - for now.

If you don't like what people on here say, you know where the door is.
no matter who puts money into the club or how much wont affect darlington, different league, not nicking your crowds and not as if gateshead have come in with wads of cash and taken one of your best players. You really seem to have expert knowledge of the finances at the club, the budget may well have been 600k last season but dont recall seen that stated officially. Main attraction well for one thing they are in a stadium thats well maintained with no cost to them and they pay a reasonable rent or at least they would if taken over again, ground is too big yeah agree but it would get them into league 2 without the club haveing to make any real investments in it. Do you have anything positive to say and im also sure you were on here before under a different name.
Yes I've been on here before - look at my signature. Yes I've got positive stuff to say, just not to you, you utter dullard.
We put up, whos we are you a mod? If folk are not happy with me on here the. Feel feee to report me to the mods. My names chris whats your name, you probably wont say as you are someone else hiding behind cyber space. As for this spen guy i dont see him having it in for any clubs or doing any harm, infact he often quotes solid facts
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Lad, he's been following Darlo for as long as I can remember. No need for the personal stuff, his comment was aimed at Gateshead not you personally. As for Spen he just badmouths us elsewhere.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Lad, he's been following Darlo for as long as I can remember. No need for the personal stuff, his comment was aimed at Gateshead not you personally. As for Spen he just badmouths us elsewhere.
Still must have some sort of gripe that extends way back i mean gateshead have never played darlington in a competitive game in Darlington current incarnation. As for spen maybe he does slag off the club elswhere ive just not seen it. I can ensure you ive spoke with a few spennymoor fans over the years and not all have it in for darlo, more like friendly banter

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:52 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 pm
Still must have some sort of gripe that extends way back i mean gateshead have never played darlington in a competitive game in Darlington current incarnation.
There's your problem right there. Piss off.
shildonlad wrote:
As for spen maybe he does slag off the club elswhere ive just not seen it. I can ensure you ive spoke with a few spennymoor fans over the years and not all have it in for darlo, more like friendly banter
Clearly you don't see the double standards from Spen, he's very well spoken on here and at times speaks sense. But nobody will listen to him and what he has to say purely because of how two-faced he is. He slags the club and its fans off constantly via Twitter.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:13 pm

AndyPark wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Still must have some sort of gripe that extends way back i mean gateshead have never played darlington in a competitive game in Darlington current incarnation.
There's your problem right there. Piss off.
shildonlad wrote:
As for spen maybe he does slag off the club elswhere ive just not seen it. I can ensure you ive spoke with a few spennymoor fans over the years and not all have it in for darlo, more like friendly banter
Clearly you don't see the double standards from Spen, he's very well spoken on here and at times speaks sense. But nobody will listen to him and what he has to say purely because of how two-faced he is. He slags the club and its fans off constantly via Twitter.
And piss of to you as well. Its a fact gateshead have never played darlington in a competitive game as they have never been in the same league or drawn each other in a cup.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:41 pm

I ain't even going to waste my time pulling apart that comment.

Off you pop now :wave: :wave:

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:05 pm

AndyPark wrote:I ain't even going to waste my time pulling apart that comment.

Off you pop now :wave: :wave:
Im happy to go if the mods want me off

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:29 pm

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Different incarnation of darlington now and gatesheads on its 3rd incarnation since then

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:43 pm

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:50 pm

The thing is - Gateshead fans have no power over the direction of their club. Good or bad, what happens just happens.

I'm not overly chuffed watching Darlo huff and puff in a crap ground but no one is going to put us into administration again - hopefully.....
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:56 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:42 pm
Different incarnation of darlington now and gatesheads on its 3rd incarnation since then
You need to work on your research skills. Same incarnation of DFC as was formed in 1883 - if we were a new club we wouldn't have bothered taking on the debts (and we wouldn't have been permitted to take the few assets) in 2012.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:56 pm

We're still the same club as we always were. And I'm not going to get into justifying that!

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:35 pm

The fa clearly think otherwise or you would not have gone as far down as the northern league which I do think was a bit harsh. However fair doos to the new club for honouring the debt

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:38 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:The thing is - Gateshead fans have no power over the direction of their club. Good or bad, what happens just happens.

I'm not overly chuffed watching Darlo huff and puff in a crap ground but no one is going to put us into administration again - hopefully.....
I agree, Sadly they don't but the league are as much at fault as those running the club. They have a circa 200k bond which they should release to the still unpaid players and creditors

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:54 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:35 pm
The fa clearly think otherwise or you would not have gone as far down as the northern league which I do think was a bit harsh. However fair doos to the new club for honouring the debt

For someone with supposedly an in-depth knowledge of north eastern football you know next to nothing about Darlington FC. Raj Singh, football share etc etc. Ring any bells? I'm not going to spoonfeed you. Go and do some research.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Just reminds me of another troll.

Boring as hell to read.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:10 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 pm
Just reminds me of another troll.

Boring as hell to read.
I've ignored my own policy of not feeding the trolls here, so am gonna leave him to it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:25 pm

shildonlad wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:The thing is - Gateshead fans have no power over the direction of their club. Good or bad, what happens just happens.

I agree, Sadly they don't but the league are as much at fault as those running the club. They have a circa 200k bond which they should release to the still unpaid players and creditors

Every club hands over a bond in the agreement they get it back at the end of the season.

Don't see why Gateshead should get special treatment just because you chose dodgy owners who don't want to put any more in.

If the owners won't fund the club, they either sell up, slash the budget to make yourself self-sufficient, or you shut the club down.

I'd like to see Gateshead deducted points if they get the bond back early. Won't happen but I'd like to see that rule created and implemented. After all, you'd be getting an unfair advantage when other clubs are down by £200k.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
shildonlad wrote:

Every club hands over a bond in the agreement they get it back at the end of the season.

Don't see why Gateshead should get special treatment just because you chose dodgy owners who don't want to put any more in.

If the owners won't fund the club, they either sell up, slash the budget to make yourself self-sufficient, or you shut the club down.

I'd like to see Gateshead deducted points if they get the bond back early. Won't happen but I'd like to see that rule created and implemented. After all, you'd be getting an unfair advantage when other clubs are down by £200k.
Wrong only gateshead and 1 other club had to put down a bond

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:06 pm

The point is you're blaming the league. The only reason you want to use the bond is because the owners don't want to invest anything else in the club. That's not the league's fault.

Biggest problem with Gateshead fans - always pointing the finger at other people rather than looking at how to sort things out themselves. Apparently it's the league's fault, it's the Bennett's fault, it's Cala and Varghese's fault.

These are the same Gateshead fans who welcomed Varghese with open arms when he took over.

shildonlad

Gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Darlogramps wrote:The point is you're blaming the league. The only reason you want to use the bond is because the owners don't want to invest anything else in the club. That's not the league's fault.

Biggest problem with Gateshead fans - always pointing the finger at other people rather than looking at how to sort things out themselves. Apparently it's the league's fault, it's the Bennett's fault, it's Cala and Varghese's fault.

These are the same Gateshead fans who welcomed Varghese with open arms when he took over.
For fook sake its not about investment its players whos wages need paying who have bills and mouths to feed. The bond is in place to help a club see the season out which includes using it for players, away travel etc. Not just gateshead but other clubs affected, i suppose they should help sort it out too should they

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Gateshead aren't viable or self sustaining, and slight envy that they continually seem to find a decent owner aside (even though the current lot are shysters, investment from the guy who was at Rochdale at Darlo would be welcomed, I think) they aren't a sustainable football club in their current state.

I do think part of that is playing in a soulless bowl, which is a rubbish matchday experience, and puts people off attending on a more regular basis. It limits their appeal. If they had an intimate little ground, where they could build some atmosphere, they'd probably be far more sustainable. Look at South Shields - again they're bankrolled, but they've grown their support exponentially because of a good matchday experience.

All of this, by the way, is exactly why the idea of a return to the arena should *never* be entertained. For all of BM's flaws, it isn't the same as rattling around in an empty bowl. It's no way to watch football.

I hope they pull through, for the fans they do have, but they can't go on like this.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Paying players' wages is the very definition of investment in the club. Come on fella, keep up.

Varghese, who your supporters welcomed with open arms, has decided he doesn't want to use any more of his own money, so is using the bond instead. It's not the league's fault he's decided that.

No idea what you're wittering on about with your point about other clubs. Doesn't make sense.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:03 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 pm

For fook sake its not about investment its players whos wages need paying who have bills and mouths to feed.
Well actually it is about "investment" because it's only "investment" which will pay the wages of a full time club, because your other income won't come close to covering it.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:47 am

What the fook are yous on about quakerz and dg, its just money the lads are owed so what do you think should happen the players should not continue to get there wages as the owners is been a arce so they will go on strike (would not blame them) and they dont forfill the remaining fixtures, affecting other teams. So what do you think teams out a bond down for? Its to help in situations like this and the bond would easily see things out until the seasons end