Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: Gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:59 am

H1987 wrote:Gateshead aren't viable or self sustaining, and slight envy that they continually seem to find a decent owner aside (even though the current lot are shysters, investment from the guy who was at Rochdale at Darlo would be welcomed, I think) they aren't a sustainable football club in their current state.

I do think part of that is playing in a soulless bowl, which is a rubbish matchday experience, and puts people off attending on a more regular basis. It limits their appeal. If they had an intimate little ground, where they could build some atmosphere, they'd probably be far more sustainable. Look at South Shields - again they're bankrolled, but they've grown their support exponentially because of a good matchday experience.

All of this, by the way, is exactly why the idea of a return to the arena should *never* be entertained. For all of BM's flaws, it isn't the same as rattling around in an empty bowl. It's no way to watch football.

I hope they pull through, for the fans they do have, but they can't go on like this.
I do agree with that, if chris dunphy or anyone else came in and took over things needs to change or it sure would be the last throw of the dice, obviously support would need to grow and a long term plan be put in place for a stadium, a stadium is not an immediate need as the IS does meet league requirements but yeah it is to make them more sustainable in the long term. I dont expect anyone to invest as much as in the past although anyone wanting to keep the team pro even with young lass need more than 250k ish a year. Mind if some said we will invest a million a year in the squad i would also be alarmed as it would be boom and bust again
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:44 am

shildonlad wrote:What the fook are yous on about quakerz and dg, its just money the lads are owed so what do you think should happen the players should not continue to get there wages as the owners is been a arce so they will go on strike (would not blame them) and they dont forfill the remaining fixtures, affecting other teams. So what do you think teams out a bond down for? Its to help in situations like this and the bond would easily see things out until the seasons end
How do you know the bond covers the issues? You don't. Or further stuff may well crop, which the bond is needed to cover.

Or Ranjan, who you all welcomed with open arms let's not forget, could put his hand in his pocket and pay up. Or you could set a budget that you can actually afford, rather than spending beyond your means.

The point is you're blaming the league for this when all the issues are with Gateshead.

Stop pointing the finger at everyone else and get your own house in order.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:35 am

shildonlad wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:59 am
I do agree with that, if chris dunphy or anyone else came in and took over things needs to change or it sure would be the last throw of the dice, obviously support would need to grow and a long term plan be put in place for a stadium, a stadium is not an immediate need as the IS does meet league requirements but yeah it is to make them more sustainable in the long term. I dont expect anyone to invest as much as in the past although anyone wanting to keep the team pro even with young lass need more than 250k ish a year. Mind if some said we will invest a million a year in the squad i would also be alarmed as it would be boom and bust again
Are you advocating Gateshead switching to women's football?

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:07 am

spen666 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Ha ha a typo. The wages have now been paid although the under 19s are still owed money as well as senior players been owed expenses but i guess the league should now boot them out as the league have released some of the bond money to pay players who have families to look after and the same money which was the clubs in the 1st place. Do darlington live beyond there means by haveing players travelling from the midlands hardly cost efficient.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:16 am

shildonlad wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:07 am
.... Do darlington live beyond there means by haveing players travelling from the midlands hardly cost efficient.

Being cost efficient is totally unrelated to living beyond your means

You can be cost efficient and still be living beyond your means.

Similarly you may not be cost efficient but are still living within your means

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm

shildonlad wrote:
spen666 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Ha ha a typo. The wages have now been paid although the under 19s are still owed money as well as senior players been owed expenses but i guess the league should now boot them out as the league have released some of the bond money to pay players who have families to look after and the same money which was the clubs in the 1st place. Do darlington live beyond there means by haveing players travelling from the midlands hardly cost efficient.
Why are you on the Darlo forum whining about peoples opinions about Gateshead, and then reporting it back to the Gateshead forum and Twitter.

Gateshead have been luckily for them punching above their weight for a number of seasons with good owners, you then got a not so great one - this is the risk of moving to the next investor each time (we should know). You may well get lucky again if Dunphy comes in or you may not.

If it's any consolation I hope the club come out the other side, however at some point you either accept the investors with them having control or you moving back down the leagues as a part time team.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:17 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
spen666 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Why are you on the Darlo forum whining about peoples opinions about Gateshead, and then reporting it back to the Gateshead forum and Twitter.

Gateshead have been luckily for them punching above their weight for a number of seasons with good owners, you then got a not so great one - this is the risk of moving to the next investor each time (we should know). You may well get lucky again if Dunphy comes in or you may not.

If it's any consolation I hope the club come out the other side, however at some point you either accept the investors with them having control or you moving back down the leagues as a part time team.
I agree with what you say but the sad thing at the moment is that a proper football man is waiting in the wings but folk are frustrated as the currrent arcehole is dragging his heels over the sale. Not sure what he has to gain as the club have no assets. 3 parties that have been a absolute credit in the whole mess are gateshead council, hebburn town and most importantly ben clark, a very young manager on peanuts but still holding his head up high. Its not the budget thats hacked folk off its the underhand behaviour of the owner like selling one of the best players who did not want to leave behind the managers back

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:35 pm

It is the budget that is hacking you off really as you don't like the way he is trying to keep the costs down, selling off an asset whether the manager agrees or not is keeping you to a budget that he sets. It's his club so that's fine for him to do it, the non payment of players etc. is wrong.

I would imagine he is trying to hang on to the end of the season, get his bond back and sell/give away the club with any debt it has left. I wouldn't be certain he leaves the club in a great position and can imagine the accounts/books will possibly result whether the prospective buyer wants to take that on.

Even if he buys the club and has no debt at that point, I am guessing the new owner would need to put in at least 300k a year minimum to push you to a mid-table budget. Any idea how much he plans to put in once taken over or have no plans been announced as yet?

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:59 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:It is the budget that is hacking you off really as you don't like the way he is trying to keep the costs down, selling off an asset whether the manager agrees or not is keeping you to a budget that he sets. It's his club so that's fine for him to do it, the non payment of players etc. is wrong.

I would imagine he is trying to hang on to the end of the season, get his bond back and sell/give away the club with any debt it has left. I wouldn't be certain he leaves the club in a great position and can imagine the accounts/books will possibly result whether the prospective buyer wants to take that on.

Even if he buys the club and has no debt at that point, I am guessing the new owner would need to put in at least 300k a year minimum to push you to a mid-table budget. Any idea how much he plans to put in once taken over or have no plans been announced as yet?
Its pretty certain a any new owner would need to pay off debt and clear up the mess the 2 clowns have left behind like getting volunteers back for starters. Its not been stated what the ex rochdale guy wants to put in each season but he wants to stay pro and keep ben clark and hes a football man so hardly likely to stay pro with a untealistic budget of under 300k. Ben clark does not expect a big budget just to treat with a Bit of respect. Any new owner would also need to smooth things over with the council which should be easy as its the current regime they have issues with not the club