Salford lost £34k a week

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

london exile
Team Supported: Darlington

Salford lost £34k a week

Post by london exile » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:44 pm

The accounts for Salford and their owner Project 92 Ltd, which were both filed on Monday, do not reveal the club's annual income or costs, as companies with a turnover of less than £10.2million are not obliged to do so.
But they do show how Salford's borrowings from their owners increased from £655,000 in 2016/17 to £2,441,655 last season. This suggests they lost £34,000 a week during a campaign that saw them promoted from the National League North as champions.
After a wobble in February, Salford have won five and drawn one of their last six games, and have five games left to play in the regular season.
The average attendance at their upgraded Moor Lane home, now known as the Peninsula Stadium, is almost 2,500, half of its current capacity.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Salford lost £34k a week

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Bonkers!

Martin Gray was always banging on about Salford. Salford this/ Salford that, but they are in a different galaxy to us. The money they are able to spend is incredible - but it was always going to be this way.

Apparently financial fair play rules in League 2 will make things harder for them.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:02 pm

It's just amazing how plucky little Salford managed to defy the odds and win promotion from National North :D. The scary thing is these figures don't include the stadium development. And imagine what the figures will be like this season when you factor in Adam Rooney's £4,000 a week wages and the like.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:08 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Bonkers!

Martin Gray was always banging on about Salford. Salford this/ Salford that, but they are in a different galaxy to us. The money they are able to spend is incredible - but it was always going to be this way.

Apparently financial fair play rules in League 2 will make things harder for them.
Think it was the league 2 ffp rules that caught up on forest green in league 2 and they nearly went straight back down
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:39 pm

shildonlad wrote:

Think it was the league 2 ffp rules that caught up on forest green in league 2 and they nearly went straight back down
I thought clubs promoted from the NL had a two year exemption from ffp rules to get their house in order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:24 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:

I thought clubs promoted from the NL had a two year exemption from ffp rules to get their house in order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was not aware there was any transition period but forest greens will be ending soon if there is one mind gates have gone up
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm

After seeing this I thought I would take a look at Spennymoor Town accounts ,(just been nosey) they are there to view but not been an accountant I didn’t know if they were good or bad :wtf:

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
After seeing this I thought I would take a look at Spennymoor Town accounts ,(just been nosey) they are there to view but not been an accountant I didn’t know if they were good or bad :wtf:
Hard to compare to Darlington as very different accounting policies used. There is nothing wrong with different businesses using different policies as accounting rules allow for that.

For example Darlington have lots of fixed assets Spennymoor have virtually none shown on balance sheet.

As both clubs file limited accounts it's hard to tell very much from the accounts filed. Not sure why Darlington file micro entity accounts and Spennymoor file small company accounts. Both companies would I guess qualify to file micro entity accounts

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Darlington publishes very detailed accounts to its shareholders which go into the public domain. That doesn't happen with Spendy so nobody knows how quickly Brad's seven-figure bankrolling is escalating year on year. Very quickly, I think is the answer.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:45 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Darlington publishes very detailed accounts to its shareholders which go into the public domain. That doesn't happen with Spendy so nobody knows how quickly Brad's seven-figure bankrolling is escalating year on year. Very quickly, I think is the answer.
Who cares concentrate on Darlo not Spenny

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:52 pm

He raised a point about our accounts and I addressed it. Don't read it if you're not interested Harry.