Darlington V FC United

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Seventynine
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V FC United

Post by Seventynine » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:36 pm

hes here for next year apparently ..the board has decided due to great results there sticking with the useless ass an waiting everyone's money

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Thought the lad from Huddersfield did really well and deserved his MOTM, looks like TW has brought in another good loan signing.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:40 pm

jjljks wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:11 am
Mixture of emotions, relief - that looks like we are staying up, frustration - lack of a CF who can finish off chances we create, pride - the club was saved yet again by the fans, dismay - over the management of the team.
Nevertheless, have renewed my season ticket - must be my heart ruling my head.
That how they hooked me in, its all downhill after that! ;)

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm

its dulo petes famous quote

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:50 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 am
That depends on the chauffer! Like Mick, I'm a fizzy lager boy. Cheers
Theres a few of us lager boys so dont worry!

Like you I am impressed with the ground.Just a shame the pipe stops a stand being erected at the other end, even if it was half the width of the pitch it would encourage more away fans im sure.Must be a way of building something that could be moved at low cost / quickly if they ever go to work on the pipe?

FCUM brought less than a 100 fans I believe.They have been followed by a load of MUFC fans in the recent past, looks like they will be off to Salford now.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:38 pm
Thought the lad from Huddersfield did really well and deserved his MOTM, looks like TW has brought in another good loan signing.
Good to hear Pete.

How did Holness play, I have great hopes for him?

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:14 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Good to hear Pete.

Thought he had a good game, added a bit of muscle in midfield and scored a good goal.Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the final 4 games against better opposition but quite impressed with his performance.Young Ben Jackson also had a good game, for a 17 year old he hardly put a foot wrong and slotted in very well. Interesting to see if we can get Will Smith next season as we could have a solid looking back 3 with Tez and Simon Ainge.Really pleased for Ainge as this looks like his best position for us and close to getting MOTM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:29 pm

quakerman wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:14 pm
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Good to hear Pete.

Thought he had a good game, added a bit of muscle in midfield and scored a good goal.Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the final 4 games against better opposition but quite impressed with his performance.Young Ben Jackson also had a good game, for a 17 year old he hardly put a foot wrong and slotted in very well. Interesting to see if we can get Will Smith next season as we could have a solid looking back 3 with Tez and Simon Ainge.Really pleased for Ainge as this looks like his best position for us and close to getting MOTM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for that.

Yes Smith looks a good player.Our organisation at the back is my worry not the players.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:26 pm

It would be interesting to know how highly Barnsley rate him (Smith). They already have the best defence in League One and you'd think Stendel might want to strengthen it further if they go up - would we be able to sign him permanently if he ends up being released? :?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:52 pm

You can mitigate for TW in the sense that he did have his budget cut, however at the time we were 4-4-5 in the league (hardly play-off form with a play-off budget) and also knocked out the FA Cup after a dismal showing against BPA which would have brought in much needed revenue. These results effected attendances and income. In fact the stats for the league look slightly better because of the fact we played 9 men twice.

Maddison, Burn & Henshall have all been massively underwhelming signings, and probably all on two-year contracts. Hughes was signed as a centre midfielder yet wasn’t good enough to play there. Ainge was signed as a centre-forward but also wasn’t good enough to play there.

When 5/7 permanent signings you’ve made over the summer haven’t gone to plan then you’re going to struggle and invariably end up plugging holes with loan & short-term contract signings (10 loan and 3 short-term).

We had another chance to claw back some lost revenue in November in the FA Trophy yet another dismal showing ensued.

If we replace TW in the summer then I worry what would happen to the players we have travelling from further afield, although to be fair, the likes of Trotman, Elliott, Nicholson etc would probably be quite sellable.

The next concern would be off-loading those deemed surplus to requirements (Maddison, Burn, Henshall etc). We need to hope that these players are either on one-year deals, or would be willing to leave and take a pay cut to play lower down.

The club need to learn their lesson and stop handing out two-year deals like sweets. We had our hands burned with Collins & Caton. Going forward, we’re probably going to need to operate on a one-year plus a one-year option in favour of the club, or a one-year with an additional year triggered by appearances model. Yes we’d miss out on some targets but it would save on having an unwanted player sat on a massive salary for an additional year, like Caton.

On the pitch we need a re-structure, off the pitch however we seem to be in really good hands with David, John (x2) Craig & Chris. The pro-active approach to the budget, increased commercial activity and improving relations with the Rugby Club are all hugely positive.

I think the club needs a refresh on the management side, a new man to get behind and back through the B2B campaign to create that feel-good factor going to the summer. Build the squad around some talented young players (Trotman, Wheatley, Holness, Nicholson) with some more experienced ones (Ainge, Galbraith & Thompson).

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:11 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Good to hear Pete.

Holness had a really good game, you could have argued for him to be MOTM. His ball distribution was excellent and he looks like the defensive midfielder we've been looking for all season.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 am

Walking out of BM on Saturday and looking around you would not believe we won, no chanting no cheers, no smiling faces just sigh of relief and hushed tones of how the other bottom teams got on. This is where TW has took us too, unhappy fans, unhappy players( how quiet are they on the pitch, no banter no encouragement) even the tin shed was quiet today compared to Fc fans who although down could not stop singing. We definitely need a new impetus to get interest in the team and TW & AW are not going to do that next season, a few weeks ago Blyth were alongside us, a few recent wins and they are still hoping to make the playoffs that is how crazy our league is.
The new manager must get most of the players to want to play for him, enjoy it and that will transfer to the fans, we don't have to win the league just make it fun again.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:18 am

Good to see the subs made an impact as soon as they came on. Thought Henshall had some good touches, with an end product.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:00 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 am
Walking out of BM on Saturday and looking around you would not believe we won, no chanting no cheers, no smiling faces just sigh of relief and hushed tones of how the other bottom teams got on. This is where TW has took us too, unhappy fans, unhappy players( how quiet are they on the pitch, no banter no encouragement) even the tin shed was quiet today compared to Fc fans who although down could not stop singing. We definitely need a new impetus to get interest in the team and TW & AW are not going to do that next season, a few weeks ago Blyth were alongside us, a few recent wins and they are still hoping to make the playoffs that is how crazy our league is.
The new manager must get most of the players to want to play for him, enjoy it and that will transfer to the fans, we don't have to win the league just make it fun again.
Tin Shed is often quiet. Too busy waiting for something to moan about. Compared to our away support, it's chalk and cheese. I'm also pretty sure if we were only mid table next season, the knives would be out as well.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:00 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Tin Shed is often quiet. Too busy waiting for something to moan about. Compared to our away support, it's chalk and cheese. I'm also pretty sure if we were only mid table next season, the knives would be out as well.
Spot on , I stand close to a complete cock end and I mean of the highest order!!!!!!!!! God this man can moan and he is loud with it.. He must be good on football manager cos what he doesn't know about football and what our players should do is unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:24 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Spot on , I stand close to a complete cock end and I mean of the highest order!!!!!!!!! God this man can moan and he is loud with it.. He must be good on football manager cos what he doesn't know about football and what our players should do is unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I stood there a few games ago and tbh had to move as some of them behind the goal are beyond belief, couldn't care less if kids and girls are within earshot.I am sure the guy you were referring to was one of them . .absolute nutter.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk