TW - Learning His Trade

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Mister e
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Mister e » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Josh gillies is not even a regular starter for south shields in the division below. Ironically it's another two of our former players who look has though they're going to clinch the title now Nathan cartman and Dave Ayers at farsley.

Mister e
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Mister e » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 pm

That should have said syers 😁

LoidLucan
Posts: 3049
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:53 pm

I cannot see MG coming back to this club for a whole host of extremely valid reasons.

Alfie
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Eye, Suffolk

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Alfie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 pm
........Interesting to notice Martin Gray's name creeping into some of the threads. Would his return with Tommy as his number two be an option ? Tommy could be Prince Charming to Gray's Rumpelstiltskin.
NO

Darlofan97
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Mister e wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Josh gillies is not even a regular starter for south shields in the division below. Ironically it's another two of our former players who look has though they're going to clinch the title now Nathan cartman and Dave Ayers at farsley.
Gillies also gets you 9/10 goals a season at this level, which is 9/10 more than you get off Henshall.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6130
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by loan_star » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:58 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 pm
Mister e wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Josh gillies is not even a regular starter for south shields in the division below. Ironically it's another two of our former players who look has though they're going to clinch the title now Nathan cartman and Dave Ayers at farsley.
Gillies also gets you 9/10 goals a season at this level, which is 9/10 more than you get off Henshall.
He also goes missing between October and March. Still better than Henshall though who has been missing all season.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:46 am

jjljks wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:35 pm
Yes, we need consistency but currently there is no method or semblance of attacking play which is what we need to get people to come & watch us. Only 1311 to see us play BPA who could be promoted, on a sunny bank holiday really says it all for this season. MOTM was a loanee (Turner, GK who had kept us in the game). Even when the team come out onto the pitch, they look disjointed & without any 'bounce', very unprofessional & unfocussed. Only positives were Thommo's goal and the fact that loanees were keen to show their abilities. TW in last chance saloon
Utter Bollocks. Whether BPA are top or not, they mean nothing to the average Darlo fan. They mean nothing to the average Bradford resident. As for the inane gibberish about bounce on coming onto the pitch, i can only assume the Sun got to you today. An unprofessional, unfocused team deserved their win against a team who has been in the top 6 all season. Can Loanees not be man of the match? If you think today put TW into last chance saloon you are the numpty your post suggests.

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by quakerman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:58 am

LoidLucan wrote:I cannot see MG coming back to this club for a whole host of extremely valid reasons.
Agreed, his focus 100% is on Shildon and linking his youth setup to them which I would imagine would be pretty lucrative for him.This is his level now and will probably try and replicate what he did with us, but cannot see where he would go beyond Shildon tbh.He will never end up back at Darlo full stop , he is history now


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

onewayup
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by onewayup » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:28 am

We as a fan owned club Have got to get behind the whole club and be positive, fractions cause trouble, Come on darlo fans do you or don't you want a club to support, if yes then back it or lose it I am disgusted at how some fan throw the dummy out after all the hard work that has been done to get us this far. Since 2012.

Emdubya
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Emdubya » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 am

Fractions cause trouble?.Well 3/4 of 1/2 the people I speak to reckon 2/5 are happy with a 1/4 of the remaining 5/16.

real_darlo_85
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:51 am

Depends on what you think Darlo fans are 'throwing the dummy out' about? I accept the club, as fan owned, will have some constraints. However, if it is about management then people are entitled to an opinion and in some way getting this right is key to continued development of the club. At the moment, we have had 2 seasons of relative mediocrity, flirting with relegation and TW has been in charge of for a full season of this. He may be is the easy scapegoat for the negativeness but partly this has been brought on by the way this season has panned out. He has dreadfully underachieved, so can you blame supporters for doubting his abilities to get it right with whatever limited resources we provide the club with for next season?
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12207
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:52 am

Emdubya wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 am
Fractions cause trouble?.Well 3/4 of 1/2 the people I speak to reckon 2/5 are happy with a 1/4 of the remaining 5/16.
Well that makes perfect sense. :roll:

Emdubya
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Emdubya » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:52 am
Emdubya wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 am
Fractions cause trouble?.Well 3/4 of 1/2 the people I speak to reckon 2/5 are happy with a 1/4 of the remaining 5/16.
Well that makes perfect sense. :roll:
To be honest Pete ,I wouldn’t expect a numbnut like you to get it anyway.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6130
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:44 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:46 am
jjljks wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:35 pm
Yes, we need consistency but currently there is no method or semblance of attacking play which is what we need to get people to come & watch us. Only 1311 to see us play BPA who could be promoted, on a sunny bank holiday really says it all for this season. MOTM was a loanee (Turner, GK who had kept us in the game). Even when the team come out onto the pitch, they look disjointed & without any 'bounce', very unprofessional & unfocussed. Only positives were Thommo's goal and the fact that loanees were keen to show their abilities. TW in last chance saloon
Utter Bollocks. Whether BPA are top or not, they mean nothing to the average Darlo fan. They mean nothing to the average Bradford resident. As for the inane gibberish about bounce on coming onto the pitch, i can only assume the Sun got to you today. An unprofessional, unfocused team deserved their win against a team who has been in the top 6 all season. Can Loanees not be man of the match? If you think today put TW into last chance saloon you are the numpty your post suggests.
Well said Harry. We had someone on here complaining about how White warms the defenders up last week despite the fact he does exactly the same as a lot of other coaches. 3 clean sheets in a row, something must be clicking with the defence now.
As for a loanee being man of the match, I didn't see any complaints when Nelson was banging the goals in. Loanee or not, they are still Darlo players on the day.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3049
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Re the loans, this has been an area where our management got a lot of things right.. From Turner to Jackson, Smith, Palmer and Nelson, TW/AW mainly did a sound job in identifying and getting in the right people.

And it was needed after the summer recruitment failings and players moving out for financial reasons. There are risks with loanees with players getting recalled or sold but overall it's an area we need to make full use of going forward and particularly so if you can get the right one in for a full season. It can also help on the financial side.

quakersfan
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by quakersfan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Personally I would like to see Tommy & Alan staying for next season, it’s take time to develop a team and I believe the team is all gelling together. If he goes there will be the dismantling of the current squad. Plus there’s all the work at the Academy which is going from strength to strength. A good day yesterday and even had a laugh with some of the DRFC staff in hospitality!!
Things are improving.

onewayup
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by onewayup » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:45 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:28 am
We as a fan owned club Have got to get behind the whole club and be positive, fractions cause trouble, Come on darlo fans do you or don't you want a club to support, if yes then back it or lose it I am disgusted at how some fan throw the dummy out after all the hard work that has been done to get us this far. Since 2012.
should have read through before posting

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:34 pm

I think we have seen enough over recent weeks we could potentially flirt with the playoffs next season (with TW in charge) - there were a few dud signings over the summer, we need to get rid of these, can we keep Ainge as a centre half as at this level as a striker he isn't going to cut the mustard (however as an emergency/injuries is great addition to have) and we need to make use of the loan market - which TW seems to have accepted.
I know there are a lot of people that want TW out, but in my opinion that aint going to happen, we have got no money to back a new management team and we need to accept that we have to bumble along until the stadium issue is resolved or potential a rich sugar daddy comes along.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlogramps
Posts: 4793
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TW - Learning His Trade

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:52 pm


PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I think we have seen enough over recent weeks we could potentially flirt with the playoffs next season
*Face palm* Get in the bloody sea will you.

Irrespective of who is in charge, making a statement like that, based on three games at the end of the season (when no pressure is on us) is the height of stupidity. Half our team is made up of loanees who'll leave in a few weeks.

I would love us to be flirting with the play offs next season, but it is waaaaaaaay too early to be statements like that.

Let's see A) who our manager is and B) the signings they make, before making any predictions for next season.

As for "not having any money", that myth was fairly well busted at the Netcafe. We're not scrounging, scrimping and saving in the manner TW's supporters like to make out.





If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Post Reply