Tommy Wright: 19/20 Season. Yay or Nay

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Keep it simple, #TommyIn or #TommyOut for the 19/20 season?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:03 pm

#TommyIn
41%
#TommyOut
59%

Total votes: 88

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tommy Wright: 19/20 Season. Yay or Nay

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:37 pm

What is a budget to the extent that it is a finalised thing that can be shared to the league our of interest?

Budget is your desired spend / limit on what you can spend - but on what exactly - what possible way is there to enforce accuracy of that submission?

I can imagine there could be submissions of previous year P&L but anything else just feels like it would be completely made up.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 pm

lo36789 wrote:What is a budget to the extent that it is a finalised thing that can be shared to the league our of interest?

Budget is your desired spend / limit on what you can spend - but on what exactly - what possible way is there to enforce accuracy of that submission?

I can imagine there could be submissions of previous year P&L but anything else just feels like it would be completely made up.
You’re likely to be totally correct.

One can’t imagine Salford acknowledged their seven figure loss in advance if the clubs do actually report their ‘budget’.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:24 am

Bit of a change in the voting since Mondays defeat :?

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Yes - I think Monday was probably the last straw for a few people. We could beat Leamington in style but it shouldn't change anything now. A bit sad really.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Why is it sad?

People are always likely to change their mind after such a pathetic performance. However I would suspect here it is more people being reminded of the reality outside our little 3-game bubble of false hope.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:47 am

I am 50/50 on Tommy at the moment, he is a nice bloke, he has the best interests of the club at heart and has had his hands tied this season with budget cuts, losing players (Styche and Hughes), but he has not been good enough over the season, I am sure he would be the first to admit this,

A non-Darlo supporting mate of mine suggested that because Tommy is still quite young at 34, he may still be trying to be one of the lads when he should be moving away from that when he is there to be Manager, I dont really know about that to be honest.

I think he has done well in bringing the Academy into action and it seems like he may be good at coaching and developing kids, which can hopefully become a valuable asset in the next few years

If Tommy is still here come Pre-Season in July, he needs to dig deep and do some soul searching to put this season behind him.

But I will support whoever is in charge next season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:25 pm

To be honest with you that has been my thinking too, that he has trusted the players and tried to be one of the boys, and to be honest quite a few through the season have let him down, and he seriously does need to learn from that. You have between TW and AW polar opposites with Tommy defending players and Alan bollocking them.

The pair of them will have learned a lot this season, but whatever decision made by the board I will certainly backing them. Been through much worse than this season with the mighty Quakers.