Grange Road Sign

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

RonJeremy
Team Supported: Darlington, Man Utd.

Re: Grange Road Sign

Post by RonJeremy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Darlospike wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:21 pm
Two words..."Tin" and "Pot" we are Darlington football club. We've been on some amazing journeys, some not so. One thing that gripes me, lack of respect from the rugby club. It's a fuckin sign, make us feel welcome! To be honest I hate the place.
I hate it too and hate the rugby club too as I know what the feelings about the football club are like behind the scenes, I won’t attend Blackwell Meadows as it gives money to the rugby club and I refuse to give anything that could benefit them in the slightest. I give to the football club via other avenues. And my opinion on another posters comments we do not want to be developing a ground that isn’t ours, we want to be looking for alternative options (sporting village) or just staying where we are league wise.

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 pm

RonJeremy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:10 pm
Darlospike wrote:
Two words..."Tin" and "Pot" we are Darlington football club. We've been on some amazing journeys, some not so. One thing that gripes me, lack of respect from the rugby club. It's a fuckin sign, make us feel welcome! To be honest I hate the place.
I hate it too and hate the rugby club too as I know what the feelings about the football club are like behind the scenes, I won’t attend Blackwell Meadows as it gives money to the rugby club and I refuse to give anything that could benefit them in the slightest. I give to the football club via other avenues. And my opinion on another posters comments we do not want to be developing a ground that isn’t ours, we want to be looking for alternative options (sporting village) or just staying where we are league wise.
My understanding is that the Sporting Village ground ( if it happens) won't be owned by DFC either.

DFC will be tennants at the new venue, just like they were at Feethams

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:40 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 pm
RonJeremy wrote:
Darlospike wrote:
My understanding is that the Sporting Village ground ( if it happens) won't be owned by DFC either.

Depends which option we as a club pick at the SV.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:43 pm

RonJeremy wrote:
Darlospike wrote:
I quite like BM although so much I would look to change over time but would need money as well.

The only problem with BM for me is the Rugby Club attitude, the pipe under the pitch and the club house stopping development that side. Everything else can be worked upon and changed over time, I quite like it's location in the town.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:40 pm
spen666 wrote:
RonJeremy wrote:
Darlospike wrote:

My understanding is that no option makes the club own the venue. They might have exclusive use of a ground, like they did at Feethams, but won't own the site

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:18 am

spen666 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 am
spen666 wrote:
RonJeremy wrote:
Darlospike wrote:

My understanding is that no option makes the club own the venue. They might have exclusive use of a ground, like they did at Feethams, but won't own the site
You said we wouldn’t own the venue or do you mean the land or both. Who would own the venue if we bought and paid for it?

Granted the land we wouldn’t own but the venue itself who would own that then?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:34 am

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:18 am
spen666 wrote:
spen666 wrote:
RonJeremy wrote:

You said we wouldn’t own the venue or do you mean the land or both. Who would own the venue if we bought and paid for it?

Think you are confusing terminology. You are talking about the fixtures and fittings as "the venue" I think. I am talking about the site ie the land as the venue. The fixtures and fittings are not the venue. They are built on the venue.

When I say wouldn't own the venue, I gave the example of Feethams as being the same. Darlington did not own Feethams, but did own the fixtures and fittings. I am not certain, but I suspect the same is true at BM ie DFC own the stands they built.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 am

spen666 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:34 am
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:18 am
spen666 wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Think you are confusing terminology. You are talking about the fixtures and fittings as "the venue" I think. I am talking about the site ie the land as the venue. The fixtures and fittings are not the venue. They are built on the venue.

When I say wouldn't own the venue, I gave the example of Feethams as being the same. Darlington did not own Feethams, but did own the fixtures and fittings. I am not certain, but I suspect the same is true at BM ie DFC own the stands they built.
You said

So when you said SV Ground (if it happens) you meant the land?
When you said if it happens are you saying the land doesn't exist currently?

So if I wrote the Brewery Field Ground (rather than SV ground) is looking a mess these days, you would straight away know that I am talking about the land and not the fixtures and fittings?