Wheatley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
poppyfield
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Wheatley

Post by poppyfield » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 am

In the light of what was said last night about Wheatley's hernia , would it be worth our while funding his op buy going private , as he's our player/asset it would be in our interest to get this done so he's fit for the start of the season, I looked at basic costing's and it's about £3000 to £4000, a lot money I know , but if he has to wait for an NHS slot it could be months instead of weeks.
Obviously Wheatley's got to be in AAs plans. Thoughts.?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11718
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:55 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 am
In the light of what was said last night about Wheatley's hernia , would it be worth our while funding his op buy going private , as he's our player/asset it would be in our interest to get this done so he's fit for the start of the season, I looked at basic costing's and it's about £3000 to £4000, a lot money I know , but if he has to wait for an NHS slot it could be months instead of weeks.
Obviously Wheatley's got to be in AAs plans. Thoughts.?
I've had two hernia opps both times with the NHS and once I was diagnosed it only took a couple of weeks before I was operated on.

shawry
Posts: 2583
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by shawry » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:22 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
poppyfield wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 am
In the light of what was said last night about Wheatley's hernia , would it be worth our while funding his op buy going private , as he's our player/asset it would be in our interest to get this done so he's fit for the start of the season, I looked at basic costing's and it's about £3000 to £4000, a lot money I know , but if he has to wait for an NHS slot it could be months instead of weeks.
Obviously Wheatley's got to be in AAs plans. Thoughts.?
I've had two hernia opps both times with the NHS and once I was diagnosed it only took a couple of weeks before I was operated on.
Lucky you, I was diagnosed, and was on a waiting list for over 3 months without getting a date, then when it became life threatening it got done that day.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


quakerste
Posts: 1328
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by quakerste » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Let's just do another pitch to raise funds for his op.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:52 pm

I think he was so hampered last season that we have probably forgotten a little bit what an effective midfielder he is. I dont think he was helped last season when he had to play in that meaningless durham cup game against Pool and it made things much worse for him and he had to be subbed.
I'd like to see everything possible done as quickly as possible to get him fit and firing again. He's a real asset and could form an effective partnership with Atkinson.

joejaques
Posts: 2650
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Wheatley

Post by joejaques » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:12 pm

Has anyone approached the club to see if they are receptive to the idea? Could be covered by what has been raised above the BTB target.
Image

Darlopartisan
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:10 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:12 pm
Has anyone approached the club to see if they are receptive to the idea? Could be covered by what has been raised above the BTB target.
That’s a great point, I honestly couldn’t see anyone objecting to using that the monies raised over and above that 100K to sort it out.
I will email the club tomorrow and see what their thoughts are.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:38 pm

It was discussed at the forum

jjljks
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by jjljks » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 am

Just from a business view, we would be protecting one of our best assets so makes sense. Given the medical scanner parked outside the clubhouse, maybe we could get a discount? Definitely worth checking out use of BTB "excess" funding to sort the lad out.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:01 am

I have emailed the club, about using the BTB excess (the 100K total) to fund the operation, just waiting for a response :thumbup:

eddie-rowles
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 am

Does the club not have medical insurance thru the PFA? if not it maybe something that could be funded by the BTB fund these are out assets and it is upto the fans to protect the assets just like the stands, floodlights etc from fire.

BoxingQuaker
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by BoxingQuaker » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 am

quakerste wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:38 pm
Let's just do another pitch to raise funds for his op.
I’d chip in for that

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11642
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Spyman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:12 pm

Surely the BTB goes towards the club's budget, and if they wish to use a chunk of that to cover the cost of a players medical treatment then the board can make that decision?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12837
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by divas » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Spyman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:12 pm
Surely the BTB goes towards the club's budget, and if they wish to use a chunk of that to cover the cost of a players medical treatment then the board can make that decision?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:thumbup:

Exactly

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11642
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Spyman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Which by the way I'm not against - if the difference between a half fit Wheatley and a fully fit Wheatley is £3k it seems a sensible investment.

Do we have any kind of medical insurance for our players, and if not how much would it likely cost?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Spyman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:15 pm
Which by the way I'm not against - if the difference between a half fit Wheatley and a fully fit Wheatley is £3k it seems a sensible investment.

Do we have any kind of medical insurance for our players, and if not how much would it likely cost?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
£3k is indeed a sensible investment - a snip in fact (ouch!)
Would be great to have a 100% fit Wheatley ready for next season :thumbup:

EDJOHNS
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Never for 1 moment considered we would not have insurance. A frightening thought should we ever get a really bad injury, and really should be mandatory.
My opinion only, but someone from the club should be speaking to the PFA pretty damned quick and getting info on the best available insurance for our level in the game.
Brings up, have we actually got public liability insurance cover.

Emdubya
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:03 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:53 pm
Never for 1 moment considered we would not have insurance. A frightening thought should we ever get a really bad injury, and really should be mandatory.
My opinion only, but someone from the club should be speaking to the PFA pretty damned quick and getting info on the best available insurance for our level in the game.
Brings up, have we actually got public liability insurance cover.
Enter Darlogramps ,stage left. :lol:

lo36789
Posts: 8025
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Wheatley

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:00 pm

We couldn’t stage football matches without public liability cover...quite the leap from not having insurance for Wheatley to that though.

I always thought it was down to players to sort out medical insurance - I thought we may have some protection that effectively compensates for his salary whilst injured but who knows.

sada8022
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:17 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by sada8022 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Most players have their own, kneeshaw tweeted that he was glad he had insurance as he had done his ankle ligament.

Mister e
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Mister e » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Wonder what the position is with that poor lad Sam muggleton we had on loan from chesterfield who sustained the career threatening injury against Southport.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Mister e wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:36 pm
Wonder what the position is with that poor lad Sam muggleton we had on loan from chesterfield who sustained the career threatening injury against Southport.
He has been released by Chesterfield. Not sure where that leaves him, if they have looked after his operation/rehabilitation or just left him to the PFA.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:10 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:00 pm
We couldn’t stage football matches without public liability cover...quite the leap from not having insurance for Wheatley to that though.

I always thought it was down to players to sort out medical insurance - I thought we may have some protection that effectively compensates for his salary whilst injured but who knows.
I wasn't saying we had non I was just shocked. I do know that even dating back to the 60's clubs in the Midland combination carried insurance for injuries on the pitch, but when I read that it reminded me of an ex chairman of ours, (George the first), who caused the club some problems when Brian Albeson got injured as we had not paid the players insurance for whatever reason and a needed operation was delayed.

Darlo_CR
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:14 pm

He’s had the operation today, not sure on the timescale for recovery but it would be great to have him back for the start of the season!

Darlopartisan
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Brilliant news

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11718
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:14 pm
He’s had the operation today, not sure on the timescale for recovery but it would be great to have him back for the start of the season!
I couldn't walk much for 3 weeks, but I was older and had no access to physiotherapy, so hopefully he'll be able to start jogging after a couple of weeks, but I'd imagine he won't be fully fit for the start of training.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Had a groin one 2 Years ago, but abdominal is less time.
He'll be up and walking straight away now.
2 weeks of gentle walking
After 2 weeks, light jogging.
4 weeks, gentle running
6 weeks - weights and back to gentle training.
Mid August before he'll be playing I reckon.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11718
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Obviously being young, rather than old git like me will speed up his recovery times.

jjljks
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wheatley

Post by jjljks » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Almost like getting a new signing, great news. Sure he will come good again for us next season. Wishing him a complete and speedy recovery

Post Reply