Notes from the fans' forum

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlogramps
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 am

Not seen a full write-up of last night's FF yet, but there were some good news lines to come out of it.

- Between us and one other club for Dan Maguire. AA has alternatives in mind in case he doesn’t join. Maguire has gone with some of our players to Ibiza for a pre-season holiday.

- Armstrong is trying to sign Jameson, but he's looking for full time football. Says Jameson was a "broken man" with no confidence when he left here last time out.

- Says he will be bringing in an assistant. It looks a nailed-on certainty it’ll be Darren Holloway, but he’s waiting for the issues with Blyth to be resolved. That was my reading anyway.

- Will be using the loan market but I don’t get the impression he’ll be bringing in players wholesale as TW did.

- Our budget has been cut from last season but is still “more than competitive” according to DJ. Higher than what AA was working with at Blyth last season. Budget based on last season’s average (which was 1394). Aim is to finish top half.

- Alan White wants to remain part of the club but difficult to say whether he’s staying or not.

- Let slip that Laing will be signing.

- Rivers turned down more money at Spennymoor to join us. There were plenty of offers for the players we've signed, some have turned down more money to join us. Some of the contracts and signing-on fees being offered in this division for players are "eye-watering".

- Johnston says Armstrong is tighter than he is. Managing to a budget is clearly hugely significant for Armstrong.

- Joe Wheatley has a hernia and they’re looking at an operation. Was playing in pain last season, as nothing was coming up on scans.

- Getting close to making a decision on Sporting Village. Issues outstanding regarding Primacy of Tenure and the artificial pitch (which would prevent us getting back into the Football League). DJ’s view is that we would only move back to the Arena/SV if we could develop our own ground on that site within two to three years. Alternatives are to spend several million developing Blackwell.

- Another option is to build a 4G facility to generate commercial revenue at Blackwell.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11642
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:51 am

Sounds positive yet realistic.

Hopefully McGuire has a great holiday with his mates in Ibiza, but also good to hear we're not putting all our eggs in one basket.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 am

Out of interest Gramps, roughly where were you seated last night?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


LoidLucan
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks for that. Good to read a summary of the main points for those of us who couldn't make it.

JE93
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by JE93 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:58 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 am
Not seen a full write-up of last night's FF yet, but there were some good news lines to come out of it.

- Between us and one other club for Dan Maguire. AA has alternatives in mind in case he doesn’t join. Maguire has gone with some of our players to Ibiza for a pre-season holiday.

- Armstrong is trying to sign Jameson, but he's looking for full time football. Says Jameson was a "broken man" with no confidence when he left here last time out.

- Says he will be bringing in an assistant. It looks a nailed-on certainty it’ll be Darren Holloway, but he’s waiting for the issues with Blyth to be resolved. That was my reading anyway.

- Will be using the loan market but I don’t get the impression he’ll be bringing in players wholesale as TW did.

- Our budget has been cut from last seen but is still “more than competitive” according to DJ. Higher than what AA was working with at Blyth last season. Budget based on last season’s average (which was 1394). Aim is to finish top half.

- Alan White wants to remain part of the club but difficult to say whether he’s staying or not.

- Let slip that Laing will be signing.

- Rivers turned down more money at Spennymoor to join us. There were plenty of offers for the players we've signed, some of have turned down more money to join us. Some of the contracts and signing-on fees being offered in this division for players are "eye-watering".

- Johnston says Armstrong is tighter than he is. Managing to a budget is clearly hugely significant for Armstrong.

- Joe Wheatley has a hernia and they’re looking at an operation. Was playing in pain last season, as nothing was coming up on scans.

- Getting close to making a decision on Sporting Village. Issues outstanding regarding Primacy of Tenure and the artificial pitch (which would prevent us getting back into the Football League). DJ’s view is that we would only move back to the Arena/SV if we could develop our own ground on that site within two to three years. Alternatives are to spend several million developing Blackwell.

- Another option is to build a 4G facility to generate commercial revenue at Blackwell.
Cheers gramps very helpful for those who cant attend.

Credit to everyone involved with the club the feel good factor is well and truly back. Cant wait for next season already.

shawry
Posts: 2583
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by shawry » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:04 am

LoidLucan wrote:Thanks for that. Good to read a summary of the main points for those of us who couldn't make it.
Its available online to listen to in full

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


LoidLucan
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:05 am

This version falls more in line with my attention span :D

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:12 am

Great summary. All seems very positive at the moment.

biccynana
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by biccynana » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:23 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 am
- Rivers turned down more money at Spennymoor to join us.
There's more to life than vibes.

Thanks for the summary, Gramps.
"I asked for a drink. That's a wet glass. Bring me a proper drink." Lt Cdr EKR S, March 1963.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:59 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 am
Out of interest Gramps, roughly where were you seated last night?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
About an hour and a half away in Leeds.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by H1987 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:12 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 am
Not seen a full write-up of last night's FF yet, but there were some good news lines to come out of it.

- Between us and one other club for Dan Maguire. AA has alternatives in mind in case he doesn’t join. Maguire has gone with some of our players to Ibiza for a pre-season holiday.

- Armstrong is trying to sign Jameson, but he's looking for full time football. Says Jameson was a "broken man" with no confidence when he left here last time out.

- Says he will be bringing in an assistant. It looks a nailed-on certainty it’ll be Darren Holloway, but he’s waiting for the issues with Blyth to be resolved. That was my reading anyway.

- Will be using the loan market but I don’t get the impression he’ll be bringing in players wholesale as TW did.

- Our budget has been cut from last season but is still “more than competitive” according to DJ. Higher than what AA was working with at Blyth last season. Budget based on last season’s average (which was 1394). Aim is to finish top half.

- Alan White wants to remain part of the club but difficult to say whether he’s staying or not.

- Let slip that Laing will be signing.

- Rivers turned down more money at Spennymoor to join us. There were plenty of offers for the players we've signed, some have turned down more money to join us. Some of the contracts and signing-on fees being offered in this division for players are "eye-watering".

- Johnston says Armstrong is tighter than he is. Managing to a budget is clearly hugely significant for Armstrong.

- Joe Wheatley has a hernia and they’re looking at an operation. Was playing in pain last season, as nothing was coming up on scans.

- Getting close to making a decision on Sporting Village. Issues outstanding regarding Primacy of Tenure and the artificial pitch (which would prevent us getting back into the Football League). DJ’s view is that we would only move back to the Arena/SV if we could develop our own ground on that site within two to three years. Alternatives are to spend several million developing Blackwell.

- Another option is to build a 4G facility to generate commercial revenue at Blackwell.
Big thanks for that Gramps. So Laing coming in, and possibly Maguire and Jameson. Heck, we'd not need a whole lot else beyond loan moves at that point , would we? A modest and attainable target, and i hope we set up to play some attacking football.

I see this Sporting Village is still hanging like a spectre over everything still. Did anyone raise the point that developing our own ground at the arena is likely to cost more than developing Blackwell? Either way, was there any indication of when they are going to 'decide' on this? It's been hanging over the club for well over a year now.

shawry
Posts: 2583
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by shawry » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:18 am

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 am
Not seen a full write-up of last night's FF yet, but there were some good news lines to come out of it.

- Between us and one other club for Dan Maguire. AA has alternatives in mind in case he doesn’t join. Maguire has gone with some of our players to Ibiza for a pre-season holiday.

- Armstrong is trying to sign Jameson, but he's looking for full time football. Says Jameson was a "broken man" with no confidence when he left here last time out.

- Says he will be bringing in an assistant. It looks a nailed-on certainty it’ll be Darren Holloway, but he’s waiting for the issues with Blyth to be resolved. That was my reading anyway.

- Will be using the loan market but I don’t get the impression he’ll be bringing in players wholesale as TW did.

- Our budget has been cut from last season but is still “more than competitive” according to DJ. Higher than what AA was working with at Blyth last season. Budget based on last season’s average (which was 1394). Aim is to finish top half.

- Alan White wants to remain part of the club but difficult to say whether he’s staying or not.

- Let slip that Laing will be signing.

- Rivers turned down more money at Spennymoor to join us. There were plenty of offers for the players we've signed, some have turned down more money to join us. Some of the contracts and signing-on fees being offered in this division for players are "eye-watering".

- Johnston says Armstrong is tighter than he is. Managing to a budget is clearly hugely significant for Armstrong.

- Joe Wheatley has a hernia and they’re looking at an operation. Was playing in pain last season, as nothing was coming up on scans.

- Getting close to making a decision on Sporting Village. Issues outstanding regarding Primacy of Tenure and the artificial pitch (which would prevent us getting back into the Football League). DJ’s view is that we would only move back to the Arena/SV if we could develop our own ground on that site within two to three years. Alternatives are to spend several million developing Blackwell.

- Another option is to build a 4G facility to generate commercial revenue at Blackwell.
Big thanks for that Gramps. So Laing coming in, and possibly Maguire and Jameson. Heck, we'd not need a whole lot else beyond loan moves at that point , would we? A modest and attainable target, and i hope we set up to play some attacking football.

I see this Sporting Village is still hanging like a spectre over everything still. Did anyone raise the point that developing our own ground at the arena is likely to cost more than developing Blackwell? Either way, was there any indication of when they are going to 'decide' on this? It's been hanging over the club for well over a year now.
Once they have full details then it will be presented, but is close to being possible to make a decision

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:24 am

H1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:12 am
Big thanks for that Gramps. So Laing coming in, and possibly Maguire and Jameson. Heck, we'd not need a whole lot else beyond loan moves at that point , would we? A modest and attainable target, and i hope we set up to play some attacking football.

I see this Sporting Village is still hanging like a spectre over everything still. Did anyone raise the point that developing our own ground at the arena is likely to cost more than developing Blackwell? Either way, was there any indication of when they are going to 'decide' on this? It's been hanging over the club for well over a year now.

We won't be getting many loan players, that plan is pretty much out the window. Armstrong has won that argument as long as he can provide the players on the budget we have, basically he is bringing more for less in terms of Wright & Gray. Fair play but can only be judged at the end of each season on how that goes.

No one needed to mention new ground at SV would cost more, DJ mentioned figures of 2m/3m for that - these came across as rough figures and not really costed etc. Staying at the Rugby Club may not be possible long term with our ambition really, we are not happy with the deal and would need it to change, so if the Rugby Club won't change then we would be stuck really.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:25 am

Also mentioned that if we do decide to stay at BM then the lease will be renegotiated. Implied that the services are poor at BM as rugby club aren't too bothered - they get the money anyway so have us over a barrel, but we needed to get to BM or would be stuck in Evo-Stik.
A few implications that last season's management decisions didn't work - whether it be style, tactics, team spirit, players travelling from afar. Expect that it raised Alun Armstrong's eyes when he heard about last year. DJ also mentioned in his interview when unveiling AA about an increased 'professionalism'. I for one actually am relieved that we are still in this league after last year's shenanigans.
One I forgot about. AA said that Trotts suits his style of play so he is obviously a fan.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11718
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Whenever we've played Blyth, Jameson has always had a fantastic reception from Darlo fans, so I think the way he left us before will have been forgotten by now.

bga
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by bga » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:08 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:59 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 am
Out of interest Gramps, roughly where were you seated last night?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
About an hour and a half away in Leeds.
Good answer Gramps....Quakerman's hit man had a wasted journey to Darlo then!

bga
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by bga » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:09 pm

biccynana wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:23 am
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 am
- Rivers turned down more money at Spennymoor to join us.
There's more to life than vibes.

Thanks for the summary, Gramps.
Seconded

Darlo2807
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Maguire on holiday with some of our players? Hopefully they can bring him round and get him to sign!

Darlogramps
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:13 pm

Darlo2807 wrote:Maguire on holiday with some of our players? Hopefully they can bring him round and get him to sign!
By our players, I’m presuming that’s some of the Blyth lot who’ve just joined. Either way, if they can work on him during the break, that’d be great.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quakersfan
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by quakersfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:24 am
H1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:12 am
Big thanks for that Gramps. So Laing coming in, and possibly Maguire and Jameson. Heck, we'd not need a whole lot else beyond loan moves at that point , would we? A modest and attainable target, and i hope we set up to play some attacking football.

I see this Sporting Village is still hanging like a spectre over everything still. Did anyone raise the point that developing our own ground at the arena is likely to cost more than developing Blackwell? Either way, was there any indication of when they are going to 'decide' on this? It's been hanging over the club for well over a year now.

We won't be getting many loan players, that plan is pretty much out the window. Armstrong has won that argument as long as he can provide the players on the budget we have, basically he is bringing more for less in terms of Wright & Gray. Fair play but can only be judged at the end of each season on how that goes.

No one needed to mention new ground at SV would cost more, DJ mentioned figures of 2m/3m for that - these came across as rough figures and not really costed etc. Staying at the Rugby Club may not be possible long term with our ambition really, we are not happy with the deal and would need it to change, so if the Rugby Club won't change then we would be stuck really.
£2m-£3m to develop BM to league standard which will never be ours and that’s if the RG will ever agree to it we have 15 years for the licence to run. £5m to develop a 5000 capacity next to the Arena would the council ever allow it. Move back to the Arena virtually on the same rent to a proper stadium but with the two problems mentioned by DJ.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:56 am

In 2 more years we can access more grants for the next level if we did get promotion, or an interim step, if we could sort out the primacy of tenure issue, is that we play at the Arena in the NL where 4g pitches are allowed, but DJ is not a fan. The next amount of funding is 400k, which may give us a big terrace at the away end at BM. The FSIS says that the maximum grant percentage is 70%. Anyone know what this means?
Anyway, spending more money at BM would be pointless if we got promoted to the NL if we weren't going to eventually play there in the EFL. Stuck between a rock and a hard place really.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:42 am

quakersfan wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:24 am
H1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:12 am
Big thanks for that Gramps. So Laing coming in, and possibly Maguire and Jameson. Heck, we'd not need a whole lot else beyond loan moves at that point , would we? A modest and attainable target, and i hope we set up to play some attacking football.

I see this Sporting Village is still hanging like a spectre over everything still. Did anyone raise the point that developing our own ground at the arena is likely to cost more than developing Blackwell? Either way, was there any indication of when they are going to 'decide' on this? It's been hanging over the club for well over a year now.

We won't be getting many loan players, that plan is pretty much out the window. Armstrong has won that argument as long as he can provide the players on the budget we have, basically he is bringing more for less in terms of Wright & Gray. Fair play but can only be judged at the end of each season on how that goes.

No one needed to mention new ground at SV would cost more, DJ mentioned figures of 2m/3m for that - these came across as rough figures and not really costed etc. Staying at the Rugby Club may not be possible long term with our ambition really, we are not happy with the deal and would need it to change, so if the Rugby Club won't change then we would be stuck really.
£2m-£3m to develop BM to league standard which will never be ours and that’s if the RG will ever agree to it we have 15 years for the licence to run. £5m to develop a 5000 capacity next to the Arena would the council ever allow it. Move back to the Arena virtually on the same rent to a proper stadium but with the two problems mentioned by DJ.
Doesn't matter if it's 2m/3m/5m for the option as this stage, without a stepped approach and full plan we just can't make a decision.

Arena - Is out as we can't get around the primary of tenure, so unless that changes long term then no point even contemplating it and that's before we get on to the 4G pitch to be installed. It resolves nothing but moving us away from DRFC.

Blackwell Meadows - Either a serious change in relationship must occur or long term we need to be moving away and planning where/if possible. Long term currently doesn't work for us at BM, it holds us back as we can't make the changes/developments we would like.

Land at the SV - Depending on a lot of things could be the best long term option, however a lot of questions. Can we develop over years, does it give us a club house, probably not but would we have land for a 4G pitch (why would we if 4G pitch at the arena - can't see competition to that being allowed. It may be 5m but that wouldn't all be needed at once, however I can't imagine the SV wanting to wait say 5/10 years before we moved in.

Whilst it's frustrating for us not having a long term plan and we really need one, however the above just shows how difficult the way forward is.

It wouldn't happen but a perfect scenario for me would be getting a plan for our own stadium/club house, looking for funds, whilst playing out a number of years at BM currently and attempting to make our club strong enough to get into the National League. This could be a 10 year plan but I am sure that wouldn't suit everyone (not just fans, SV, Council, Rugby Club etc.) but I am more than happy to slowly build something, let's face it we are miles away from being ready for the any tilt at getting back in the league.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:52 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:56 am
The FSIS says that the maximum grant percentage is 70%. Anyone know what this means?

I'm guessing that it means they will finance up to 70% of any build cost? Up to 400k.

It used to be called matched funding, ie if you put in 100k they put in 100k, therefore a 50% split - maybe that has changed?
TAFKAQ

@1883Of

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12837
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by divas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:56 am

The next plan simply has to be long term. Even if it’s going to take 10 years to come to fruition the objective has to be for us to have autonomy of our own ground whether we physically own it or not as long as there is a very long term lease on it. Short term success is great but if it’s not underpinned by a longer term vision then you simply can’t progress as we’ve witnessed.

We shouldn’t be overawed by the size of the task as it doesn’t need to be achieved overnight but is critical to ensure the club can prosper long term. We’ve already proved as a fan base what we can do with a relatively small band of fans.

quakersfan
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by quakersfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:12 am

divas wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:56 am
The next plan simply has to be long term. Even if it’s going to take 10 years to come to fruition the objective has to be for us to have autonomy of our own ground whether we physically own it or not as long as there is a very long term lease on it. Short term success is great but if it’s not underpinned by a longer term vision then you simply can’t progress as we’ve witnessed.

We shouldn’t be overawed by the size of the task as it doesn’t need to be achieved overnight but is critical to ensure the club can prosper long term. We’ve already proved as a fan base what we can do with a relatively small band of fans.
Definitely long term plan needed. However if we found ourselves in the NL next year long term suddenly becomes short term, also I’m sure I’ve read rules on away fans having cover and % of seats are to be implemented in the future.

To me if we could find some land to purchase for development that would be my first option however as fan owned it would likely be out of reach. 2nd option move back to the Arena which is a future proof stadium whilst working on a long term plan to fund our own ground. 3rd stay at BM develop the away end with covered terracing which would suffice if in fact we do have to have covered area for away fans.

With the council changing to NOC this may have an influence on all of above.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:13 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:52 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:56 am
The FSIS says that the maximum grant percentage is 70%. Anyone know what this means?

I'm guessing that it means they will finance up to 70% of any build cost? Up to 400k.

It used to be called matched funding, ie if you put in 100k they put in 100k, therefore a 50% split - maybe that has changed?

Does this mean if they give us 400k, we have to raise 30% of it, i.e 120k, or 400k is 70% of 572k so if we raise 172k then they give us 400k?

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:25 am

divas wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:56 am
The next plan simply has to be long term. Even if it’s going to take 10 years to come to fruition the objective has to be for us to have autonomy of our own ground whether we physically own it or not as long as there is a very long term lease on it. Short term success is great but if it’s not underpinned by a longer term vision then you simply can’t progress as we’ve witnessed.

We shouldn’t be overawed by the size of the task as it doesn’t need to be achieved overnight but is critical to ensure the club can prosper long term. We’ve already proved as a fan base what we can do with a relatively small band of fans.
This is the only way forward, short term decisions will only bring trouble down the road.

The football world has changed and league football is not guaranteed for anyone anymore, it's all about having a club and community for clubs at our end now.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:45 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:13 am
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:52 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:56 am
The FSIS says that the maximum grant percentage is 70%. Anyone know what this means?

I'm guessing that it means they will finance up to 70% of any build cost? Up to 400k.

It used to be called matched funding, ie if you put in 100k they put in 100k, therefore a 50% split - maybe that has changed?

Does this mean if they give us 400k, we have to raise 30% of it, i.e 120k, or 400k is 70% of 572k so if we raise 172k then they give us 400k?
I don't know because it was a guess.

One thing we do know is that at NL level you can get up to 400k in grants, minus whatever grant funding you've received in the last 5 years. So at the moment if we ended up in the NL we could access 150k, but as you pointed out in 2 years time we should be OK for 400k.

If I'm correct in my guess that the 70% thing means that the grant can cover up to 70% of the build cost then it would mean for example if we have to spend 500k to do the next work on BM that may mean grant funding of 350k and then 150k from us. If things are the same as they always have been then that would mean a 250k/250k split.
TAFKAQ

@1883Of

Beano
Posts: 1285
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by Beano » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:50 am

I don’t get a lot of the purpose of the ground grading criteria - most of the seats and cover are superfluous to most clubs at each respective level.

What is the point?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Notes from the fans' forum

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:56 am

Beano wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:50 am
I don’t get a lot of the purpose of the ground grading criteria - most of the seats and cover are superfluous to most clubs at each respective level.

What is the point?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What levels would you have for our standard?

I don't think they are too bad to be honest and give you a stpped approach up the leagues.

Post Reply