Dan Maguire signs!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

50 years
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dan Maguire signs!!

Post by 50 years » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:36 am

I think Amar would easily be bullied out of the game in this league, the defences are much more robust, physical and "wise" in the NLN, so not one I would go for (but I am no football manager as said before). I am sure that AA will have targets in mind, and he may well bring the best out of Ainge as a forward. Certainly think he will be the type of manager that gets the team fit and motivates them.looking forward to the season already, with no major expectations other than some good football, a team that tries and plays as a team and top half finish, although would love a cup run to get money into the bank for a go at promotion the season after.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 am

I think we will be looking at the list of released players from the other north east academies with great interest.

Blyth are going to have no one left at this rate....

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:48 am

Blyth have now signed 5 players from Newcastle Benfield including 2 who are in dual registration. If we are Darlo Spartans, they are Blyth Benfield!

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 am

LoidLucan wrote:Blyth have now signed 5 players from Newcastle Benfield including 2 who are in dual registration. If we are Darlo Spartans, they are Blyth Benfield!
No harm in getting odd gem from northern league, two of gatesheads best players (lee novak and james curtis) were from the northern league. But building a conf north squad around players from that level, too big a jump?
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams