Hospitality

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
quakersfan
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Hospitality

Post by quakersfan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:42 pm

As a regular in hospitality, £45 per match seems very high. The food has got better last season but can anyone from the club/Hospitality confirm that the menu offering has been dramatically redesigned if not £45 imo is taking the piss particular after DJs comments at the recent forum on the food offering. So either it has been improved or Club is taking the piss.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11736
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Spyman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Depends on what's included, but if your entry is £15, a programme is £3, then you're looking at something like £25 for a meal and a better view.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6103
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by loan_star » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Its only a better view if you get to the front of the balcony.
The food on offer needs to be far better than what the rugby club are serving up.
Since this is a key revenue stream for both clubs you would hope the rugby lot would pull their fingers out a bit.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12012
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Out of interest what is the usual type of food that is served in hospitality? I know at HP it was usually a pie and chips, I'd hope it's improved a fair bit since then.

Mister e
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Mister e » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm

The rugby club have no right to be doing our match day food we are paying rent to hire the facilities over that period of time not the staff. If you rent a house you don't expect your landlord to send his wife round and cook you a crap meal and then charge you an excessive price for it.

quakersfan
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by quakersfan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Food has improved towards end of last season. With a near 30% rise it sounds like they have sorted out a better offering, hopefully someone from the club can confirm it either way, if not then £45 is not something I’ll be buying anymore. As a fan funded club who actually decides on pricing as a regular user of hospitality I wasn’t asked on my view.

sada8022
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:17 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by sada8022 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm

I agree we have been a few times but not anymore, we never learn putting prices up after the Season we just had is ridiculous , how you going to get new people coming.

Maurice_Peddelty
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:17 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:40 pm
Food has improved towards end of last season. With a near 30% rise it sounds like they have sorted out a better offering, hopefully someone from the club can confirm it either way, if not then £45 is not something I’ll be buying anymore. As a fan funded club who actually decides on pricing as a regular user of hospitality I wasn’t asked on my view.
Why don't you contact the Football Club and pose your questions directly? As hospitality probably falls under the jurisdiction of the Commercial Director, I would have thought commercial@darlingtonfc.org would be a good start.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:11 pm

I’ve only done it once for my birthday and it cost £35 for my mate and £30 for me as a season ticket holder. So it actually cost me nearer £40. Work that one out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12012
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:53 pm

I wonder how much we make out of each person in hospitality?

Beano
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Beano » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:39 pm

I've used the Hospitality and the staff and match-day experience were excellent and they were particularly accommodating of my very young children.

I'm 6"4 so the view wasn't an issue, my 5"0 wife found it difficult; the same is true for almost any entertainment we attend.

The only disappointment was the food but I haven't been back since that was upgraded.

If the club get the appropriate facilities for food, it will take off.

comeondarlo
Posts: 2614
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).

Re: Hospitality

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:57 am

I have to say the last time I did hospitality (can’t remember the opponents but it was Grand National day), the food was really, really poor. Tbh I’d think twice about doing it again.

feethamslad
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by feethamslad » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:29 pm

At £45 this now puts our hospitality package as the most expensive in the division.

Two fundamental problems remain:

1. The food quality is not up to standard for the price

2. There is no covered seating adjacent to the hospitality suite - it's not acceptabe asking patrons to walk to the other side of the pitch to watch the match (and have to return at half time), particularly so if mobility challenged.

Suggestions:

1. Contract in outside caterers (as do Hereford) for a better offering

2. Install two tier bench seating on the verandah

Yes, I have forwarded my thoughts to the Club!

Does the Club monitor this messageboard?

lo36789
Posts: 8137
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Hospitality

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Everyone is making a massive assumption that hospitality @ £45 next season is identical to hospitality last season. I am sure the club received feedback on the food last season. FWIW I was on a stag do with half the rugby first team and they were saying that the food was being looked at from their side as it had basically received a stream of complaints from their events.

I wouldn't presume the club actively monitor the messageboard. If you have feedback or comments then it is through the normal routes. Either through commercial@darlingtonfc.org or alternatively Dave Collinge is the fans liaison officer and has his details on the website so is another route to raise feedback.
Mister e wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm
The rugby club have no right to be doing our match day food we are paying rent to hire the facilities over that period of time not the staff. If you rent a house you don't expect your landlord to send his wife round and cook you a crap meal and then charge you an excessive price for it.
That has to be the worst analogy ever, but I'll try and explain why but it's from a low base.

What we basically do is hire the house one day per fortnight from a landlord and we have people round who we charge and make money from, but the day that we hire it from them changes, sometime we only want to use it on the evening. For the rest of the time he operates a business from that house, part of that business involves inviting people round and catering for them - whilst we are using the house the landlord is unable to run his business but we will use all of his supplies (food / drink) while he is not there. The catering that they have work full time in the house because the days that they are not needed is not guaranteed, so as a result when we are in the house the landlord has to pay staff and is also not making any money from them, plus we are eating and drinking his supplies.

What actually happens instead. To tackle this issue is that as part of our agreement to use the house is we said that we would pay for the caterers to continue to serve our friends, use their supplies and we get to keep the profits beyond the cost of providing the service.

quakersfan
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by quakersfan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:22 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:01 pm
Everyone is making a massive assumption that hospitality @ £45 next season is identical to hospitality last season. I am sure the club received feedback on the food last season. FWIW I was on a stag do with half the rugby first team and they were saying that the food was being looked at from their side as it had basically received a stream of complaints from their events.

I wouldn't presume the club actively monitor the messageboard. If you have feedback or comments then it is through the normal routes. Either through commercial@darlingtonfc.org or alternatively Dave Collinge is the fans liaison officer and has his details on the website so is another route to raise feedback.
Mister e wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm
The rugby club have no right to be doing our match day food we are paying rent to hire the facilities over that period of time not the staff. If you rent a house you don't expect your landlord to send his wife round and cook you a crap meal and then charge you an excessive price for it.
That has to be the worst analogy ever, but I'll try and explain why but it's from a low base.

What we basically do is hire the house one day per fortnight from a landlord and we have people round who we charge and make money from, but the day that we hire it from them changes, sometime we only want to use it on the evening. For the rest of the time he operates a business from that house, part of that business involves inviting people round and catering for them - whilst we are using the house the landlord is unable to run his business but we will use all of his supplies (food / drink) while he is not there. The catering that they have work full time in the house because the days that they are not needed is not guaranteed, so as a result when we are in the house the landlord has to pay staff and is also not making any money from them, plus we are eating and drinking his supplies.

What actually happens instead. To tackle this issue is that as part of our agreement to use the house is we said that we would pay for the caterers to continue to serve our friends, use their supplies and we get to keep the profits beyond the cost of providing the service.
Well explained. The club are meeting DRFC to have 7-8 dishes that go down well on rotation so hopefully not the up and down quality of last two seasons.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:11 pm
I’ve only done it once for my birthday and it cost £35 for my mate and £30 for me as a season ticket holder. So it actually cost me nearer £40. Work that one out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh?

H1987
Posts: 1211
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by H1987 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:35 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 pm
Quaker85 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:11 pm
I’ve only done it once for my birthday and it cost £35 for my mate and £30 for me as a season ticket holder. So it actually cost me nearer £40. Work that one out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh?
As in he has already paid for his match ticket as part of his season ticket anyway, but an upgrade was 30, while it was only 35 for his mate. The upgrade should really deduct the per match cost already paid, otherwise an upgraded season ticket holder is paying more than an average walk up fan.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:07 am

Yes that’s it. I thought it was daft pricing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3961
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:04 am

feethamslad wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:29 pm
2. Install two tier bench seating on the verandah
This is a novel idea. Imagine built up seats high up on the balcony - a great view but somewhat terrifying ;)
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

jjljks
Posts: 1534
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Well if it is thrill seeking you want and more publicity, what about a massive barrage balloon, in club colours plus sponsor's logo with a basket slung underneath? I will concede it may not be very comfy in windy weather but would get us talked about. Could even attract Virgin back, but this time not the Trains but Virgin Atlantic :lol:

feethamslad
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by feethamslad » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Rather surprised that there is no hospitality package avialable for the Motherwell match. This would have been a great opportunity to showcase what the Club has to offer.

50 years
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by 50 years » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm

I had the hospitality last year at the Motherwell game with my son and a fair few of there fans were up there too, so may well have been a missed opportunity unless the rugby club don't have people available?

Craig09
Posts: 438
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Craig09 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:23 pm

I did hospitality alot last season and at £35 it wasn't a bad price the food was just ok tho.
Jo who organising makes you feel very welcome. I have 1 complaint tho the derby game against hartlepool I treat my dad as it was his birthday on that day of the game and I paid £50 for the both of us and we got pork pie and peas and entry into the game.... the pork pie was rotten, the ticket into the match was only £10 so we paid a extra £15 for a balcony view with a pork pie. No team sheet or programme either but the club had the cheek to whack a extra £5 on because it was a decent crowd.

One thing for sure unless the food gets a whole load better for £45 I will not be going anymore. Frozen steamed veg and frozen chicken pies just don't justify paying £45. Even Craig Morley said to me and my father in law the food could be better.
In my opinion the have killed the hospitality putting it up by £10

Sunderlands is only £60 for a 3 course and you get a free pint with that too

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12012
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hospitality

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Does the hospitality normally sell out? I guess they thought that if demand was greater than supply, they could up the prices, but I think it was a bad move and unless food quality is improved considerably they won't sell out unless it's a big game.

Post Reply