Daz,s verdict

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Daz,s verdict

Post by onewayup » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:46 am

Certain areas could be improved, I wonder which area. Considering mostly trialists and academy last night.
Come on daz give them a chance.

en passant

Re: Daz,s verdict

Post by en passant » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am

One thing he talked about that occurred to me last night was the care not pick up any more injuries as the season gets closer. A small squad will suffer if major players are missing through unnecessary injuries in preseason, as has happened already to Atkinson. Maybe this was in the back of the players minds in the first half. And talking of which, I saw Thommo having a few moments where he looked to have taken a heavy knock which he appeared to be able to run off, or at least I hope so.
Last edited by en passant on Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

en passant

Re: Daz,s verdict

Post by en passant » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 am

Of the areas that needed improvement, I would imagine he was not too happy with some of our defending which was a bit open and disorganised from time to time, and in the first half we didn't really make our tackles stick, with the ball often squirming out to a Northallerton player. But as was also said, some of the issues were about a pitch that was not always running true and giving players some difficulty in feeling the pace of the surface.