Teesside International Airport teams up with Darlington FC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Gow9900
Team Supported: Darlington

Teesside International Airport teams up with Darlington FC

Post by Gow9900 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Another great bit of news, commercial side of the club appears to be light years ahead of where it was this time last year.

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/teessid ... lington-fc

al_quaker

Re: Teesside International Airport teams up with Darlington FC

Post by al_quaker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:17 pm

In the last year or so we've added back of kit sponsors last season, and this pre-season we've added a sleeve sponsor and shorts sponsor - good work :clap:

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:29 pm

I’m not going to be happy until we have a matchball plinth sponsor

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Morley has looked a shrewd addition off the field and must have covered his salary several times over in the last year.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 pm

divas wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:29 pm
Be good if we had something on the website, advising which matches had sponsor and match ball sponsor.

Unless I am missing something I ahve no idea if we have sponsors for the first two games, I am sure Craig Morley is on it but if we alread have people in place to sponsor games, lets shout about it.

Fantastic to get more business involved, it should be obvious that actually having a Commercial Director results in a decent year on year increase on Commercial revenue, hopefully results show this is the case. I don't expect the club to come out and advise either way but accounts each year should prove the value.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Spyman wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 pm
Morley has looked a shrewd addition off the field and must have covered his salary several times over in the last year.
Not being funny but you can't really know that can you as we don't know whether some of the deals he has struck earn the club a couple of thousand quid or £20,000 quid. Truth will no doubt come out in the next accounts when presumably commercial Revenue can be shown offset against the Commercial Managers salary? By the way I think he has been a very good appointment.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Spyman wrote:
Not being funny but you can't really know that can you as we don't know whether some of the deals he has struck earn the club a couple of thousand quid or £20,000 quid. Truth will no doubt come out in the next accounts when presumably commercial Revenue can be shown offset against the Commercial Managers salary? By the way I think he has been a very good appointment.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:54 pm

No, I can't really know that and nor do I claim to - but I'd be surprised if he hasn't as he seems to be a very busy man.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:04 pm

bag,not being funny, your right you aren't,
I know the hours that this guy puts into getting these commercial contracts over the line ,he's been a massive addition to the club and will do whatever he can to attract ever more sponsors ,as he Graig Morley is Darlington through and through. He works bloody hard for what he delivers to the club finances. Long may he do so.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:04 pm
bag,not being funny, your right you aren't,
I know the hours that this guy puts into getting these commercial contracts over the line ,he's been a massive addition to the club and will do whatever he can to attract ever more sponsors ,as he Graig Morley is Darlington through and through. He works bloody hard for what he delivers to the club finances. Long may he do so.
Like I said a very good appointment but we can only judge him on the figures when known, as that is what he was bought in to do.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:49 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
divas wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:29 pm
Be good if we had something on the website, advising which matches had sponsor and match ball sponsor.

Unless I am missing something I ahve no idea if we have sponsors for the first two games, I am sure Craig Morley is on it but if we alread have people in place to sponsor games, lets shout about it.

Fantastic to get more business involved, it should be obvious that actually having a Commercial Director results in a decent year on year increase on Commercial revenue, hopefully results show this is the case. I don't expect the club to come out and advise either way but accounts each year should prove the value.
Funnily enough I was thinking the same whilst browsing the site the other night - definitely something that will add value.

We have some new player pics to go up in the same vein that show at a glance which players are sponsored without having to click into their profiles. Better exposure for the sponsor too.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:13 pm

bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
I very much doubt the accounts will show this level of detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:59 pm

Can we get a sponsor to contribute towards the upkeep of the Rugby Club’s clock? It would look much better if it occasionally told the right time.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:40 am

Quite a lot of people mentioned it to the volunteers but nobody had informed the SLO so I checked with the stewardess towards the end of the season. It was the first she knew of it as the rugby club do not use the stand. At present there is no SLO in place but that should be the person to inform about these matters.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Can we get a sponsor to contribute towards the upkeep of the Rugby Club’s clock? It would look much better if it occasionally told the right time.
It’s correct twice, every day Image

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:08 am

If the stewardess has not sorted it during the break hopefully a SLO will be in place for you to contact.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:39 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Can we get a sponsor to contribute towards the upkeep of the Rugby Club’s clock? It would look much better if it occasionally told the right time.
It’s correct twice, every day Image

It’s not even that as it hasn’t actually stopped