Trotman out for the season

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Trotman out for the season

Post by tdk1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 am

According to the echo. Ruptured achilles. Gutting for everybody, particularly LT, who is a terrific player and seems a very nice guy.

Ghost_Of_1883

Re: Trotman out for the season

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:53 am

Fuck. Arguably our best player. That's a huge blow for us.

Gutted for him.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 am

What a blow, especially so early on in the season with the games coming thick & fast.

I expect Liddle will move over to right-back and Watson will fill-in at left-back. Galbraith can be used to cover LB if needed and Atkinson to cover RB.

We really need to get Atkinson & Wheatley somewhere near to full fitness for after the Southport game.

piggy

Post by piggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:06 am

Dreadful news. In terms of how we line up now though could Liddle play RB? Move Terry to LB and Heaton in centre??

Wishing Luke all the best with his recovery. Suffered a broken leg three years or so ago, another major injury now and he’s only 22

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:12 am

We also have young Cam Holliday who has done well in pre season and must be on the radar as he was in the squad photo shoot.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:18 am

Our second player to suffer an Achilles tendon rupture within a short space of playing time. Must be very unusual and unlucky. Terrible for the player and a massive blow for the club.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:30 am

b-llocks....:(

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:34 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery real shame, chance for someone to step up?

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am

You couldn't write it could you. Absolutely devastating news for Luke and the team!

As far as what to do, Liddle looks spot on at left back so no sense changing that, and even if we did Galbraith can not be entertained as a full back anymore. He's nowhere near mobile enough to play there at this level. It's either a back 3 with wing backs, see how Watson gets on as a right back or look at the loan market and see if the local academies fancy doing us a favour.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:51 am

Arguably the worst player for this to happen to - he's probably our most sellable asset with a year left on his contract (I think). I think there was a reasonable chance with a good run of form this season we'd see him move on for a fee.

Not only is this a huge blow for a promising young player, it's potentially financially damaging for the club.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Breedon wrote:You couldn't write it could you. Absolutely devastating news for Luke and the team!

As far as what to do, Liddle looks spot on at left back so no sense changing that, and even if we did Galbraith can not be entertained as a full back anymore. He's nowhere near mobile enough to play there at this level. It's either a back 3 with wing backs, see how Watson gets on as a right back or look at the loan market and see if the local academies fancy doing us a favour.
Disagree with regards Liddle. If he’s the best option to move there, I don’t think we have the luxury of keeping him at LB, particularly if we have Watson who can slot in there.

My guess is AA will look to put Atkinson in there when fully fit, as we have options in midfield in Holness, Wheatley and Bascome.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:13 pm

From what I’ve seen we’re crying out for Atkinson in midfield. Holness and Bascome aren’t the answer in there and Wheatley will take some time to find his feet I suspect. Watson at LB and Liddle at RB for me athiiygh Alun had that option last night but went for 3 at the back so maybe that’s his preferred option

At least the squad is quite flexible

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Breedon wrote:You couldn't write it could you. Absolutely devastating news for Luke and the team!

Disagree with regards Liddle. If he’s the best option to move there, I don’t think we have the luxury of keeping him at LB, particularly if we have Watson who can slot in there.

My guess is AA will look to put Atkinson in there when fully fit, as we have options in midfield in Holness, Wheatley and Bascome.
If he can play right back just as comfortably then sure. I just wouldn't do it if he is considerably more comfortable on the left than the right, then we're hurting ourselves on both sides rather than just filling the gap on the one side. Just so long as we aren't entertaining the notion that Galbraith can still play full back. Seems like we have a few options anyway. Just gutting to lose Trotman so early isn't it.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:41 pm

FFS An achilles rupture is a long recovery, can be up to 12 months depending. I did mine in March, I still can't run, best of luck to him

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:50 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:30 am
b-llocks....:(
I'm sure the Achilles tendon isn't there,

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:58 pm

How did this injury happen?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm

divas wrote:From what I’ve seen we’re crying out for Atkinson in midfield. Holness and Bascome aren’t the answer in there and Wheatley will take some time to find his feet I suspect. Watson at LB and Liddle at RB for me athiiygh Alun had that option last night but went for 3 at the back so maybe that’s his preferred option

At least the squad is quite flexible
Couldn’t agree more.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:25 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:58 pm
Near the end of the game, close to the dugouts, Trots was stretching to keep the ball in play to maintain possession & the pressure on them. He did this but was clattered from behind as he turned (as had happened multiple times during the game and Gateshead unpenalised). Trots rolled off the pitch so as not to hold up the game as Darlo continued to attack. Physio was there straightaway. Terrible for Trotman as his career looked about to take off as well as a massive blow to AA and the club to lose a star player.
Speedy recovery, Luke :clap:

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:22 am

Trots is a huge loss, with us having spent the budget how are we going to replace him. Perhaps open BTB Until end of August, I’d be happy to chip in.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:37 am

We use the squad that has been assembled. There's options within the squad (Watson, Atkinson and Holliday) who can come in.

If it's not working out then there's the loan market.

All of the above before we think about raising extra funds. Who knows - a couple of cup wins may give us some extra budget to play with.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:19 am

Terrible news for Luke and the club, hope he makes a full recovery.

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 am

jjljks wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:25 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Near the end of the game, close to the dugouts, Trots was stretching to keep the ball in play to maintain possession & the pressure on them. He did this but was clattered from behind as he turned (as had happened multiple times during the game and Gateshead unpenalised). Trots rolled off the pitch so as not to hold up the game as Darlo continued to attack. Physio was there straightaway. Terrible for Trotman as his career looked about to take off as well as a massive blow to AA and the club to lose a star player.
Incorrect.

Keeper kicked out a free kick, Trotman went up for a header with Winger near the dugout and when he landed on his feet he pushed off to start running. At this point his Achilles went.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:37 am
We use the squad that has been assembled. There's options within the squad (Watson, Atkinson and Holliday) who can come in.

If it's not working out then there's the loan market.

All of the above before we think about raising extra funds. Who knows - a couple of cup wins may give us some extra budget to play with.
This. We can't reintroduce BTB every time we get an injury.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:51 pm

jjljks wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
What a load of BIG hairy onesImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk