Jamie Holmes out for six months

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo2807
Team Supported: Darlington

Jamie Holmes out for six months

Post by Darlo2807 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 am

Suffered a cruciate ligament injury as per the official twitter page. How unlucky are we?

H1987

Re: Jamie Holmes out for six months

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 am

Unbelievable. First thoughts are with the player, obviously. But this is rotten luck. It’s difficult for clubs like us to carry financial burdens when these injuries happen. I wonder if we have a form of insurance for such scenarios?

An opportunity for Donowa, for sure.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:15 am

Darlo must be one unlucky team with another first teamer getting the same injury. Hope he recovers well .
Good luck to both luke and Jamie.need other players to step up now. Or it's the loan market.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:42 am

Another big blow for us, just how unlucky can you get.Thank god AA recruited very well and brought in Donawa who probably will cement his place in the side now.Losing 2 players already will stretch us without doubt but AA is a very astute manager and will have a plan B hopefully.Interesting that Martin will be returning from Iceland and will be training with us.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 am

Real shame for him - hopefully his recovery goes well

Also a bit problematic for us - having 2 players out injured for a long time is not ideal when we are completely spent up (plus Burn not playing either). On the flip side, we do have reasonable depth out wide with Thompson, Rivers, Donawa and Bell.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 am

al_quaker wrote:Real shame for him - hopefully his recovery goes well

Also a bit problematic for us - having 2 players out injured for a long time is not ideal when we are completely spent up (plus Burn not playing either). On the flip side, we do have reasonable depth out wide with Thompson, Rivers, Donawa and Bell.
Forgot about Lucas Bell so pretty well covered on the wings.Hopefully Atkinson should be just about ready to come in now, so he will give AA options.Pretty sure the possibility of bringing in a RB was mentioned in a recent interview.Tough start to the season so let's get behind the team and get the 3 points against Southport which won't be easy but we still have a lot of quality with these lads.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Kalu

Post by Kalu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:23 am

Massive blow, best of luck for his recovery.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

All these injuries and we're about to face a Southport side who are renowned for their physicality here's hoping we don't suffer any midfield collisions like in our last encounter which has probably cost young Sam muggleton his career although I acknowledge that was accidental.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Mister e wrote:All these injuries and we're about to face a Southport side who are renowned for their physicality here's hoping we don't suffer any midfield collisions like in our last encounter which has probably cost young Sam muggleton his career although I acknowledge that was accidental.
And haven't conceded a goal yet this season

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk