TheFACup

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TKOA
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TheFACup

Post by TKOA » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 pm

I quite fancy Buxton away. I wasn’t able to go last time we played there.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:48 pm

I don't fancy Buxton away a certain Liam hardy could end up being a thorn in our side. Wouldn't mind the winner of the belper town/witton Albion replay new opposition again.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 pm

TKOA wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 pm
I quite fancy Buxton away. I wasn’t able to go last time we played there.
Plastic surface now since our last visit.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:43 pm

I wouldn't mind going back to Leek to get revenge for them knocking us out of the FA Trophy, even though it was over 20 years ago. It only seems like yesterday.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:30 pm

It's got to be a home draw against lower league opposition which will give us the best opportunity to progress into the next round for me.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Ashton United at home would do me

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:05 pm

Easiest possible draw at home please. Chance to bank another chunk of money for the club and a change to get closer to that illusive first round and a big pay day away at a bigger club.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:43 pm
I wouldn't mind going back to Leek to get revenge for them knocking us out of the FA Trophy, even though it was over 20 years ago. It only seems like yesterday.
Nearly 30 years Pete

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:15 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:51 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Nearly 30 years Pete
17 March 1990.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:19 pm

biccynana wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:15 pm
loan_star wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:51 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Nearly 30 years Pete
17 March 1990.
Well that is definitely over 20 years ago. :lol:

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:38 pm

So who’s left in from leagues below us? Anyone

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:05 pm

The answer is only about a dozen posts ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:59 am

Soooooo exciting to be in the third round draw - that hasn't happened for years and years and years :lol:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:38 am

Absolutely gutted, as had booked Wembley trip through Thomas Cook

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 am

darlo2001uk wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:59 am
Soooooo exciting to be in the third round draw - that hasn't happened for years and years and years :lol:
If I'm correct, I think this actually is the first time we've ever been in the third qualifying round draw.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 am

Yarblockos wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 am
darlo2001uk wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:59 am
If I'm correct, I think this actually is the first time we've ever been in the third qualifying round draw.
Yes I was thinking the same thing - history in making :lol:

Hope we get the lowest ranked side left in the tournament at home. That'd do me.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:55 am

tdk1 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:08 pm
Fancy the fa might be more interested in events at our friends on the coast today...
I see that Loughlin has referred to the bigots as "the great unwashed" of Hartlepool :shock:

However I think his attempt to shift some of the blame for the dreadful scenes that unfolded onto the referee's performance is appalling and way out of order. He wrote that the Dover scorer "ran to the corner of the Town End and Cyril Knowles Stand to celebrate and was joined by his team-mates. They were allowed by referee Johnson to linger and gloat for too long. Longer than necessary. If the referee had dragged them away to restart the game, as most officials do these days, then there would not have been an issue."

Sorry but whether a player cupped his ear to goad fans or celebrated too long in front of them is completely irrelevant. There's no excuse for outright racist abuse like this and it shouldn't be linked to how the ref managed the game. This was just vile behaviour from "fans" with ingrained racism (they even abused their own black players) and it looks like the club will pay a heavy price.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 am

That is really not an adequate defence.

Much as I love to see hartlepool in turmoil, I'd rather that it wasn't for this. I find little to celebrate in events like these turning up at football, and sadly it's probably indicative of a far wider problem in society than hartlepool having some knuckle dragging fans.

I expect they'll be fined for this, they may lose some good players because of it, I doubt there'll be a points deduction, but there probably should be.

Loughlin very rarely covers himself in glory in my book, but suggesting this is somehow the referee's fault is actually pretty appalling, and something pools' fans on their forum have in the main been critical of when it's been put forward by supporters.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:36 am

As I have pointed out on the bunker, their own players did some goading of the away fans when they scored at the Rink End in their televised game the other week and one of the black players was cupping his ear to them too. Did Loughlin complain about that? Probably not.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:46 am

Not sure if I agree to a points deduction or even a fine for the club. Hartlepool have a few BAME players, and a chairman of course. As Hignett says, quite rightly, they're an inclusive club and a few poorly behaved fans are obviously spoiling it for everyone. CCTV, stewards and other fans need to spot who it is and the individuals banned. Fining the club is not going to stop the sort of people who do this from attending, as they just don't care. If we had double the amount of CCTV at footy grounds it wouldn't bother me, as if you behave well at a football match then you have nothing to fear. If, instead of fining clubs, more money was made available for crowd surveillance, I believe this is the right way round.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Leamington or Chasetown away

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:02 pm

I can't believe the use of the word "but" on the bunker to be honest. It is obvious that many are trying to deliberately combine the issue at hand with contentious refereeing decisions - even though every single one of those decisions came post the incident itself.

It actually seems to completely blind judgement as well. They have said the referee should have done more to stop the player celebrating as they thought it was a caution to incite the crowd. If you look at the match record the striker who was abused was cautioned for his trouble. I am not sure what they are suggesting that referees should be physically preventing players from celebrating goals in future!?

For me there are actually two sides to this stuff mind. The first is that these views are held by people - but you can only hope that education wins through on this side. The second is that irrespective of the views held by people that a football game is somehow seen as a place where you can say and do things that you wouldn't say or do anywhere else and football spectators think they are somehow untouchable and somehow passion is an excuse. I just don't understand how you can get that angry about football.

I heard a darlo fan on Saturday giving the assistant referee abuse because of the amount of time that was being added on at the end of the game...if you are a grown man getting that irate about some additional time you really need to rethink a lot of things.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:43 am

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:02 pm
I can't believe the use of the word "but" on the bunker to be honest. It is obvious that many are trying to deliberately combine the issue at hand with contentious refereeing decisions - even though every single one of those decisions came post the incident itself.

It actually seems to completely blind judgement as well. They have said the referee should have done more to stop the player celebrating as they thought it was a caution to incite the crowd. If you look at the match record the striker who was abused was cautioned for his trouble. I am not sure what they are suggesting that referees should be physically preventing players from celebrating goals in future!?

For me there are actually two sides to this stuff mind. The first is that these views are held by people - but you can only hope that education wins through on this side. The second is that irrespective of the views held by people that a football game is somehow seen as a place where you can say and do things that you wouldn't say or do anywhere else and football spectators think they are somehow untouchable and somehow passion is an excuse. I just don't understand how you can get that angry about football.

I heard a darlo fan on Saturday giving the assistant referee abuse because of the amount of time that was being added on at the end of the game...if you are a grown man getting that irate about some additional time you really need to rethink a lot of things.
There's plenty in the tin shed that get irate about players. Some of the shed decided to have a go at the BPA keeper the other week, which I never get, only means they try extra hard to me and gives them more incentive. When the full time whistle went, he rightly celebrated (and didn't go over the top) and some of the fans went to the edge of the pitch like they were about to jump it and start on him. It was pathetic. The shed should keep their songs to supporting the team rather than trying to have a go at individuals, who when they give it back, take proper offence

Darlo My Darlo

Post by Darlo My Darlo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:47 pm

When is the Leamington/Chasetown match? Now? FT? Tomorrow? Later?

Never mind. I see it now. Chasetown 1 - 2 Leamington.

Leam with 2 second half goals,

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Darlo My Darlo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:47 pm
When is the Leamington/Chasetown match? Now? FT? Tomorrow? Later?

Never mind. I see it now. Chasetown 1 - 2 Leamington.

Leam with 2 second half goals,
Are you for real ?