FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

LoidLucan
Posts: 2989
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Whitby showed tonight that anything can happen in the cup. They made the long journey to Evesham for the replay with Gloucester and had about 7 players injured or unavailable due to the short notice. They only had 4 subs, one of them their injured assistant manager and 2 of them goalkeepers as they didn't have any more outfield players available. Late on one of the keepers came on to play up front. Gloucester 1 Whitby 3.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:46 pm

biccynana wrote:
Mister e wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:16 pm
I think potters bar town Vs barnet is nailed on to be the BBC pick for live broadcast.
Because.....?
Local derby (they’re only a couple of miles apart). Step 3 team at home to a Step 1 team so potential for a giant-killing. Barnet are also ex-EFL too.

I agree with Mister E, it’ll be high up there as a contender for sure. Struggling to see many better than that to be honest.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Even though at home, I would say Notts County v's Belper Town is one of the stand out games for TV.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Even though at home, I would say Notts County v's Belper Town is one of the stand out games for TV.
Fair point actually, that’s a decent one. Low ranked side away to a Step 1 side with a big history. Either of those two would be justified.

My personal preference would be Potters Bar v Barnet for the derby factor, but Notts County v Belper is a perfectly justifiable choice.


If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

tdk1
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by tdk1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:21 pm

The games they've shown so far have all, I think, been from the northern side of the draw, so it's not impossible that they go for a Southern one this time.

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by biccynana » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:46 pm
biccynana wrote:
Mister e wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:16 pm
I think potters bar town Vs barnet is nailed on to be the BBC pick for live broadcast.
Because.....?
Local derby (they’re only a couple of miles apart). Step 3 team at home to a Step 1 team so potential for a giant-killing. Barnet are also ex-EFL too.
Carshalton v Dag & Red and Haringey v Yeovil meet two out of those three criteria too, but maybe the local derby factor will swing it for PB v Barnet.

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by biccynana » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Even though at home, I would say Notts County v's Belper Town is one of the stand out games for TV.
Fair point actually, that’s a decent one. Low ranked side away to a Step 1 side with a big history.
And local derby-ish too

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by biccynana » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:33 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 pm
Whitby showed tonight that anything can happen in the cup. They made the long journey to Evesham for the replay with Gloucester and had about 7 players injured or unavailable due to the short notice. They only had 4 subs, one of them their injured assistant manager and 2 of them goalkeepers as they didn't have any more outfield players available. Late on one of the keepers came on to play up front. Gloucester 1 Whitby 3.
They'll have a good chance in the next round too. At home to Stourbridge, a team at the same level as them.

lo36789
Posts: 8178
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by lo36789 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 am

I think Potters Bar v Barnet...

Underdog at home swings it over Notts County game plus I am sure that I’ve read the BBC getting some stick over northern bias in choice of games in the earlier rounds.

Come on Tamworth tonight...

spen666
Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by spen666 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:26 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 am
I think Potters Bar v Barnet...

Underdog at home swings it over Notts County game plus I am sure that I’ve read the BBC getting some stick over northern bias in choice of games in the earlier rounds.

Come on Tamworth tonight...
John Motson before making the draw named 4 teams he was looking for....Hereford, Kings Langley, Barnet & Potters Bar.

The last 3 being local to him. Given 2 of them drew each other, it's easy to see why that tie may be selected.

The ground at Potters Bar is not the most developed and would play into the image of little club progressing and hosting its "big" neighbours.

I am sure the BBC will announce its selection soon

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by biccynana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:18 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 am
I am sure that I’ve read the BBC getting some stick over northern bias in choice of games in the earlier rounds.
Well, people like to have something to complain about. There have been three northern/midlands ties shown and two southern ties - as there have been five rounds so far there was always going to be an inbalance one way or the other.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:35 am

biccynana wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 am
I am sure that I’ve read the BBC getting some stick over northern bias in choice of games in the earlier rounds.
Well, people like to have something to complain about. There have been three northern/midlands ties shown and two southern ties - as there have been five rounds so far there was always going to be an inbalance one way or the other.
Or you could classify the northern / midlands as southern / midlands and we could have a moan up here. Non story really.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987
Posts: 1274
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by H1987 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 am

It won't be us on TV anyway. It's a bad draw sadly. No glamour for sure, and i really don't fancy our chances for whatever reason. That said, i thought we'd contrive to lose to Leamington. So hopefully i'm wrong. It's a long trip as well.

Wiseacre
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:03 am

There are reasons why Quakers can win this or at least get a re-play; playing well with confidence, excellent team spirit and on Saturdays showing a very good goalie. I'm assuming Hereford will get through but Tamworth kept them out once and the magic of the cup shone on good old Whitby who should make the first round now. Things can only get better.

banktopp
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by banktopp » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:50 pm

H1987 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 am
It won't be us on TV anyway. It's a bad draw sadly. No glamour for sure, and i really don't fancy our chances for whatever reason. That said, i thought we'd contrive to lose to Leamington. So hopefully i'm wrong. It's a long trip as well.
It's being so cheerful as keeps you going. :D

Mister e
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Mister e » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Are people forgetting we have form of winning important knockout matches at Edgar street i.e our fantastic 2 1 triumph in the play off semi final in 1996 on the way to our first ever appearance at Wembley. Keep the faith.

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by biccynana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Mister e wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 pm
Are people forgetting we have form of winning important knockout matches at Edgar street i.e our fantastic 2 1 triumph in the play off semi final in 1996 on the way to our first ever appearance at Wembley. Keep the faith.
Yep, the fact that we won a game there 23 years ago ought to be enough to see us over the line :roll:

Mister e
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Mister e » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Fair enough it was a long time ago but horses for courses we should have had them in the league last season if we hadn't squandered a 2 0 halftime lead through a lack of fitness. We also have a good track record against Russell Slade often beating his Grimsby town sides. I'm probably in the minority here admittedly but I fear Tamworth more than Hereford has we've often struggled at the lamb ground.

Wiseacre
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:02 pm

I know we're getting our disappointment in first here but if it's Hereford we can be the underdogs and if it's Tamworth we can play them off the park. Also we've remembered how to win away so ... away the lads.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2989
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:18 pm

I watched the 'highlights' of the 0-0 draw between Tamworth and Hereford and if anyone else is tempted, don't do it. The game was terrible with barely a single clear-cut chance and Hereford hurling long-throws into the box at any and every opportunity. Simply awful.

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12929
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by divas » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Plenty of practice against that sort of attack having recently played Alfreton and to a slightly lesser extent Leamington.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Mr E 23 years ago maybe but still up there as one of my top away days! Brilliant atmosphere, non stop singing and a great win!!

Darlopartisan
Posts: 729
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Well they have started, let’s see how it goes 👍

User avatar
grytters
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Sheffield

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by grytters » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Hereford Twitter feed seems to think they're on top

Tamworth feed mentions two good saves
A hyena dancing on the grave of a lion.

joejaques
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by joejaques » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:34 pm

0-0 at HT :roll:
Image

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by biccynana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm

joejaques wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:34 pm
0-0 at HT :roll:
No Styche for Hereford I see. Suspended?

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12929
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by divas » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:24 pm

biccynana wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm
joejaques wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:34 pm
0-0 at HT :roll:
No Styche for Hereford I see. Suspended?
More likely international duty

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Tamworth shot clipped the bar from 12 yards with just the keeper to beat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joejaques
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by joejaques » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:40 pm

0-0 FT Extra time to come :roll:
Image

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by biccynana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:08 pm

divas wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:24 pm
biccynana wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm
joejaques wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:34 pm
0-0 at HT :roll:
No Styche for Hereford I see. Suspended?
More likely international duty
Oh yeah, of course. I see Gib have a friendly v Kosovo on Thursday (I bet Hereford were thrilled at losing him for that). Their next Euro qualifier isn't til next Tues.

Post Reply