FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Away to Tamworth or Hereford

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Penalty shoot out

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Hereford missed first two pens :roll:

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Make that first three :roll:

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Tamworth go through :roll:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 pm

That result means a pretty big following of Darlo fans which will create a cracking atmosphere and could outnumber the home fans easily.
Gives us a great chance to make the first round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Has I said in an earlier post have you seen our track record at Tamworth I'm sure even Martin grays champions bit the dust there. Lots of hard work still to be done let's not get ahead of ourselves.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Mister e wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:01 pm
Has I said in an earlier post have you seen our track record at Tamworth
Irrelevant. If we lose I guarantee it will have had absolutely nothing to do with the results of previous matches against Tamworth.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:21 pm

One of the few clubs who I remember singing ‘You let your club die’ to us! Nice bunch 😐

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:17 am

I've never seen us play well at Tamworth, but I'll be travelling along with many others, at least it's nowhere near as far as Hereford.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:36 am

TKOA wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:21 pm
One of the few clubs who I remember singing ‘You let your club die’ to us! Nice bunch 😐
Only 87 of them bothered traveling to Hereford last night

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:54 am

Perhaps worth noting aswell that Tamworth have to play Biggleswade on Saturday 12th and Rushden & Diamonds on Tuesday 15th. Before the FA cup game on 19th October. We, on the other hand, have the benefit of a week of training after our game against Boston on the 12th. Plenty of time for Alun to get the lads fresh and prepared to go to the Lamb Ground.

Really exciting opportunity for us to get through to the first round. Not taking Tamworth lightly but we've not been this close before in years. The prize money has been good regardless (£24k) without any FA Trophy games or any potential share of gate revenue. But winning this next one would realistically double that. Huge game for the club.

grytters

Post by grytters » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:53 am

As of now (7:50 Wed) BBC have us away to Hereford...
Bring Back the Quarters

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 am

grytters wrote:As of now (7:50 Wed) BBC have us away to Hereford...
Clueless. FACupfactfile on Twitter got them to chance their cup roundup article for the draw as it was so full of inaccuracies.

I wonder if they’ve updated the NLN table to show only two relegation places yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:53 am

The aftermath of the game has really exposed what an angry atmosphere there is at Hereford despite them being in the play-off positions. They seem to back the manager Slade but want most of the players out, including Styche, who seems to be hated by most of them. And he didn't even play in the cup defeat.

A fairly typical comment is this one: "Confirmation of what deep down we all know tonight. Way too many of this squad are not good enough. We struggle against absolutely everybody. The only surprise is that we are so high in our league....for now at least. I would be amazed if we sustain a play off push without a significant number of new signings". They are calling out individual players who should be binned off. The league table clearly doesn't tell the story of the atmosphere within the club, which really pushed the boat out with its signings this year.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:19 am

Styche is on international duty.. And as for the fans reaction it's only the same as us last season so why are u bothered it doesn't affect us really we are playing Tamworth not Hereford

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:53 am
The aftermath of the game has really exposed what an angry atmosphere there is at Hereford despite them being in the play-off positions. They seem to back the manager Slade but want most of the players out, including Styche, who seems to be hated by most of them. And he didn't even play in the cup defeat.

A fairly typical comment is this one: "Confirmation of what deep down we all know tonight. Way too many of this squad are not good enough. We struggle against absolutely everybody. The only surprise is that we are so high in our league....for now at least. I would be amazed if we sustain a play off push without a significant number of new signings". They are calling out individual players who should be binned off. The league table clearly doesn't tell the story of the atmosphere within the club, which really pushed the boat out with its signings this year.
interesting. why the ire against Styche? not scoring the expected amount of goals?

goes to show that money isn't everything when trying to achieve promotion.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:31 am

Actually Harry, I for one am glad LoidLucan posted that as I found it interesting.
Just shows that Armstrong's method of choosing a player, where both skill AND attitude count, is a strong one.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:32 am

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am
LoidLucan wrote:

interesting. why the ire against Styche? not scoring the expected amount of goals?

Indeed. As soon as we, who were happy to finish 23 out of 24th every season, got wind of a bit of cash from Reynolds, most of our fanbase expects (or expected) us to win every game and to slag every player off. Sounds like with their big budget, they expect the same

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:35 am

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am
LoidLucan wrote:

The fans in general have taken exception to Styche's constant moaning to officials, and yes he doesn't score enough.
Quote,
" In the games I've seen him play, his game plan seems to be, run 3 yards forwards,clatter into the nearest opposition player ,looking for a foul, then spend the next 5 minutes moaning at the ref while the game is still going on around him".

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:42 am

The situation at Hereford will also be of direct relevance to us on November 2 when we host them. It was a surprise to me to find that far from a united assault on promotion with a growing feelgood factor and big new signings, all doesn't seem well among the fans, who want lots of the players out.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:19 am
Styche is on international duty.
I took Loid's "he didn't even play in the cup defeat" comment to mean "he didn't even play in the cup defeat and yet he still gets stick" rather than "he didn't even play in the cup defeat because he's out of favour/disliked etc".

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Tamworth lost today against Biggleswade 2-1 and play AFC Rushden & Diamonds on Tuesday. Cup burnout?
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:43 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:Tamworth lost today against Biggleswade 2-1 and play AFC Rushden & Diamonds on Tuesday. Cup burnout?
Yes we have won it now ... GET IN

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Potters Bar v Barnet it is then on the BBC, with York v Stockport on BT Sport.

The glamour of Tamworth v Darlo was obviously too much for either of them to handle 8-)

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Vokuhila wrote:Potters Bar v Barnet it is then on the BBC, with York v Stockport on BT Sport.

The glamour of Tamworth v Darlo was obviously too much for either of them to handle 8-)
A local derby and two ex league teams with a decent fan base so cant fault there decision

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:Potters Bar v Barnet it is then on the BBC, with York v Stockport on BT Sport.

A local derby and two ex league teams with a decent fan base so cant fault there decision

Nope, the only thing at fault is your spelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm

If we win on Saturday, we could get through to the second round without playing a game.

The last team out in 1st round draw is given a bye through. This covers Bury not being allowed to take part this year.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm
If we win on Saturday, we could get through to the second round without playing a game.

The last team out in 1st round draw is given a bye through. This covers Bury not being allowed to take part this year.
Think we used up our FA cup luck for the Lucky losers replacing Man Utd year 😂
Think before posting

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm

And, £36000.

THIRTY SIX THOUSAND POUNDS :thumbup: :thumbup: Guaranteed, without a ball being kicked.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:34 pm

It would be nice to think that all that ill luck, in never doing well in the cup for so long, could be paid back all in this one season, with us getting through on Saturday, and getting the bye in the first round proper. That special position plus a good draw in the second round might also be enough to raise our profile enough to get us on TV, so that all those failed pay days of previous years would come back to us in spades in one highly lucrative season. I suppose that my brain is getting addled by some cup success into believing that anything is possible, but it is rather nice to dream that this just might come true.