Ainge

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Ainge

Post by bga » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Interesting article where AA says we are contributing "a bit towards his wage" at Boston. Looks like AA and the Board did a good job in saving us some money before his contract expires. I guess the difference between Ainge and Burn is that one wants to play regularly, and the other appears not to want to. Be an interesting battle between Tyrone and Ainge if he plays on Saturday. Hope Ainge plays as well as he did in his last game for us!

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport ... arlington/

PierremontQuaker03

Re: Ainge

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 pm

bga wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 pm
Interesting article where AA says we are contributing "a bit towards his wage" at Boston. Looks like AA and the Board did a good job in saving us some money before his contract expires. I guess the difference between Ainge and Burn is that one wants to play regularly, and the other appears not to want to. Be an interesting battle between Tyrone and Ainge if he plays on Saturday. Hope Ainge plays as well as he did in his last game for us!

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport ... arlington/
Yes despite his faults/limitations - as a striker (not a defender) - Ainge moved on to play football and football fans will respect him for that.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:27 pm

How did he play today?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:45 pm

He was OK when it came to heading clear with distance but O'Neill tortured him and the other central defenders. Ainge in general looked a fairly limited central defender who's a bit overly chunky and with no pace. Not missed really, we have better.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:55 pm

LoidLucan wrote:He was OK when it came to heading clear with distance but O'Neill tortured him and the other central defenders. Ainge in general looked a fairly limited central defender who's a bit overly chunky and with no pace. Not missed really, we have better.
He was a bit of a menace in our box though. Got on the end of a couple of corners which caused panic in our defence.

He looks to have put a few pounds on since he left us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:56 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:45 pm
He was OK when it came to heading clear with distance but O'Neill tortured him and the other central defenders. Ainge in general looked a fairly limited central defender who's a bit overly chunky and with no pace. Not missed really, we have better.
Thanks LL ( and Q85)

Sounds like he had a purple patch prior to joining us but had peaked.

Fair play for him moving on and wanting to play football

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:14 pm

He'll never again play as a striker, those days are long gone now. He's good enough at defending high balls with his head and belting it clear. And yes he was a nuisance at set-pieces because of his ability in the air. Personally I would rather have Galbraith, Storey and Laing.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 pm

He would not have got into the Darlo team, far too slow, always turned inside out by our forwards & put his one clear header chance 2 foot over the bar. Amazed he lasted the full 90mns & got yellow carded.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:He was OK when it came to heading clear with distance but O'Neill tortured him and the other central defenders. Ainge in general looked a fairly limited central defender who's a bit overly chunky and with no pace. Not missed really, we have better.
He was a bit of a menace in our box though. Got on the end of a couple of corners which caused panic in our defence.

He looks to have put a few pounds on since he left us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put on a few pounds since he left us , What a crock of shite , god people on here make me laugh any chance people get to put people downImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Ainge isn't to blame for the contract he was given last year. At least he has had the decency to move on and play football elsewhere unlike another person who refused to go elsewhere even though they were matching his wages.
He played ok today, nothing flash. I don't see the need to slag him off.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 pm

Someone asked how he played and people answered as they saw it. I don't see much in the way of abuse. Ainge never looked very happy while with us and clearly wanted to move on and effectively got a permanent transfer elsewhere. I think we now have better players for the way we play. So all parties are happy.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm

It must've been hard to come back from the serious injury he had and realise he wasn't the same player anymore. Incidentally, I didn't think he looked any different weight-wise to last season, not that it matters anyway.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Vokuhila wrote:It must've been hard to come back from the serious injury he had and realise he wasn't the same player anymore. Incidentally, I didn't think he looked any different weight-wise to last season, not that it matters anyway.
Thank you, at least someone is realistic... It really annoys me when people slag these players off ex players or present

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk