Flares /pyrotechnics

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Flares /pyrotechnics

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:18 pm
There’s rumours that the fine could be in the region of £25k..
I don't believe this. The club couldn't have done much more I.M.O.

Did Hartlepool get any kind of fine or sanction re the racist behaviour of a a tiny tiny amount of people who were to blame for the unpleasant incident at Victoria Park a few weeks back? A more serious issue in my opinion, but in any case what could HUFC done about this beforehand, and who's to say the people responsible were regular fans?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:56 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:

Did Hartlepool get any kind of fine or sanction re the racist behaviour of a a tiny tiny amount of people who were to blame for the unpleasant incident at Victoria Park a few weeks back? A more serious issue in my opinion, but in any case what could HUFC done about this beforehand, and who's to say the people responsible were regular fans?
This is the FA we are talking about, they are capable of pretty anything, as we well know.

If there is to be a fine or whatever, I hope it is not enough to gobble up the Prize Money we have earned.

Is there much anybody can do to stop it, short of searches and pat downs for everyone entering the ground

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited by FozzQuaker on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 am

FozzQuaker wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:56 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:

I hope it is not enough to gobble up the Prize Monet we have earned.
If we've got one of those we'll definitely be able to afford a new ground :lol:

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:57 am

biccynana wrote:
FozzQuaker wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:56 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:

I hope it is not enough to gobble up the Prize Monet we have earned.
If we've got one of those we'll definitely be able to afford a new ground Image
Oops

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 am

biccynana wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:29 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm
biccynana wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 pm
dfc4me wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:14 pm
What we need now is a plan to stop this happening again. Requests on website or social media didn’t work. Tannoy announcements didn’t work. Bag searches at turnstiles didn’t work. These are yobs who see football as an excuse to behave like idiots and only turn up for matches that have crowds large enough to hide in, stand as far back as they can so security can’t reach them and because there is a group of them the average fan won’t do anything for fear of getting their head kicked in.

I don’t know what the solution is. Searching likely suspects would be difficult. Maybe station security at the back of the tin shed as well as the front as it is easier to spot a flare from behind and above the thrower.
You can add the extra stewards didn't work to that long list of things that didn't work!!!!
Jesus, Pete, we get it. You're annoyed about the stewards.
Maybe he, like me, is pissed off that, yet again, a group of morons who don't give a toss about the club think it is ok for the club to be fined for their behaviour because they will "do what I want" !!!!
What it the point of people working their arses of creating events such as Les does to help earn money for the club when a bloody big lump of it is wasted because single brain cell morons think they have the right to do whatever they want?
Don't have a go at Pete for having the balls to say they are in the wrong. Have a go at the morons causing the trouble in the first place.
Which bit of "Jesus, Pete, we get it. You're annoyed about the stewards" is me 'having a go' (if you must :roll: ) at Pete for saying the flare throwers were in the wrong?
If you reread what you said it comes over as you are saying you are sick of hearing pete complain about it and are in effect telling him to shut up.
My personal take is that we should all be up in arms and trying to help rid the club of the morons once and for all.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 am
My personal take is that we should all be up in arms and trying to help rid the club of the morons once and for all.
How is this possible though? They only turn up for the big games, and there's not many of those. Also the flares themselves will be easily concealed.

A heavy police presence and big punishments would probably help.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
How is this possible though? They only turn up for the big games, and there's not many of those. Also the flares themselves will be easily concealed.

A heavy police presence and big punishments would probably help.

Whilst I agree with your solutions, the heavy police presence would be very costly. Football Clubs have to pay for police officers deployed inside a ground. The costs are significant as clubs are often charged per officer in 4 hours blocks. This is why clubs use their own stewards who are much cheaper to employ.

The downside is stewards don't have any more powers than any member of the public to deal with miscreants.

The best thing "genuine" fans can do is to identify troublemakers to stewards as soon as they can and ( easier said than done) make it clear to miscreants (without causing more trouble) that their behavior is not accepted.

Its a difficult situation to deal with and sadly the clubs and genuine fans suffer because of the behavior of these few individuals, not just in terms of fines/ costs, but it also means increased stewarding needed at games ( extra costs) and more restrictive treatment of fans at away games- eg more segregation etc.

It is no comfort, but its not a problem unique to Darlington. any game/ club with a decent attendance faces this problem unfortunately

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:30 am

Place 2 or 3 stewards at the tin she'd end with 6 buckets of water and the second one of these lowlifes throw a flare just put it out.Simple really or am I missing something

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:37 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 am

It is no comfort, but its not a problem unique to Darlington. any game/ club with a decent attendance faces this problem unfortunately
This is true. We have a minority of idiots. Any team with a reasonable fanbase will have a minority of idiots who come out for the big games. Clubs with far greater resources than our own haven't figured out a way to stop such incidents occuring, so I'm not sure what chance we have to be honest.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:42 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:30 am
Place 2 or 3 stewards at the tin she'd end with 6 buckets of water and the second one of these lowlifes throw a flare just put it out.Simple really or am I missing something

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing on Wednesday - there's no need for the flares to burn on and on. Also a couple designated stewards or one policeman right in the area where all the trouble is coming from.

And Spen, I agree with your points too.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:02 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:29 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm
biccynana wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 pm

You can add the extra stewards didn't work to that long list of things that didn't work!!!!
Jesus, Pete, we get it. You're annoyed about the stewards.
Maybe he, like me, is pissed off that, yet again, a group of morons who don't give a toss about the club think it is ok for the club to be fined for their behaviour because they will "do what I want" !!!!
What it the point of people working their arses of creating events such as Les does to help earn money for the club when a bloody big lump of it is wasted because single brain cell morons think they have the right to do whatever they want?
Don't have a go at Pete for having the balls to say they are in the wrong. Have a go at the morons causing the trouble in the first place.
Which bit of "Jesus, Pete, we get it. You're annoyed about the stewards" is me 'having a go' (if you must :roll: ) at Pete for saying the flare throwers were in the wrong?
If you reread what you said it comes over as you are saying you are sick of hearing pete complain about it and are in effect telling him to shut up.
Going on about stewards, yes, not about morons throwing flares. Couldn't be clearer really.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:45 pm

When people are having a stab at whether the club will be fined and the size of any fine it does need to be kept in mind that the club has taken reasonable and proper steps in this. There was an explicit warning to fans, extra security was brought in and the club has taken steps to ID those responsible so they can be dealt with. It could hardly be said that the club has been irresponsible or negligent on this. It has probably been as proactive as it is possible to be, short of strip searching everyone coming into the ground.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 pm

I'm just glad we didn't score, imagine the carnage in front of the cameras. Obviously the flares were brought in to be used if & when we scored.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:07 pm

I think we will probably escape without. I think fines only tend to be issued if there's a major incident. I think flares tend to attract bigger fines as they're more dangerous, these were all smoke bombs I think.

aveda

Post by aveda » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:13 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 pm
I'm just glad we didn't score
:roll:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Some idiots took some to the Liam Gallagher concert last Monday at Sheffield arena and an innocent women got some burns to her body as a result...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:55 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:45 pm
When people are having a stab at whether the club will be fined and the size of any fine it does need to be kept in mind that the club has taken reasonable and proper steps in this. There was an explicit warning to fans, extra security was brought in and the club has taken steps to ID those responsible so they can be dealt with. It could hardly be said that the club has been irresponsible or negligent on this. It has probably been as proactive as it is possible to be, short of strip searching everyone coming into the ground.
As an add-on to this, DJ in his recent interview implied that to avoid a fine you have to show that you have taken different steps from the last time to deter people from doing this. However, I think our first letter dates from Harrogate in Oct 2016 (he said there was a previous incident, and this is the only one I remember), so he said we've had a 2nd letter after Walsall away. I doubt we'd be able to avoid a 3rd let off, however.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:40 pm

To be fair bag searches was a new step.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Banning "fans", bag searches, extra stewards - not sure what else a club at our level can do, especially as big crowds/incidents are a rarity. Maybe a couple of bobbies stood behind the more boisterous support/filming could have prevented this but hindsight's perfect, isn't it? When I go to the Arena here there's full searches and wands passed over you with a serious heavy snatch squad if people are really unruly. That would be over the top!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:57 pm

I think the club have done everything they can really, and i hope that's reflected in any FA action - probably there won't be any. They should also be aware that there are fans that don't always come along at a bumper game, that we were stretched as is, and we did everything we could reasonably be expected to do...

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Also flares were before game started and after the game finished which must count for something with the FA.
Goodness knows where they get them from, I personally have no idea where they are sold.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:45 pm

That giant Amazon monstrosity in Darlo is probably being stocked up even as we speak.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:30 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 pm
I'm just glad we didn't score
You don’t half talk some absolute shite Pete.

Good grief.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Ban issued by the club. Some of the responses on the Twitter feed............. like to say surprised but sadly not.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm

The club should name the person concerned.

Andy Park was named on the club website after his season-long ban - there is no reason why this person should not be.

lsb

Post by lsb » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:22 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Andy Park was named on the club website after his season-long ban - there is no reason why this person should not be.
The announcement says that the police are involved so presumably we don't want to prejudice anything which might come out of that.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Fair enough.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:05 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Lad was under 18, cannot be named for legal reasons.

Club should have stated that in the article.