Leamington (A)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12959
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:34 pm

The sooner Thomo breaks the all time goal scoring record the better, it's like he's playing with a millstone around his neck. Leamington goes close as Elliott saves Darlo from going 2-0 down, halftime.

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13115
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by divas » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:44 pm

More to do with him playing out of position imo. Impacting him and Campbell massively not having a number 9

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12959
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:00 pm

2-0 down.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 pm

We’ll do a Telford !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by H1987 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 pm

2-0, supposedly bounced in off the crossbar.

Slung into the box, sounds like we're getting bullied to be honest. Elliott down injured and no back up keeper.... yikes.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2090
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:04 pm

H1987 wrote:2-0, supposedly bounced in off the crossbar.

Slung into the box, sounds like we're getting bullied to be honest. Elliott down injured and no back up keeper.... yikes.
If they are bullying us Solihull will have a field day.We are far too lightweight.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12959
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 pm

H1987 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 pm
2-0, supposedly bounced in off the crossbar.

Slung into the box, sounds like we're getting bullied to be honest. Elliott down injured and no back up keeper.... yikes.

The whole team is playing badly including Hatfield. :thumbdown:

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2090
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Have we actually had a shot at goal yet?.Going by the commentary I don't think we have.20 goals in 18 games says it all.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Yarblockos
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Do we really have to wait until January to get a striker in?

Beano
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Beano » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm

We are one player, namely an out and out centre forward, from being a bloody good team for this level.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Alas budget constraints render this unlikely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCFCDarlo3
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Location: Manchester

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Beano wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm
We are one player, namely an out and out centre forward, from being a bloody good team for this level.
Sounds awful on DFR, feels like we dont believe we can win.

Agree, need to give the opposition more to worry about and a striker will bring back confidence.

Chester and York coming up, you just know Darlo will tw@t one of them.

MB86DFC
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Beano wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm
We are one player, namely an out and out centre forward, from being a bloody good team for this level.

Agreed. This season is about being patient. The next few weeks are going to be tough and I can’t see us winning again until Blyth at the end of the month. During this run just remember that we have 3 first team players out for the season, AA had a huge rebuilding job and we’ve already had the cup run we needed.

We’ve got rid of all of the dross from last year and are building a good squad. Next season a few additions and returning players will make a huge difference.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12959
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Turning into a disaster 3-0 soft goal again.

Yarblockos
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Beano wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm
We are one player, namely an out and out centre forward, from being a bloody good team for this level.

Agreed. This season is about being patient. The next few weeks are going to be tough and I can’t see us winning again until Blyth at the end of the month. During this run just remember that we have 3 first team players out for the season, AA had a huge rebuilding job and we’ve already had the cup run we needed.

We’ve got rid of all of the dross from last year and are building a good squad. Next season a few additions and returning players will make a huge difference.
How many strikers are we missing? AA has spent too much of the budget on central midfielders and left himself no room to bring in a striker.

H1987
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by H1987 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:22 pm

DFR makes it sound pretty dire tbh. It sounds like we've created nothing.

I don't accept we really need a big target man, but we definitely need someone else to be the man at the top of the front 3. It's increasingly clear that Campbell just can't do it. DFR saying he looks a bit disinterested, which was my impression recently also. Which begs the question why he's starting all the time. I refuse to believe Thommo or Donawa couldn't produce better in that position. He needs benching imo.

3-0 now. Jesus wept.

Darlo2807
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:22 pm

This is shocking. 11 conceded in 3 league games.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12959
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Darlo2807 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:22 pm
This is shocking. 11 conceded in 3 league games.
That's relegation form.

AndyPark
Posts: 11583
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:24 pm

This is absolutely awful.

Gow9900
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Gow9900 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:24 pm

2-0 now.

I don’t know how we improve things.

We don’t generate huge amounts of money that allows us to compete with a large percentage of the teams in this league. Tonight we have Trotman, Holmes, Atkinson, Connell, Liddle, Laing all unavailable but still costing the club money, and losing O’Neill has absolutely decimated us, more so than I thought it ever would. We were starting to click as a team and he was a huge part of it.

Then we get the constant ‘we need to bring in a striker’, like the club isn’t constantly grafting to, its mentioned in every programme note, on almost every interview Armstrong does. The type of player we need, a Beck, Taylor etc will cost you a minimum of £600 a week, over a 40 week part time year is £24,000 a year, then with other clubs chucking signing on fee’s of £10k+ there’s £50k, then you hope that with such a big investment he doesn’t get injured, then if the player does well then you are likely be bought by a full time team/local part time team with money being magiced out of nowhere.

I’m not angry at the club and I think we’ve got a really good manager who is working with one hand constantly tied behind his back due to our financial restraints, I just hope we can keep hold of him long enough for him to move us forward and have us as a regular top half National League North club.

Just feel like you’re constantly battling for f*ck all and that despite the monumental efforts of the last seven years and the £1.5m raised in that period we’re still going to Leamington on a Tuesday night with not enough players to fill the substitutes bench realistically hoping to Nick a point. Feels like we’re eternally jinxed. Hopefully a decent crowd on Saturday and a change of fortune. Fingers crossed.

Old Git
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Old Git » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:25 pm

Beano wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm
We are one player, namely an out and out centre forward, from being a bloody good team for this level.
I have to admire your optimism but I think you are over being a little too optimistic. I was once like you a long time ago. Sadly that young man became an old git.

H1987
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by H1987 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 pm
MB86DFC wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Beano wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm
We are one player, namely an out and out centre forward, from being a bloody good team for this level.

Agreed. This season is about being patient. The next few weeks are going to be tough and I can’t see us winning again until Blyth at the end of the month. During this run just remember that we have 3 first team players out for the season, AA had a huge rebuilding job and we’ve already had the cup run we needed.

We’ve got rid of all of the dross from last year and are building a good squad. Next season a few additions and returning players will make a huge difference.
How many strikers are we missing? AA has spent too much of the budget on central midfielders and left himself no room to bring in a striker.
There's only really Atkinson there's a big question mark over for me. That said, if Holmes was fit and we had O'Neil still we'd at least have some options.

I still think Donowa could play up top. Said it a few times lately. I don't know why we won't give it a shot when Campbell is floundering so badly.

JE93
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by JE93 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Really disappointing performance by the sound of it. Sounds like we're being bullied. 3 players away from being able to compete at the top end of this league. Completely support Armstrong and can see what he's trying to build, but god it's been frustrating since we lost O'Neill. Wouldn't mind seeing Armstrong being a bit ruthless in the transfer market see if we can move on a couple of players to invest in key areas.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2090
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm

H1987 wrote:DFR makes it sound pretty dire tbh. It sounds like we've created nothing.

I don't accept we really need a big target man, but we definitely need someone else to be the man at the top of the front 3. It's increasingly clear that Campbell just can't do it. DFR saying he looks a bit disinterested, which was my impression recently also. Which begs the question why he's starting all the time. I refuse to believe Thommo or Donawa couldn't produce better in that position. He needs benching imo.

3-0 now. Jesus wept.
Got to agree regarding Campbell, does very little other than tracking back and Donawa is a better option IMO.Looks like our defence wants looking at not just up front.Is that 11 goals conceded in our last 3 league games...Blimey this is worrying.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


MB86DFC
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 pm
MB86DFC wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Beano wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm
We are one player, namely an out and out centre forward, from being a bloody good team for this level.

Agreed. This season is about being patient. The next few weeks are going to be tough and I can’t see us winning again until Blyth at the end of the month. During this run just remember that we have 3 first team players out for the season, AA had a huge rebuilding job and we’ve already had the cup run we needed.

We’ve got rid of all of the dross from last year and are building a good squad. Next season a few additions and returning players will make a huge difference.
How many strikers are we missing? AA has spent too much of the budget on central midfielders and left himself no room to bring in a striker.
Did you see the state of the midfield last year? We were all crying out for a decent winner in midfield, we now have that in Hatfield, Holness and a fit Wheatley. No point in having highly paid strikers with no midfielders.

Yarblockos
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 pm

We don't need to find the perfect striker, but someone on loan who actually knows how to play as a striker would be a massive help. We have nobody who even knows how to play the role. Yet AA brought in Lambert.

AndyPark
Posts: 11583
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm

We need someone who’s gonna win the ball in the air. It ain’t hard.

3-0 down and there still trying to pass it in the net ffs.

lo36789
Posts: 8772
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm

We are not conceding goals well at the moment. As soon as one goes in it seems like we can't shake it.

Can't help but think we need to plan for it. We need to basically change our shape or change our approach as a default everytime we concede to just give ourselves 10/15 minutes of back to basics.

Had we done that I don't think the floodgates would have been opened at Brackley, we would have beaten Telford and we'd have stood a chance of getting a point tonight.
Last edited by lo36789 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MB86DFC
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 pm
We don't need to find the perfect striker, but someone on loan who actually knows how to play as a striker would be a massive help. We have nobody who even knows how to play the role. Yet AA brought in Lambert.
Because good big strikers cost around £900 a week. And decent loanees from our local clubs are likely to end up in league 2/conference national. We will have to take relative gambles and hope they come good, like o’neill

Yarblockos
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington (A)

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:32 pm
Yarblockos wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 pm
We don't need to find the perfect striker, but someone on loan who actually knows how to play as a striker would be a massive help. We have nobody who even knows how to play the role. Yet AA brought in Lambert.
Because good big strikers cost around £900 a week. And decent loanees from our local clubs are likely to end up in league 2/conference national. We will have to take relative gambles and hope they come good, like o’neill
Or you spent the budget on a squad overloaded with midfielders.

Post Reply