F A TROPHY DRAW

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

DARLODAH
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by DARLODAH » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm

1st Round Draw for Saturday December 14th :-
Solihull Moors (A)

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12492
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:06 pm

I presume that the next round draw will be on Monday lunchtime? A good draw would certainly help boost the crowd on Wednesday evening.

Old Git
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Old Git » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:06 pm
I presume that the next round draw will be on Monday lunchtime? A good draw would certainly help boost the crowd on Wednesday evening.
The only draw which could really do this may have been Hartlepool but as they are out not sure who you think will boost the crowd for Wednesday?

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12492
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Home game against South Shields if they win their replay or Harrogate Town would be pretty decent or an away game at one of the Yorkshire sides would be more than decent. Is the next round of the FA Trophy still regionalised?

Old Git
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Old Git » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:42 pm

You can’t be serious!

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Notts County away would be a big tie too.

Old Git
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Old Git » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Yes but the statement was that a good draw would boost the gate for the replay. Are you seriously suggesting that a potential game with Notts County will add to Wednesday night’s gate ? I expect a hard core 700-800 will be there as they were against Gainsborough.

Mister e
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Mister e » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:59 am

Just think if only a third of those supporters who turned up against Walsall were prepared to turn up for the replay we wouldn't be having this conversation - but hey let's wait I'm sure if we win on Wednesday and negotiate another couple of rounds they'll all reappear with Wembley on the horizon and expect to be first in the queue for tickets again.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4198
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 am

Mister e wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:59 am
Just think if only a third of those supporters who turned up against Walsall were prepared to turn up for the replay we wouldn't be having this conversation - but hey let's wait I'm sure if we win on Wednesday and negotiate another couple of rounds they'll all reappear with Wembley on the horizon and expect to be first in the queue for tickets again.
A tad bitter.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:55 am

If we can beat Solihull, the lowest ranked team left in the draw will be fine for me.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1737
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:37 pm

My lad and I took 8 mates to the trophy final 6 of them have only ever seen Darlington at that game. It's been one game in many years, the Walsall game, that's caused some moaning. More than a tad bitter. And we really wouldn't run out of Wembley tickets!

spen666
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:29 pm
Home game against South Shields if they win their replay or Harrogate Town would be pretty decent or an away game at one of the Yorkshire sides would be more than decent. Is the next round of the FA Trophy still regionalised?
In previous years, the competition was national from 2nd round onwards

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4198
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:33 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:37 pm
My lad and I took 8 mates to the trophy final 6 of them have only ever seen Darlington at that game. It's been one game in many years, the Walsall game, that's caused some moaning. More than a tad bitter. And we really wouldn't run out of Wembley tickets!
Er, it could be me being a bit dense - but your point is?
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Wiseacre
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Nott's County away was my hope instead of Walsall in the other cup so maybe? Take it from me they're beatable and it would be a good day out.
I.agree it's good to feel Quakers are a cup team at the moment so let's not worry about the league too much this season. I'd like us to beat York but I'd love us to go further in the Trophy.

H1987
Posts: 1455
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by H1987 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:17 pm

I’d prefer someone like Notts County at home. Or just someone who would bring a bit of a crowd.

Just to dangle as an incentive for progression on Wednesday.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1737
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:44 pm

OFC it was in response to Mister E's talk of queuing for tickets.

moz1963
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Richmond

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by moz1963 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:12 pm

It's Harrogate at home

Old Git
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Old Git » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Will be interesting to see what crowd we get on Wednesday with the incentive of a home draw with Harrogate. Call me sceptical but can’t see it being above 800 but happy to be proved wrong.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12492
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:06 pm
I presume that the next round draw will be on Monday lunchtime? A good draw would certainly help boost the crowd on Wednesday evening.
There you go, a more than decent draw that could attract a decent crowd, if we can win on Wednesday evening.

Old Git
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Old Git » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:12 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:06 pm
I presume that the next round draw will be on Monday lunchtime? A good draw would certainly help boost the crowd on Wednesday evening.
There you go, a more than decent draw that could attract a decent crowd, if we can win on Wednesday evening.

Ok Pete you said a good draw would certainly help boost the crowd on Wednesday evening. What would you call a good crowd? I have said previously said that I am doubtful that we will get above 800 what is your guess?

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12492
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 pm

I'd be happy with anything over 800, at least the weather looks like it'll be ok.

onewayup
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by onewayup » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Think it's likely this game could be off ground is rock hard ,no sun to help thaw it before tomorrow night's kick off. But you never know. Fingers crossed. :thumbup:

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Pitch covers?

LoidLucan
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Just done a pitch inspection of my back lawn and it would be game on if Solihull don't mind navigating through the 18 blackbirds feeding on it. Given their style of play Solihull would probably be more of a threat to the gulls :D

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:26 pm

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if off. Without pitch covers it looks like it's doomed given the forecast.
I assume that the Guiseley game would have to be rearranged again and we'd play Weds 8th Jan. Gary Martin could well be playing by that time, and if Guiseley is played some time after that, David Atkinson could well be back by then.

Wiseacre
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:26 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:54 pm
Just done a pitch inspection of my back lawn and it would be game on if Solihull don't mind navigating through the 18 blackbirds feeding on it. Given their style of play Solihull would probably be more of a threat to the gulls :D
Very good. I hope it can be played though as it looks as if we're hitting form again All hail Alan Armstrong.

biccynana
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by biccynana » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:26 pm
All hail Alan Armstrong.
Absolutely. His work on the total synthesis of the milbemycin and avermectin natural products was groundbreaking.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12492
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:16 pm

I hope the game is on, I'm driving back from Nottingham for this game, plus if the game is called off then we're going to get a fixture backlog even worse than it already is. Although admittedly it would help for the game at York on Saturday.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6165
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by loan_star » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:16 pm
I hope the game is on, I'm driving back from Nottingham for this game, plus if the game is called off then we're going to get a fixture backlog even worse than it already is. Although admittedly it would help for the game at York on Saturday.
What back log? :think: :wtf:

Vokuhila
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: F A TROPHY DRAW

Post by Vokuhila » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:33 pm

biccynana wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:59 pm
Wiseacre wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:26 pm
All hail Alan Armstrong.
Absolutely. His work on the total synthesis of the milbemycin and avermectin natural products was groundbreaking.
It was groundbreaking, yeah, but I've always found the work he did on the design and synthesis of novel podand ionophores for enantioselective cation binding to be his most impressive to date. Each to their own though, I suppose.

Post Reply