Spennymoor Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Away

Post by H1987 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:39 pm

It really should have been all ticket. I’d be worried about people going in the home end now. Given recent form, and the date, I think we will take more than 900.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:50 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:29 pm
I smell a bit of a rat over this. Why has it only been public the day before the game?

Because they have basically pulled a cnuts trick #prideofcountydurham

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:51 pm

quakerste wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:54 pm
I have got to say that some of the comments towards Spennymoor have been totally uncalled for and embarrassing at best. We have always been welcomed over there with little trouble and managed to squeeze in. Tomorrow will be no different. We will have all of one side and seating behind the goal no different to what we got at Harrogate.

Have a great New Year and get down to the Brewery Field to cheer the lads on. They are going to need it tomorrow.

Squeezed in filling two stands previously

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:04 pm

This could end badly. A lot of the idiots will leave the pubs just before kick-off. They will have no qualms about going in the Spennymoor end. any trouble will rest with Spennymoor, for not dealing with this matter in a sensible way.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:04 pm

Wishful thinking Pete. The FA will think nothing of throwing the book at us too.

Shed7
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Shed7 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:21 pm

Not sure where you get the info from but a hog roast sandwich on Saturday cost £4 and would have fed 2 people and chips/curry was £2.50
Enjoy your visit

Fat josh

Post by Fat josh » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:04 pm
This could end badly. A lot of the idiots will leave the pubs just before kick-off. They will have no qualms about going in the Spennymoor end. any trouble will rest with Spennymoor, for not dealing with this matter in a sensible way.
Hopefully the fat alcoholic superfan is banned for this game as well as home ones 😉
King of uncovered

Leader of the true fans against the Arena return resistance movement

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:28 pm

Are we really all going to sit here and pretend a couple of hundred aren't just going to wear a coat and go in the home end where there'll be plenty of space and a good view? I know they shouldn't, but they will. If Spenny want to do this for their ego than that's their prerogative, but very, very silly.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:38 am

Fat josh wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Hopefully the fat alcoholic superfan is banned for this game as well as home ones Image
He was at Blyth if you are talking about AP

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:46 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fat josh wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Hopefully the fat alcoholic superfan is banned for this game as well as home ones Image

And York.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat josh

Post by Fat josh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:07 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:46 am
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fat josh wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

And York.

Disgusting That fat alcoholic disgrace should never be allowed near an away game.
I am gonna start informing every away team this season why he was banned and his abusive record like the club said they were going to do .
fucking shambolic
King of uncovered

Leader of the true fans against the Arena return resistance movement

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 am

Quaker85 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fat josh wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

And York.

And Leamington.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:52 am

AndyPark wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 am
Quaker85 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fat josh wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

And York.

And Leamington.
If you are indeed banned from attending games surely you’d be better served keeping this quiet?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:05 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:46 pm
On another note, no mention of Gary Martin. Wonder if he'll be available for Gloucester.
Says in the Echo that he will be available from the second of January, so yea Gloucester it is👍

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:08 am

Beano wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:52 am
AndyPark wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fat josh wrote:

And York.

And Leamington.
If you are indeed banned from attending games surely you’d be better served keeping this quiet?
I think the club should do more to make sure that people who are banned do not attend away games & if they continue to attend these games, the club should consider handing down longer bans.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:29 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
On another note, no mention of Gary Martin. Wonder if he'll be available for Gloucester.
Not eligible to play until 2nd January, so Gloucester City onwards although how he is going to get into the squad at the moment is another matter!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:44 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:29 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Not eligible to play until 2nd January, so Gloucester City onwards although how he is going to get into the squad at the moment is another matter!
A sign of how things have changed. Not so long ago everyone was bemoaning the lack of players, in particular forward options. Now a decent player on offer and people thinking he will struggle to get into the squad.
A nice problem for AA to have after earlier in the season.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:08 am

10 goals in 11 appearances in 2019 suggests he’s a good option to have

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:46 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Beano wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:52 am
AndyPark wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote: He was at Blyth if you are talking about AP

And York.

And Leamington.
I think the club should do more to make sure that people who are banned do not attend away games & if they continue to attend these games, the club should consider handing down longer bans.
It’s not for Darlington to decide who can or cannot enter another team’s ground. Andy, or any other fan, can only be banned from home games because that’s where Darlington’s “jurisdiction” for want of a better word, starts and ends.

Darlington could maybe say to another club ”this is a list of banned people, we recommend you don’t let them in” but that’s pretty difficult to enforce. And anyway the final decision rests with the home club.

Unless I’m missing something, Andy isn’t actually doing anything wrong in attending the away games.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:42 am

Quite often our stewards go to steward Darlo fans at away games. I'm sure our stewards will be at the game today & they could easily point them out to the Spennymoor officials, who could deny them access.

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Quite often our stewards go to steward Darlo fans at away games. I'm sure our stewards will be at the game today & they could easily point them out to the Spennymoor officials, who could deny them access.
Theres just no need, has there been an issue at any of the games mentioned? Leave the lad to his current punishment, and let the club deal with it if they need to do more.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:42 am
Quite often our stewards go to steward Darlo fans at away games. I'm sure our stewards will be at the game today & they could easily point them out to the Spennymoor officials, who could deny them access.
What a fucking weasel you are.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:42 am
Perhaps it is better to let them in and keep an eye on them than have them roaming around outside and possibly causing problems outside the ground. We as a club can not stop them travelling to away venues.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:25 pm

I’m not Andys biggest fan, but I’ve seen him at two away matches since his ban and he’s been perfectly ok, he’s just supported the team. If he doesn’t have too much to drink he always is. I suspect he’s already learnt his lesson and will be careful in the future.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:32 pm

In Pete's defence I've been watching live footie for about 46 years and I've been on the pitch twice. Once in 77 at Wolves when the reds won the league and for out last game at Feethams. I've also defended Andy as he's often merely boisterous and loud and I've never seen him cause a serious problem. I suppose after the pyro shenanigans in the cup we need to be wary of giving the Fa/league any ammunition to impose a fine. Mind you we set off some impressive fireworks in the street last night!! If the lads behaving then lay off him.

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Typical Darlo Pete message trying to be controversial - let's handcuff a steward to Andy every time there's an away game to make sure he doesn't attend. I'm sure the club can afford to do this... FFS

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Following on Twitter - anyone know what’s happening here:

Currently a delay to the second half here due to saftey concerns with the ground...

Updates to follow.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Seemingly a perimeter fence collapsed because of overcrowding in the away end, in what is surely the most surprising incident of the day. There's footage on twitter, the whole thing looks farcical, and certainly not caused by unruly fans.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:41 pm

Spennymoor Official Twitter trying to defame Darlo fans and blame them for it.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Meanwhile we are losing 3-1 going into injury time!