Spennymoor Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Re: Spennymoor Away

Post by grimsbyquaker » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:48 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:17 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:Just seen the highlights. Man, did we miss some chances! Spenny scored with their 1 on 1s, we didn't. That was a bad miss by Adam Campbell. He scores some good goals, but misses some easy ones too. And what was Elliott doing for their first goal! If he'd stayed back, there were covering defenders.
Yes just seen the highlights Adam, got to agree with you, no real need for Elliott to make it easy for Roberts and the 3 one on ones should have put us 4-1 up before McKenna scored.Needed more composure and thought Campbell's was the worst of the 3.Seemed to be completely overrun in the 2nd half and thought McKenna was given far too much room by Hedley.A game of 2 halves and we don't seem to maintain our first half performances over the 90 minutes which has been mentioned by AA numerous times this season.
Still in a good league position so on to Saturday, let's get the 3 points and get closer to that 7th spot.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Don’t worry fellas. Gary Martin will put those away all day long. He will fire us into the play-offs and then his berth in the starting 11 will go to McGuire next term after AA’s gaslighting strategy finally sees him crack and admit that his body can’t take full-time football

Arseendoffit
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Arseendoffit » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:51 am
Just seen the highlights. Man, did we miss some chances! Spenny scored with their 1 on 1s, we didn't. That was a bad miss by Adam Campbell. He scores some good goals, but misses some easy ones too. And what was Elliott doing for their first goal! If he'd stayed back, there were covering defenders.
What defenders?
Laing and Storey jumped for the same ball and both left it, liddle let the guy run past him, 4 out of 5 defenders fucked up

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:30 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 pm
Tezza and Vodka Vic I hope you send this kind of information up to the club please, I’m sure they will appreciate any help in providing information where things started to go wrong Image
Our safety officer was at the game and is already working on gathering all information.
Was theirs Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arseendoffit

Post by Arseendoffit » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:31 pm

polarbear wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:11 pm
D_F_C wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:36 pm
Got to agree with Darlo Pete about the 2 turnstiles. That was another amateurish thing.

Didn't believe that if there was only 863 of our fans, that there was around 1400 spenny fans. An EXTRA 600ish fans...not for me. But they were never going to say over the 900 were they.

We have to take some responsibility that some of our fans acted like idiots again. But so did theres. Infact one of their fans ran out on the pitch, and I don't remember anything getting done about that. I think we need to be careful and not try to claim that every single issue was caused by the poor organisation, even though a lot of issues did stem from this
Plenty spare standing for darlington fans, 863 of them, and correct attendance v darlo 2260 with 863 away fans, now look at attendance v gateshead 1504 244 away fans, now compare the 2 games and its the correct attendance, always going to be more spennymoor fans turning up for the darlo game which was 140 extra. deluded.
have you identified the guy in the white hoodie and the big guy. just 2 of the idiots that stood out over the rest.
Can we ban this c*** , i wouldn't mind if he could answer a question when challenged but here we have a troll that says his bit and then completely ignores any further topic that is relevant.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Interesting to see the pics online of the match. Plenty taken in The first half (including the one when Chandler is upside down) which clearly shows there was not enough space for the fans down the far side, for the fans placed behind the goal.

Tezza’s comments sum it up. We’re just glad no one was hurt. Others will be relieved.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:54 pm

Must say there floodlights can't be up too league standards. In the second half, the ball kept disappearing in the grey side, whenever it was kicked in the air.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:54 pm
Must say there floodlights can't be up too league standards. In the second half, the ball kept disappearing in the grey side, whenever it was kicked in the air.
That would be 50% of the time then😅

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:31 pm

Just as an aside on Spenny. It was my first visit since their pitch upgrade and I have to say not sure if their pitch is much different. Surface looks ok but still a noticeable slope on it. Don’t know what it cost but not sure what it has achieved. Bit like the barriers I suspect O’Reilly Builders may have done the work. That’s one for Fawlty Towers fans.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 pm

Old Git wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:31 pm
Just as an aside on Spenny. It was my first visit since their pitch upgrade and I have to say not sure if their pitch is much different. Surface looks ok but still a noticeable slope on it. Don’t know what it cost but not sure what it has achieved. Bit like the barriers I suspect O’Reilly Builders may have done the work. That’s one for Fawlty Towers fans.
The Orrelly Men.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:48 pm

biccynana wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:31 pm
The Orrelly Men.
“If you don’t sort out our pitch by the weekend, I shall come round and insert a giant gnome into you. Good day.”
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:17 pm

Spenny lost 2 1 at home today to Kettering after leading 1 0.
😅😅😅😅😅😅
Hope their barriers held back the Kettering hoards.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:50 am

I imagine the Kettering fans just left any hoards they may have at home or in storage somewhere, so the barriers were probably OK.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:06 am

We're only one point behind Spendy with a game in hand, :thumbup:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:15 am

Ainsley out - Gray in.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:33 am

Just found some old pram wheels in the shed.Gonna send them up for Jason to replace the ones that have fallen off. 8-)

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:33 am
Just found some old pram wheels in the shed.Gonna send them up for Jason to replace the ones that have fallen off. 8-)
With players they have they should easily be in the top three at least.