Gary Martin

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Gary Martin

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:36 am

Announced tomorrow according to the Echo :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:50 am

Welcome to the club Gary, not that you are a stranger to the club. Does it say how long his loan at the club will be?

Darlopartisan
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:53 am

April, hopefully to the end of the season

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:59 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:53 am
April, hopefully to the end of the season
Ok thanks that's good news.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5655
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:03 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:53 am
April, hopefully to the end of the season
Start of April it ends I believe.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:47 am

Just 3 weeks shy of the end of season then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppyfield
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by poppyfield » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Would not be surprised to see him start tomorrow , anyway looking forward to seeing him play.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

H1987
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by H1987 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 pm

Imagine he does fire us to the playoffs and then has to miss them due to commitments in Iceland. It'd be gutting.

Looking forward to seeing him play anyway. The squad is in a good place right now.

jjljks
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:58 pm

H1987 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Imagine he does fire us to the playoffs and then has to miss them due to commitments in Iceland. It'd be gutting.

Looking forward to seeing him play anyway. The squad is in a good place right now.
Agreed. We have already seen with Nelson & O'Neill how losing these loan players in such a critical position as CF can be a blow to the team. Great if Gary is the missing piece in the jigsaw & hope he can be the catalyst for a good run by scoring & creating chances.

bga
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by bga » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:05 pm

H1987 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Imagine he does fire us to the playoffs and then has to miss them due to commitments in Iceland. It'd be gutting.

Looking forward to seeing him play anyway. The squad is in a good place right now.
According to Wikipedia he has yet to score a goal in English football so those of you who do see his first goal will be able to claim "I was there!" Then again Wikipedia could be wrong.

bga
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by bga » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:12 pm

Also someone had better tell him there's no Sunday morning league football in the Darlington area anymore just in case!

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13050
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by divas » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:17 pm

bga wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:05 pm
H1987 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Imagine he does fire us to the playoffs and then has to miss them due to commitments in Iceland. It'd be gutting.

Looking forward to seeing him play anyway. The squad is in a good place right now.
According to Wikipedia he has yet to score a goal in English football so those of you who do see his first goal will be able to claim "I was there!" Then again Wikipedia could be wrong.
Scored for York

bga
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by bga » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Great means he's got that Albatross off his back then!

Darlopartisan
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:41 pm

Where was he today? Anyone

jjljks
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by jjljks » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:42 pm

Guess nobody at FA to process his loan papers

Gow9900
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Gow9900 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:43 pm

Paperwork not 100% sorted as of yet.

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:46 pm

He can't play on Wednesday either so hopefully everything should be sorted for the game after.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Yep apparently problems getting international clearence.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:58 pm

I read a tweet suggesting it was an insurance issue which was a bit of a surprise given the time he’s been kicking his heels. Clearance papers sounds more plausible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Git
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Possibly more to do with getting him insured. Apparently we would have to cover his wages at his parent club if he gets injured playing for us. Therefore we need to insurance to cover this eventuality.

User avatar
uncovered
Site Admin
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Gary Martin

Post by uncovered » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:00 pm

His insurance is sorted but we have had to deal with FIFA who didn’t start back until after new year so all the paperwork hasn’t been signed off. Should be available for Boston or the trophy game if we win wednesday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjljks
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by jjljks » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:34 pm

uncovered wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:00 pm
His insurance is sorted but we have had to deal with FIFA who didn’t start back until after new year so all the paperwork hasn’t been signed off. Should be available for Boston or the trophy game if we win wednesday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surely you meant "when we win Wednesday"👍

Old Git
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Old Git » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:56 am

uncovered wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:00 pm
His insurance is sorted but we have had to deal with FIFA who didn’t start back until after new year so all the paperwork hasn’t been signed off. Should be available for Boston or the trophy game if we win wednesday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Insurance according to A A in today’s Northern Echo.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 am

Old Git wrote:
uncovered wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:00 pm
His insurance is sorted but we have had to deal with FIFA who didn’t start back until after new year so all the paperwork hasn’t been signed off. Should be available for Boston or the trophy game if we win wednesday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Insurance according to A A in today’s Northern Echo.
Well the Stod article I just read quotes issues with paperwork which is suitably vague. Could mean clearance, insurance or both. Suggests he doesn’t know or isn’t telling.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:10 pm

This matter should have been resolved sometime ago, it's not like we didn't know he was joining us in January & we should have foreseen this problem before now.

MB86DFC
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by MB86DFC » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:10 pm
This matter should have been resolved sometime ago, it's not like we didn't know he was joining us in January & we should have foreseen this problem before now.
Pete, I suggest you either offer your services to the club or stop with the constant moaning.

AndyPark
Posts: 11520
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:10 pm
This matter should have been resolved sometime ago, it's not like we didn't know he was joining us in January & we should have foreseen this problem before now.
Pete, I suggest you either offer your services to the club or stop with the constant moaning.
:clap: :clap:

Emdubya
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by Emdubya » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:10 pm
This matter should have been resolved sometime ago, it's not like we didn't know he was joining us in January & we should have foreseen this problem before now.
His parent club threw a late complication into the mix which I’m surprised you and your crystal ball didn’t pick up.
The club should this,the club should that the club should do the other.Prick.

lo36789
Posts: 8427
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Gary Martin

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:08 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:10 pm
This matter should have been resolved sometime ago, it's not like we didn't know he was joining us in January & we should have foreseen this problem before now.
Pete, I suggest you either offer your services to the club or stop with the constant moaning.
Does the club have a vacancy for Pete's services? What are they exactly...

User avatar
aveda
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:01 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Martin

Post by aveda » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:20 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:08 pm
MB86DFC wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:10 pm
This matter should have been resolved sometime ago, it's not like we didn't know he was joining us in January & we should have foreseen this problem before now.
Pete, I suggest you either offer your services to the club or stop with the constant moaning.
Does the club have a vacancy for Pete's services? What are they exactly...
He could be Manager of the Hindsight Dept of the club

Post Reply