Craig Morley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

ham
Team Supported: Darlington

Craig Morley

Post by ham » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:13 pm

I see Craig Morely has been finished by the club, does anyone know why? As it looks as though he was doing a good job.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Craig Morely

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 pm

I was told this at 5pm. There could be numerous reasons though, and I too wonder what they are.

He was there at the game so it looks like there hasn't been a fall out.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 pm
I was told this at 5pm. There could be numerous reasons though, and I too wonder what they are.

Unless he was told this at 5pm as well!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:46 pm

bga wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Or perhaps he’s yet to find out?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:52 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:46 pm
bga wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Or perhaps he’s yet to find out?
See his Twitter account "Time to relax and recharge the batteries...."
Let's wait for something official from the Club. I have always thought this role was a very challenging one for anyone.

tezza

Post by tezza » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Will be interesting to hear official reason.

Perhaps he missed all his financial targets ?

Timing seems odd

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 pm

ham wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:13 pm
I see Craig Morely has been finished by the club, does anyone know why? As it looks as though he was doing a good job.
Not good enough to warrant spelling his name right, though.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:53 pm

bga wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

he knew before the game as i overheard him telling somebody in the car park.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:04 pm

Is this really true? Even with the boards around the ground the ground he must have covered his basic costs.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:17 pm

..... Also has he not just recently acquired the club an official office on Grange road - these are mysterious times indeed.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Who will take commercial up now, massive shoes to fill as you can’t make someone redundant and then employ someone new as you leave yourself open to bad practice. I’m sure John Vickerman will know As he’s an HR expert apparently.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 pm

quakersfan wrote:Is this really true? Even with the boards around the ground the ground he must have covered his basic costs.
It is true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:08 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:54 pm
Who will take commercial up now, massive shoes to fill as you can’t make someone redundant and then employ someone new as you leave yourself open to bad practice. I’m sure John Vickerman will know As he’s an HR expert apparently.
Who said he’s been made redundant?
He may have resigned or he might have been sacked.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:11 pm

there could be a whole number of reasons from his side or the clubs side. We never found out why John Woolnough left - although I get the impression he his quite bitter about it.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:14 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Is this really true? Even with the boards around the ground the ground he must have covered his basic costs.
How much are his basic costs and what is the average made per year off each board?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Is it possible that for now he’s done all he can do? I mean in every season, there’s only so much advertising and other stuff that can be done.

Possibly?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:14 pm
Is it possible that for now he’s done all he can do? I mean in every season, there’s only so much advertising and other stuff that can be done.

Possibly?
As DJ has eluded to, the opportunities at BM are not that big or we would be mad keen on staying.

What is that possibility in value compared to costs.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi, I have deleted a post on this thread as it was very inaccurate in its content. Please do not post information that can be damaging and libellous. Any posts that are deemed this will be removed and the user removed from the forum.

Thanks

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:44 pm

I agree Scott, certain people give misleading information on behalf of the club, like 'ok it looks like we're ready to play'. These fools should be fired!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I agree Scott, certain people give misleading information on behalf of the club, like 'ok it looks like we're ready to play'. These fools should be fired!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have had similar moments when I turn the Christmas tree lights on!

cbh89f

Post by cbh89f » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Does anyone remember the name of the guy who had Cardnews at Morrison’s North Road ?

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:52 pm

I’d expect something to come out of the club tonight in relation to this, lots of mud being flung about, I’d be wanting to get my side of the story out there before any damage is caused.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Just looked at twitter and there’s lots of hype about whether he was sacked or made redundant who knew on the DFCSG board etc. Craig to his credit though has been quiet on his twitter account which is the best policy. A statement is needed though to clear the air.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Markodarlo wrote:I’d expect something to come out of the club tonight in relation to this, lots of mud being flung about, I’d be wanting to get my side of the story out there before any damage is caused.
Maybe there's no mud/damage involved and it was a mutual thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:19 pm

I’d like to know what the financials were to be honest, as commercial actually has been very healthy looking from the outside in. If the wage of a commercial manager has not been covered and we were joy well in the way to having deal lined up to cover year 2 then I’d be disappointed. If this was the case then why wound redundancy ( more costs ) be used and not performance management. ( Presuming target and performance were discussed at day 1 ).

If this is a disciplinary case as some suggest then why are we allowing the redundancy rumour to circulate as this again makes it very difficult to put someone back on that position unless adjusted terms have been an option.

Lots of questions and a statement would be a good starting point. I appreciate volunteers are key to this being done but personally I’d have had these details ready for when the redundancy discussion was taking place and ready for publishing ASAP after the meeting had taken place.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Very possibly, so let’s get the rumours quashed and move on.
Spyman wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:15 pm
Markodarlo wrote:I’d expect something to come out of the club tonight in relation to this, lots of mud being flung about, I’d be wanting to get my side of the story out there before any damage is caused.
Maybe there's no mud/damage involved and it was a mutual thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

coles

Post by coles » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Markodarlo wrote:I’d like to know what the financials were to be honest, as commercial actually has been very healthy looking from the outside in. If the wage of a commercial manager has not been covered and we were joy well in the way to having deal lined up to cover year 2 then I’d be disappointed. If this was the case then why wound redundancy ( more costs ) be used and not performance management. ( Presuming target and performance were discussed at day 1 ).

If this is a disciplinary case as some suggest then why are we allowing the redundancy rumour to circulate as this again makes it very difficult to put someone back on that position unless adjusted terms have been an option.

Lots of questions and a statement would be a good starting point. I appreciate volunteers are key to this being done but personally I’d have had these details ready for when the redundancy discussion was taking place and ready for publishing ASAP after the meeting had taken place.

Well said, certainly seems a strange one and even more strange is the silence out of the club at the moment. Firstly we had fence gate and now this not even a holding statement which says the club is dealing with this internally and will issue a full statement in time the silence speaks volumes.

I thought we had improved communication recently but this is taking us a step back. Employment law is a can of worms so whether the parting was mutual, performance based or a cost cutting exercise I believe the club has the right people in situ to advise it.

I’m personally disappointed to see this happen as from the outside looking in it felt we were really making big strides. Craig Morley had the club at heart and was trying to bring a professional side to the commercial team that has sadly not been possible previously. I hope we get some answers soon.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:29 pm

I'm not really sure rumours are flying around. One person posted on here an another repeated it as a question on twitter which was shot down by every person who responded and the only source listed was the post on here.

Basically one person makes something up which is in one thread on twitter and the club have to write statements it's absurd.

If there is change in structure I would expect that announcement in due course but not simply to appease the over excited.

There is no silence of the club. It's Monday, we had an FA Trophy game Saturday and yesterday will have been completing admin following that game. Give things a bit of a chance.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:35 pm

The club will be making an official statement tomorrow.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:55 pm

For several seasons we were saying we needed to employ somebody to exploit the commercial opportunities. We had people in on a commission basis and they lasted 5 minutes. Then we had other people at the club doing it on a voluntary basis but people complained when it became apparent they were getting a percentage of all deals done. Then we have (or did have) a commercial manager who was visibly making a difference and now I guess we are going back to volunteers doing it for a commission? Will they have the time to put in the hours that Craig did? Will sponsors that Craig brought in now have second thoughts, after all some of them won't really give a toss about DFC but were persuaded to sponsor because they like Craig? Could be a can of worms this, I hope they know what they are doing.