Craig Morley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

aveda
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Craig Morley

Post by aveda » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:20 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:54 am
From the outside it looks as if we need a commercial director and I wonder who is driving the sales in the interim.
Do we know this without seeing the figures ? Did he cover his salary plus more than what we got previously ?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:18 pm
The ebac deal that was promoted on website was new and improved so I would say that deal alone would have covered his wages in one go . I would imagine
What are the costs of the deal as well as the money in?

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:18 pm
The ebac deal that was promoted on website was new and improved so I would say that deal alone would have covered his wages in one go . I would imagine
Without knowing his salary and the financial details of the deal I would imagine you may not I know what you're talking about!👍🏼

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:03 pm

I'm not sure that I'd accept the word of someone who only joined the forum today. I'd expect deal information to be kept under wraps

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:28 pm
You could say judging by interview on website , for the chairman and financial director to turn up at training Christmas Eve that would suggest its a very good deal for the club .
Have a view . Some of read a lot .
So no information at all then.

I actually do believe it's a good deal for the club and great to keep a current sponsor.

However they are costs to this, do we provide hospitality at every game for our sponosrs, does/did our Commerical Director receive a percentage of the deal.

Keeping a Sponsor that was already here before the Commercial Director was is good but it's not really new revenue. That would be like losing a board sponsor and getting a new one then saying that has increased our revenue.

This isn't a dig, just facts of finances, so unless the deal was a massive increase on the previous ones then it's an increase of very little in terms of revenue, you do have to take into account that would we have got that deal if we didn't have a CD at the time.

Bottom line is that it's not as simple as done some deals so that means the role has been a success for the club, can the profit of commercial be increased above and beyond of the increase in costs of having a CD.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:Perhaps could go on and say it’s first time ever I’ve seen front of shirt sponsored , the rear of shirt , shorts and sleeve all done . No idea on what deals are worth .
Performance wise . Imo he has succeeded.
Wasn't aware we had a MD . Never in attendance to what is suggested. Can't Manage if not there am afraid .
Or do you argue that it is possible.
What the hell are you on about??

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:08 pm

It’s strange this Craig Morley thing. There was such a hoo-ha made of things when he came in, but now utter silence.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:18 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:08 pm
It’s strange this Craig Morley thing. There was such a hoo-ha made of things when he came in, but now utter silence.
It’s how the club operate at times. This, the Spennymoor debacle etc.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:17 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:18 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
You obviously don't buy a match programme. DJ's notes in the Alfreton programme state "On a separate note, the club is continuing to collate evidence following the New Year's Day game at Spennymoor. We are still awaiting the CCTV from the police to conclude our own factual view of the incidents encountered on the day after which we will respond. Please bear with us whilst we conduct our enquiries and thanks to everyone who has provided information thus far".

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:31 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:17 pm
JasonDeVos wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:18 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
You obviously don't buy a match programme. DJ's notes in the Alfreton programme state "On a separate note, the club is continuing to collate evidence following the New Year's Day game at Spennymoor. We are still awaiting the CCTV from the police to conclude our own factual view of the incidents encountered on the day after which we will respond. Please bear with us whilst we conduct our enquiries and thanks to everyone who has provided information thus far".
Obviously not. But an update like that may be best over other formats too.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:48 am

Will the police be prepared to release the CCTV footage though? There’s all sorts of data protection legislation covering this type of scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:18 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:48 am
Will the police be prepared to release the CCTV footage though? There’s all sorts of data protection legislation covering this type of scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my experience (working in a Cash Centre) we generally gave CCTV to the police at their request and for criminal cases (armed raids / money laundering cases) another third party for any civil purposes would have to request from us as data controller.

If the police have the CCTV then my thoughts is that there is a criminal charge 'being investigated' (suppose there are two sides to it health & safety on Spennymoor part OR criminal damage on our fans behalf). This isn't fact it is pure conjecture, but if we are waiting on the CCTV that actually suggests to me we could be on the hook for criminal damage as a H&S breach wouldn't actually really require us to have the footage.

A response to an FA charge / questions would really be a civil matter and we've have to go through other routes to get the footage from Spennymoor is my understanding.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:06 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:07 am
What's Spennymoor got to do with Craig .
Totally different subject . Hardly likely to be resolved .
MD never at Club is he . Running a Football club needs Football background . Where Companies can relate .
One of areas Craig so successful. Laughable.
New promoted picture pleading with Companies associated. Has image of Craig Morley .
Morally wrong .
:shock: What the fuck !!! :shock:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:25 pm

I think it's Hutchy

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:
MD never at Club is he . Running a Football club needs Football background . Where Companies can relate .
New promoted picture pleading with Companies associated. Has image of Craig Morley .
Morally wrong .
Either this guy is a troll, or he's Craig's mate who is blaming the board for everything

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:27 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:42 pm
Dilly-dilly wrote:
Morally wrong .
Either this guy is a troll, or he's Craig's mate who is blaming the board for everything
Or he’s Hutchy in disguise, loads of words but not necessarily in the right order!