New kit

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New kit

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:24 am

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:43 pm
Not a fan of any to be honest.

2 makes us look like Fulham, 4 looks like a training top.

3 is hideous.

So by process of elimination I’m stuck with 1.
I voted 3....just be contrary to DG :)
In proper sentences next time please. Image
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:27 am

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:56 pm
lo36789 wrote:Tbf 3 looks like hoops it's just half the hoop is black and the other is 'off-black' (grey)
No it doesn’t. It’d be like if Newcastle went for very thin vertical stripes and tried to claim it was the same.

It isn’t, everyone can see it isn’t. Even the board have said it isn’t. It’s bizarre you’re trying to pretend it is.

To refer back to my Animal Farm reference, you’re like an incompetent version of Squealer.
Wow talk about something flying over somebody's head :wtf:
If you were trying to make an ironic/humorous point, well I’d suggest you don’t bother in future.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:29 am

I have gone for number 4 , looks the most balanced with the black shorts.
Anyway these hoops are making my belly look bigger :D

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Best be 4 or I ain’t buying one. It’s the one that’ll hide me man tits the best!
Fuck Boris, fuck Brexit, fuck the other 3 shirts!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:27 am
lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Tbf 3 looks like hoops it's just half the hoop is black and the other is 'off-black' (grey)
No it doesn’t. It’d be like if Newcastle went for very thin vertical stripes and tried to claim it was the same.

It isn’t, everyone can see it isn’t. Even the board have said it isn’t. It’s bizarre you’re trying to pretend it is.

To refer back to my Animal Farm reference, you’re like an incompetent version of Squealer.
If you were trying to make an ironic/humorous point, well I’d suggest you don’t bother in future.
Because your humour vacuum malfunctions if I do?

I am very sorry, will remember that this forum is fact based straight talking only in future.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:23 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I am very sorry, will remember that this forum is fact based straight talking only in future.
What is? 99.99% of stuff on here is cack, especially Dullo Pete’s stuff.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Never mind changing the shirts, what about getting some non-slip boots or better studs. Think of the number of points we could save if our players did not slip👍

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:12 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

No, it’s because you’re s*** at doing humour.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:28 pm

Because of Hoopgate I’ve heard it’s not over until the last hoop sings!!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:14 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:28 pm
Because of Hoopgate I’ve heard it’s not over until the last hoop sings!!
Don’t tell me I reckon I know already. You heard it from a DFCSG board member :thumbup: :lol:

Not me saying you are wrong by the way, I would question where the info comes from though and the blame DFCSG random board member is more than fishy.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:13 pm

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... ref=twtrec

I'm not sure how animal farm listening to feedback and adapting the offering is...

Mind, that is a lovely hooped/horizontal stripe shirt

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 pm

al_quaker wrote:https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... ref=twtrec

I'm not sure how animal farm listening to feedback and adapting the offering is...

Mind, that is a lovely hooped/horizontal stripe shirt
It isn’t, but telling fans they couldn’t initially have hoops even to vote on because they might choose it, is.

Now maybe cut the passive aggressiveness and be happy the club are listening to fans.

Only a third wanted the quarters abomination anyway.

Bring on the hoops!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Looks like 3 will win, Gramps won't be happy, haha :lol:
You were saying Pete...

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:13 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 pm
Now maybe cut the passive aggressiveness and be happy the club are listening to fans.
:lol: It was a tongue in cheek comment - lighten up a bit gramps

AlanSprouts

Post by AlanSprouts » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:24 pm

Option 3 won fair and square so guess what we will have another vote with added hoops. Fuck me it's worse than Brexit. Tossers. I want diagonal stripes, boo hoo can we have another vote after this and then best of seven after that ffs.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:33 pm

Never a dull moment at Darlo!

Hoops are go......
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:39 pm

I voted #3 first time around. I like the new #1 too. How about #2 for the away kit with a new colour to replace the white but keeping the narrow black lines?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:45 pm

I'm still going 3 fancy a change...I also like the two-tone hoop style :shifty:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 pm

I voted 3 and will be buying one since the glenwood one would see me wearing it more as a casual top and not just a footie shirt

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:55 pm

darlo reborn wrote:I voted 3 and will be buying one since the glenwood one would see me wearing it more as a casual top and not just a footie shirt
If it wins

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Haway the hoops

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:02 pm

I actually quite like the way they have done this. Think in previous years we have had four options including hoops which has diluted the non-hoop vote.

I like the idea of a non-hooped play-off which then faces hoops in the final let the people decide when they want to move away from hoops but gives the alternative a chance!

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:09 pm

1800 votes from an average gate around 1400, seems to show a fair bit of interest.

My vote will be for 2, as I think I would wear it as a casual shirt as well, ( you don't see many people around the town wearing the hoops with pride although people clearly hold strong views). As I said before if it is hoops again I wont be buying one, the first time in a fair number of years.
Reason being the last few years have been too similar and I don't want another the same. I also believe that we may lose sales with the same design, and commercially we need every penny we can get. Last year at this time the club had to borrow a fair few thousand pounds from a small number of fans to keep our heads above water, (as mentioned at the AGM), so even though we have had a cup run and budget was cut we cant afford to lose out commercially on any opportunity.

Still my not buying wont bust the club and I am sure will be outweighed by all the people on this forum who will be buying given the strongly held feeling / views about this.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Like lo says above if there’s been a hooped shirt as one of four choices then it would have won hands down. At least this way gives a fighting chance for a non hooped shirt to win.

Hard to fathom people being seemingly genuinely angry about this. Weird.

The board have done the right thing, it was clearly controversial to a lot of fans to move away from hoops and when you’re trying to represent the opinion of the fans it would have been no good to ignore that.

Clumsy process maybe but they’ve done the right thing for the right reasons. At the end of the day we’re going to get the shirt that the majority want, isn’t that the whole idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Hats off to the club for listening to the feedback.

I don't mind some change being made, as long as there is the spirit of hoops somewhere in the design to mix it up year on year. I actually far prefer the #3 that was chosen to the #1 and #4 from the original choices. That said, this one is a bit funky for me - even if there are technically some hoops involved in this quarters design, they're a bit too convoluted. So i'll be voting for the more conventional hooped design. But I agree, it is a bit similar to the last couple of years. I'd have liked to see some thinner hoops, or pinstripe hoops to mix it up. Change the hoop design up by all means, add splashes of red, change whether black or white is the dominant colour... that's all fine. But i'd like to see us keep a common identity that is identifiably Darlington. Plenty of other English teams play in white and black, but only we play in white and black hoops. :thumbup:

If you want to chase sales with innovative designs, use the away shirt for that.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:29 pm

H1987 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:26 pm

I don't mind some change being made, as long as there is the spirit of hoops somewhere in the design to mix it up year on year. I actually far prefer the #3 that was chosen to the #1 and #4 from the original choices. That said, this one is a bit funky for me - even if there are technically some hoops involved in this quarters design, they're a bit too convoluted. So i'll be voting for the more conventional hooped design. But I agree, it is a bit similar to the last couple of years. I'd have liked to see some thinner hoops, or pinstripe hoops to mix it up. Change the hoop design up by all means, add splashes of red, change whether black or white is the dominant colour... that's all fine. But i'd like to see us keep a common identity that is identifiably Darlington. Plenty of other English teams play in white and black, but only we play in white and black hoops. :thumbup:

If you want to chase sales with innovative designs, use the away shirt for that.
Trouble is if we’d come out with a thin hooped design you would have had people moaning that it wasn’t traditional hoops. You can’t win. This one has white sleeves which weve not had for a while. A black sponsors logo and also red either side of the black hoops which has never featured before so is in fact a variation.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Well done to DFCSG for taking on board the views of many of us who were unhappy. I have voted for the traditional shirt as I think the other one will look nondescript from a distance. Whatever the result I will buy the new shirt now.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:49 pm

divas wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:29 pm
H1987 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Trouble is if we’d come out with a thin hooped design you would have had people moaning that it wasn’t traditional hoops. You can’t win. This one has white sleeves which weve not had for a while. A black sponsors logo and also red either side of the black hoops which has never featured before so is in fact a variation.
Aye. I think you simply provide fans with the choice. It was taking that choice away that annoyed people. I actually don't particularly mind whichever wins this one, but I expect the hoops will win it by a mile. I reckon that the initial vote was very close - and that a lot of people actually strongly dislike that quartered design. It could well have won on something daft like 30% of the vote.

I quite like the club doing a runoff of two popular designs. Maybe they could do a form next year where you pick a first and second choice, and the consensus choice gets it.... Or run semi's and then a final. But fundamentally, always have hoops somewhere in that discussion. They're overwhelmingly popular, and I do subscribe to maintaining an identity. The way Hartlepool's kit seems to vary I've always found ridiculous.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Are Hartlepool not white and blue stripes 🤷🏻‍♀️ I say that having been there few times in last couple of seasons and I can't actually remember what their kit is.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:01 pm

H1987 - your “run off” idea reminds me of that classic episode of Auf Weidersehen Pet where Barry organises a ballot to see what colour the inside of their wooden hut will be painted and “everybody gets what nobody wants”
Last edited by theoriginalfatcat on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!