Boston Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boston Away

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:17 pm

Mister e wrote:Having been at the game myself as a neutral on the night I'm going to cut polar bear some slack here. Their was no segregation on the night so I'm assuming that the spennymoor officials have just included the Altrincham fans that traveled free in the attendance figures. I was stood with the alty fans behind the goal in the first half and I'm convinced about fifty were in attendance.got to admit it was a cracking game but how spennymoor survived Altrinchams late onslaught searching for an equaliser heaven knows.
They only segregate cat A games and especially with a bit of tape that always works...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:23 pm

polarbear wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:07 pm
jjljks wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:21 pm
Bit amazed Spenny's game is on tonight
pitch like a ski slope

https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTown/stat ... 6174747648
Corrected that for you, polarbear :thumbup:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Looking at the highlights of the Spendy game, there's hardly anyone there. It's clear that when they give the attendance figure they are including every one of the cut-price and the many free season ticket holders as having attended, whether they do or not. I would have thought the actual attendance on the night was about half (maybe a few more) of the 869 given as the "official" attendance. Why the need to bull everything up?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:18 pm

To be fair to Spennymoor, Harrogate only had a crowd of 801 and they are challenging hard to get promoted to the Football League. Of course they are another club funded by a deep pocketed benefactor.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:14 am

only 183 at Farsley V Kiddie game with Kiddie supporters claiming they took over 90(which I doubt)

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:30 am

LoidLucan wrote:Looking at the highlights of the Spendy game, there's hardly anyone there. It's clear that when they give the attendance figure they are including every one of the cut-price and the many free season ticket holders as having attended, whether they do or not. I would have thought the actual attendance on the night was about half (maybe a few more) of the 869 given as the "official" attendance. Why the need to bull everything up?
Based on the “gates”they are getting this season, they either have serious sponsorship money coming in or you know who is continuing to pump personal funds into the club.They have just added 3 or 4 players to their squad so looks like they are really going for it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:49 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:30 am
LoidLucan wrote:Looking at the highlights of the Spendy game, there's hardly anyone there. It's clear that when they give the attendance figure they are including every one of the cut-price and the many free season ticket holders as having attended, whether they do or not. I would have thought the actual attendance on the night was about half (maybe a few more) of the 869 given as the "official" attendance. Why the need to bull everything up?
Based on the “gates”they are getting this season, they either have serious sponsorship money coming in or you know who is continuing to pump personal funds into the club.They have just added 3 or 4 players to their squad so looks like they are really going for it .

It can't be sponsorship, there are hardly any signboards on the fencing.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:19 am

MB86DFC wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:49 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

If you think sponsorship for any football club is limited to advertising boards on the pitch surround, then you are 40-50 years out of date.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Everyone knows why they are where they are - even those Spennymoor Town fans who are in denial must know it deep down.

They do make me laugh announcing the number of away fans when they don't segregate though

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Everyone knows why they are where they are - even those Spennymoor Town fans who are in denial must know it deep down.

They do make me laugh announcing the number of away fans when they don't segregate though

There is a separate turnstile for away fans even though ground is not segregated. I assume number of away fans are number going through that turnstile they use for away fans total when games are not segregated

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:14 pm

spen666 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm
al_quaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

There is a separate turnstile for away fans even though ground is not segregated. I assume number of away fans are number going through that turnstile they use for away fans total when games are not segregated
But there's no way it can be accurate. For example, some altrincham fans didn't know about the away turnstile so just went through the 'home' turnstile. So why bother?

Other than it could well lead to away figures being underreported..

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:14 pm

spen666 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm
al_quaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Appreciate that info. It just confirms that the amount is inaccurate

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:52 pm

spen666 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:19 am
MB86DFC wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:49 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

If you think sponsorship for any football club is limited to advertising boards on the pitch surround, then you are 40-50 years out of date.
Thanks for the clarification. It must be all that other sponsorship where businesses based in small towns don’t want the locals to know about them. I suppose all the vibes come from Spennymoor’s official Far East tractor sponsors, International shirt sales and Subscription TV packages.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:24 pm

Mind you, to be fair - I can't remember many on here complaining when G.R. splashed the cash on Heaney/Gabbiadini/Aspen and others - the books didn't balance then. ;)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:44 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:24 pm
Mind you, to be fair - I can't remember many on here complaining when G.R. splashed the cash on Heaney/Gabbiadini/Aspen and others - the books didn't balance then. ;)
Yeah, those team-building skiing trips didn't come cheap ;)

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:02 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:44 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Yeah, those team-building skiing trips didn't come cheap ;)
Well spotted. I put that spelling mistake in deliberately to see who, if anyone was paying attention. It is of course Neil Aspin.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Absolutely, I've no real problem with it but I find the denial amusing.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:52 pm

That`s one of the reasons we ended up where we were

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:00 am

Vokuhila wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:12 am
biccynana wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:02 am
"could/would/should of"
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 am
“off of”
I think these are both referred to as a 'Matterface' in commentary parlance, as in:

"Ooh, he's tried a lob there and it looks like it could of come off of the defender's arm."

"You've gone full Matterface there, [insert commentator's name]!

Also, it was a chip, not a lob..."
Nice...

And to Segway a la the one show, Porky Parry calling Sam Matterface, Matt Sammerface.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:53 am

Vokuhila wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:12 am
biccynana wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:02 am
"could/would/should of"
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 am
“off of”
I think these are both referred to as a 'Matterface' in commentary parlance, as in:

"Ooh, he's tried a lob there and it looks like it could of come off of the defender's arm."

"You've gone full Matterface there, [insert commentator's name]!

Also, it was a chip, not a lob..."
"It's about as weak as a glass of orange squash which is 52 parts water and half a part... squash."....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website