George Reynolds...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
Alfie
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Eye, Suffolk

George Reynolds...

Post by Alfie » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Arrested according to the Echo. Breaching restraining order (alledgedly) to do with his planning dispute.

H1987
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by H1987 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Bullying women again is he?

The horrible old knacker deserves to be locked up again. It still amazes me he's still going to be honest, given the age and size of him. There won't be many who are sad when he shuffles off this mortal coil. Nasty piece of work.

joejaques
Posts: 2773
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by joejaques » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:50 pm

H1987 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm
Bullying women again is he?

The horrible old knacker deserves to be locked up again. It still amazes me he's still going to be honest, given the age and size of him. There won't be many who are sad when he shuffles off this mortal coil. Nasty piece of work.
When was he ever honest? :roll:
Image

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4412
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:26 pm

This is the future for us all - working until we are 84. :thumbdown:





* In an honest way of course.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

shildonlad
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by shildonlad » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Would not surprise me if reynolds did all this for the attention and to tell us all hes still around. Not the 1st time hes caused a s*** storm for the publicity
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

H1987
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by H1987 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:48 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:50 pm
H1987 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm
Bullying women again is he?

The horrible old knacker deserves to be locked up again. It still amazes me he's still going to be honest, given the age and size of him. There won't be many who are sad when he shuffles off this mortal coil. Nasty piece of work.
When was he ever honest? :roll:
:lol:

Darlogramps
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:20 pm

shildonlad wrote:Would not surprise me if reynolds did all this for the attention and to tell us all hes still around. Not the 1st time hes caused a s*** storm for the publicity
He’s not doing it for attention. He’s doing it because he’s a nasty, narcissistic, egotistical, misogynistic piece of work.

If it was for the attention, it’s people like you who lap it up. Remember, you excused Reynolds in the past as being a “frail 83-year-old” who was “funny”, “a character” and “good comedy value”. (See the previous thread on Reynolds).

Now you’re trying to pass off his behaviour as mere attention-seeking. I don’t know how many more times you need to be told but Reynolds is a nasty, cowardly piece of work. That’s all there is to it. Your attempts to excuse his behaviour are bizarre.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by shildonlad » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Not saying hes a top bloke but theres been some comical quotes from him over the years which even the most die hard of darlington fans have found funny:
“Rome wasn’t built in a day but dArlingtons already built”
“Footballs easy, just send out the season tickets and away you go”
“If i did not build the stadium big enough how the ruddy hell would elton john have fitted in”
And the best when he was on the news about georgie porgeys pudding and pies:
“Places sell cups of tea for £1.50, the price of a litre of fuel but you cant run a car on tea”
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

biccynana
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by biccynana » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:05 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Not saying hes a top bloke but theres been some comical quotes from him over the years which even the most die hard of darlington fans have found funny:
“Rome wasn’t built in a day but dArlingtons already built”
“Footballs easy, just send out the season tickets and away you go”
“If i did not build the stadium big enough how the ruddy hell would elton john have fitted in”
And the best when he was on the news about georgie porgeys pudding and pies:
“Places sell cups of tea for £1.50, the price of a litre of fuel but you cant run a car on tea”
Speak for yourself. Didn't raise a titter.

JasonDeVos
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by JasonDeVos » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:16 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Not saying hes a top bloke but theres been some comical quotes from him over the years which even the most die hard of darlington fans have found funny:
“Rome wasn’t built in a day but dArlingtons already built”
“Footballs easy, just send out the season tickets and away you go”
“If i did not build the stadium big enough how the ruddy hell would elton john have fitted in”
And the best when he was on the news about georgie porgeys pudding and pies:
“Places sell cups of tea for £1.50, the price of a litre of fuel but you cant run a car on tea”
Comedy gold ...........???

Darlogramps
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 pm

“Not saying he’s a top bloke but...,” We can stop reading after that.

ShildonLad is clearly a thick lad with a simple mind.

Apparently Reynolds’ criminal activity, bullying, intimidation, incompetence, financial illiteracy and general buffoonery can all be mitigated because Reynolds said a number of things he subjectively found mildly amusing.

Sure Reynolds ruined lives and fundamentally destroyed our club, the repercussions we’re still dealing with today. But that doesn’t matter if you’re “a character”.

Kindly totter back off to Gateshead, and stop commenting on things you clearly know nothing about.

It’s like me saying: “Eh, that Joe Cala, what a character he was! Sure he didn’t pay staff, sacked people by email and nearly destroyed the club, but that time he slept in the club shop sure was funny.”
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by H1987 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Not saying hes a top bloke but theres been some comical quotes from him over the years which even the most die hard of darlington fans have found funny:
“Rome wasn’t built in a day but dArlingtons already built”
“Footballs easy, just send out the season tickets and away you go”
“If i did not build the stadium big enough how the ruddy hell would elton john have fitted in”
And the best when he was on the news about georgie porgeys pudding and pies:
“Places sell cups of tea for £1.50, the price of a litre of fuel but you cant run a car on tea”
Aye, and Hitler loved dogs. He probably had a better sense of humour too, judging by that nonsense. (And no, I’m *clearly* not comparing him to Hitler, before someone says it)

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1944
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Some people lost their jobs because the stadium was built too big, and built on credit, most of which was not paid back when the club went into admin, so due to the loss of revenue of the many companies involved in building the stadium, some people paid with being laid off so that these companies could carry on trading. But hey, a joke was made about it, what a bloody laugh eh.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4412
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:41 pm

H1987 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Not saying hes a top bloke but theres been some comical quotes from him over the years which even the most die hard of darlington fans have found funny:
“Rome wasn’t built in a day but dArlingtons already built”
“Footballs easy, just send out the season tickets and away you go”
“If i did not build the stadium big enough how the ruddy hell would elton john have fitted in”
And the best when he was on the news about georgie porgeys pudding and pies:
“Places sell cups of tea for £1.50, the price of a litre of fuel but you cant run a car on tea”
Aye, and Hitler loved dogs. He probably had a better sense of humour too, judging by that nonsense. (And no, I’m *clearly* not comparing him to Hitler, before someone says it)
Hitler murdered his own dog, his favourite dog with a cyanide capsule.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Vokuhila
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:11 am

Given that shildonlad reached 2019 and was still using the word 'coloured' to describe a non-white person and once referred to Arlene Foster as "that dyke from the DUP", I can totally understand why he might think George and his comedy stylings are beyond hilarious.
#teamluket

shildonlad
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:00 am

Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlogramps
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am

shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.



Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by H1987 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am
shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, a financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
While I absolutely agree with all of that, lets also not lose sight of the fact he's absolutely 100% *not* funny either.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:13 pm

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am
shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, a financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
While I absolutely agree with all of that, lets also not lose sight of the fact he's absolutely 100% *not* funny either.
Very true.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am
shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
You just love an argument dont you
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlogramps
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am
shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
You just love an argument dont you
You’re quick on the uptake. Me being argumentative is not news to anyone.

But the fact you’re trying to turn this on me suggests you know your points are indefensible. Otherwise, you’d have mounted a defence of your opinion, rather than making a personal point about someone else.

No one has gone with you here so you can do one of two things. You can either double down and end up even deeper in the hole. Or you can stop embarrassing yourself and move on.

Either way, I’m satisfied I’ve won this argument so once you stop posting, it’s all over.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am
shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
You just love an argument dont you
You’re quick on the uptake. Me being argumentative is not news to anyone.

But the fact you’re trying to turn this on me suggests you know your points are indefensible. Otherwise, you’d have mounted a defence of your opinion, rather than making a personal point about someone else.

No one has gone with you here so you can do one of two things. You can either double down and end up even deeper in the hole. Or you can stop embarrassing yourself and move on.

Either way, I’m satisfied I’ve won this argument so once you stop posting, it’s all over.
Ok then i will hand this win to you but if you have a spare few minutes watch this and surely you can agree this is reynolds at his most deluded:
https://youtu.be/7Yg1HQevCBE
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1944
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:53 pm

I don't think somehow Gramps would disagree with you that Reynolds is deluded.

shildonlad
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:53 pm
I don't think somehow Gramps would disagree with you that Reynolds is deluded.
Dont think anyone can argue he was. I recall him saying when darlington were in administration around 2009ish, may have been in the northern echo that some fans would love him back, i doubt it
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

AndyPark
Posts: 11547
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:02 pm

I know my grammar can be bad, but fuck me :shock: :shock:

Post Reply