George Reynolds...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

George Reynolds...

Post by Alfie » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Arrested according to the Echo. Breaching restraining order (alledgedly) to do with his planning dispute.

H1987

Re: George Reynolds...

Post by H1987 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Bullying women again is he?

The horrible old knacker deserves to be locked up again. It still amazes me he's still going to be honest, given the age and size of him. There won't be many who are sad when he shuffles off this mortal coil. Nasty piece of work.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:50 pm

H1987 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm

The horrible old knacker deserves to be locked up again. It still amazes me he's still going to be honest, given the age and size of him. There won't be many who are sad when he shuffles off this mortal coil. Nasty piece of work.
When was he ever honest? :roll:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:26 pm

This is the future for us all - working until we are 84. :thumbdown:

* In an honest way of course.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Would not surprise me if reynolds did all this for the attention and to tell us all hes still around. Not the 1st time hes caused a s*** storm for the publicity
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:48 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:50 pm
H1987 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm

When was he ever honest? :roll:
:lol:

Darlogramps

George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:20 pm

shildonlad wrote:Would not surprise me if reynolds did all this for the attention and to tell us all hes still around. Not the 1st time hes caused a s*** storm for the publicity
He’s not doing it for attention. He’s doing it because he’s a nasty, narcissistic, egotistical, misogynistic piece of work.

If it was for the attention, it’s people like you who lap it up. Remember, you excused Reynolds in the past as being a “frail 83-year-old” who was “funny”, “a character” and “good comedy value”. (See the previous thread on Reynolds).

Now you’re trying to pass off his behaviour as mere attention-seeking. I don’t know how many more times you need to be told but Reynolds is a nasty, cowardly piece of work. That’s all there is to it. Your attempts to excuse his behaviour are bizarre.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Not saying hes a top bloke but theres been some comical quotes from him over the years which even the most die hard of darlington fans have found funny:
“Rome wasn’t built in a day but dArlingtons already built”
“Footballs easy, just send out the season tickets and away you go”
“If i did not build the stadium big enough how the ruddy hell would elton john have fitted in”
And the best when he was on the news about georgie porgeys pudding and pies:
“Places sell cups of tea for £1.50, the price of a litre of fuel but you cant run a car on tea”
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:05 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Not saying hes a top bloke but theres been some comical quotes from him over the years which even the most die hard of darlington fans have found funny:
“If i did not build the stadium big enough how the ruddy hell would elton john have fitted in”
“Places sell cups of tea for £1.50, the price of a litre of fuel but you cant run a car on tea”
Speak for yourself. Didn't raise a titter.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:16 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Comedy gold ...........???

Darlogramps

George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 pm

“Not saying he’s a top bloke but...,” We can stop reading after that.

ShildonLad is clearly a thick lad with a simple mind.

Apparently Reynolds’ criminal activity, bullying, intimidation, incompetence, financial illiteracy and general buffoonery can all be mitigated because Reynolds said a number of things he subjectively found mildly amusing.

Sure Reynolds ruined lives and fundamentally destroyed our club, the repercussions we’re still dealing with today. But that doesn’t matter if you’re “a character”.

Kindly totter back off to Gateshead, and stop commenting on things you clearly know nothing about.

It’s like me saying: “Eh, that Joe Cala, what a character he was! Sure he didn’t pay staff, sacked people by email and nearly destroyed the club, but that time he slept in the club shop sure was funny.”
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Aye, and Hitler loved dogs. He probably had a better sense of humour too, judging by that nonsense. (And no, I’m *clearly* not comparing him to Hitler, before someone says it)

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Some people lost their jobs because the stadium was built too big, and built on credit, most of which was not paid back when the club went into admin, so due to the loss of revenue of the many companies involved in building the stadium, some people paid with being laid off so that these companies could carry on trading. But hey, a joke was made about it, what a bloody laugh eh.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:41 pm

H1987 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Aye, and Hitler loved dogs. He probably had a better sense of humour too, judging by that nonsense. (And no, I’m *clearly* not comparing him to Hitler, before someone says it)
Hitler murdered his own dog, his favourite dog with a cyanide capsule.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:11 am

Given that shildonlad reached 2019 and was still using the word 'coloured' to describe a non-white person and once referred to Arlene Foster as "that dyke from the DUP", I can totally understand why he might think George and his comedy stylings are beyond hilarious.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:00 am

Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews

Darlogramps

George Reynolds...

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am

shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
Reached hnd level that proves otherwise. And i repeat im not laughing at anyone who lost money due to reynolds dodgy dealings im laughing at reynolds himself. And whilst joe cala did not sleep in the gateshead club shop which is basically a kiosk at the stadium gateshead fans still saw the funny side during dark times particularly during his and ranjans bizare radio interviews
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.

Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am
shildonlad wrote:Folk are clearly getting the wrong end of the stick, so someone thinks im thick, having
A qualification is not an indicator of intelligence. It merely shows you’ve been trained in passing an exam. Some of our leading politicians have the best degrees going, yet are unbelievably moronic.

And you are evidently a case in point. You can have all the qualifications you want, your comments here still mark you out as being thick as pigshit.

As for “seeing the funny side”, given the police stopped Cala entering the stadium for fear he’d be attacked, that suggests Gateshead fans didn’t exactly see the funny side.

But hey, according to you, a financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
While I absolutely agree with all of that, lets also not lose sight of the fact he's absolutely 100% *not* funny either.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:13 pm

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

But hey, according to you, a financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
While I absolutely agree with all of that, lets also not lose sight of the fact he's absolutely 100% *not* funny either.
Very true.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

But hey, according to you, financial impropriety and not paying staff wages and running clubs into the ground is all grand if you’ve got a sense of humour.

Weirdo.
You just love an argument dont you

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Weirdo.
You’re quick on the uptake. Me being argumentative is not news to anyone.

But the fact you’re trying to turn this on me suggests you know your points are indefensible. Otherwise, you’d have mounted a defence of your opinion, rather than making a personal point about someone else.

No one has gone with you here so you can do one of two things. You can either double down and end up even deeper in the hole. Or you can stop embarrassing yourself and move on.

Either way, I’m satisfied I’ve won this argument so once you stop posting, it’s all over.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Weirdo.
You’re quick on the uptake. Me being argumentative is not news to anyone.

But the fact you’re trying to turn this on me suggests you know your points are indefensible. Otherwise, you’d have mounted a defence of your opinion, rather than making a personal point about someone else.

No one has gone with you here so you can do one of two things. You can either double down and end up even deeper in the hole. Or you can stop embarrassing yourself and move on.

Either way, I’m satisfied I’ve won this argument so once you stop posting, it’s all over.
Ok then i will hand this win to you but if you have a spare few minutes watch this and surely you can agree this is reynolds at his most deluded:
https://youtu.be/7Yg1HQevCBE

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:53 pm

I don't think somehow Gramps would disagree with you that Reynolds is deluded.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:53 pm
I don't think somehow Gramps would disagree with you that Reynolds is deluded.
Dont think anyone can argue he was. I recall him saying when darlington were in administration around 2009ish, may have been in the northern echo that some fans would love him back, i doubt it

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:02 pm

I know my grammar can be bad, but fuck me :shock: :shock: