Retention for next year

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

H1987
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Retention for next year

Post by H1987 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:16 am

I suppose we are reaching the business end of the season - and while I still think we might make the playoffs, i'm not sure winning them is really on the cards. As such, I'm sure the management has one eye on next year, and who stays and who goes in order to push on for next season. Who would you like to see tied down, who does or doesn't have an option on their contract, and who do we let go...

So for me...

Retain:

Elliott
Hedley
Storey
Laing
Liddle
Watson
Hatfield (absolute must - and we know he doesn't have an option right now, so he will likely cost us more next season)
Wheatley
Holness
Campbell
Rivers
Donowa (the other absolute must)

Can go:
Connell
Martin (loan anyway)
Trotman (tough, but I think he is probably on a good salary and we just don't know if he will recover properly)
Atkinson (I suspect he's on a generous salary, he's never been fit, and i'm not sure where he fits in this team)

Undecided (very difficult decisions await two of these lads - imo they're probably declining and I suspect we would offer reduced terms at this stage):
Galbraith
Thommo
Reid (I thought he was excellent when he first came in, but he's faded a little for me in recent weeks)
Holmes (recovery dependent)
Bell (Just hasn't featured after a good pre-season. I'm not sure what he's done out on loan - could be that the management think he's one for the future)

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4295
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:37 am

Re Thommo - I feel at some stage he could be in line for a testimonial match.

You don't get many of these now because most footballers are on such a good wage but with Thommo, because of the length of time he's been with us, his importance in this time and his effort/attitude and goals, then surely it would be a good thing to consider, and I would certainly go. Perhaps some of the money raised could go to a local charity?

Anyway, I would like to see both Thommo and Galbraith retained for one more season, perhaps on reduced terms but none of us know their terms now so this is hard to say.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Wiseacre
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Wiseacre » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:17 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:37 am
Re Thommo - I feel at some stage he could be in line for a testimonial match.

You don't get many of these now because most footballers are on such a good wage but with Thommo, because of the length of time he's been with us, his importance in this time and his effort/attitude and goals, then surely it would be a good thing to consider, and I would certainly go. Perhaps some of the money raised could go to a local charity?

Anyway, I would like to see both Thommo and Galbraith retained for one more season, perhaps on reduced terms but none of us know their terms now so this is hard to say.
Agree strongly with this Stephen is a welcome reminder of an earlier period when players made a substantial mark over a long period. Well worth a proper send off - after another season.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11793
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Spyman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:54 am

H1987 wrote:I suppose we are reaching the business end of the season - and while I still think we might make the playoffs, i'm not sure winning them is really on the cards. As such, I'm sure the management has one eye on next year, and who stays and who goes in order to push on for next season. Who would you like to see tied down, who does or doesn't have an option on their contract, and who do we let go...

So for me...

Retain:

Elliott
Hedley
Storey
Laing
Liddle
Watson
Hatfield (absolute must - and we know he doesn't have an option right now, so he will likely cost us more next season)
Wheatley
Holness
Campbell
Rivers
Donowa (the other absolute must)

Can go:
Connell
Martin (loan anyway)
Trotman (tough, but I think he is probably on a good salary and we just don't know if he will recover properly)
Atkinson (I suspect he's on a generous salary, he's never been fit, and i'm not sure where he fits in this team)

Undecided (very difficult decisions await two of these lads - imo they're probably declining and I suspect we would offer reduced terms at this stage):
Galbraith
Thommo
Reid (I thought he was excellent when he first came in, but he's faded a little for me in recent weeks)
Holmes (recovery dependent)
Bell (Just hasn't featured after a good pre-season. I'm not sure what he's done out on loan - could be that the management think he's one for the future)
I think Holmes, Atkinson and Trotman would/should all be given pre-season to prove fitness etc. Trotman is a sellable player if he comes back as he was before so we should persevere if we can with him.

Little point in discarding the other two until we're sure they're not going to recover but also unwise committing to them until they've established themselves. Holmes I probably have more sympathy with as it is one serious injury rather than repeatedly picking up knocks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:18 pm

I think Galbraith is a definite to stay in my opinion.
Thommo is badly out of form/confidence - I still would have him on my list to stay.
Trotman is a difficult one - its how committed he is to his football career - I have gone no issues with him pursuing other careers - but I though his aim was to be a professional footballer - if he has given up that dream then his motivation might drop (just might) - and I think then the distance of travelling will come into question.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

spen666
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by spen666 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:29 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:37 am
Re Thommo - I feel at some stage he could be in line for a testimonial match.

You don't get many of these now because most footballers are on such a good wage but with Thommo, because of the length of time he's been with us, his importance in this time and his effort/attitude and goals, then surely it would be a good thing to consider, and I would certainly go. Perhaps some of the money raised could go to a local charity?

Anyway, I would like to see both Thommo and Galbraith retained for one more season, perhaps on reduced terms but none of us know their terms now so this is hard to say.

You don't get many testimonial matches these days, because it is rare for a player to remain at a club long enough these days. Traditionally they were only granted after 10 years service at one club, although this seems no longer to be a rigid rule

Thompson is a relative rarity in football given the long length of his service to Darlington

User avatar
dfc4me
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by dfc4me » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:28 pm

With Thommo, Galbraith and Wheatley on contracts from the TW/MG era I suspect they will be on more money than AA will want to pay so if AA does want to retain them it could well be for less money. If so we could well lose all 3.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12621
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:53 pm

dfc4me wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:28 pm
With Thommo, Galbraith and Wheatley on contracts from the TW/MG era I suspect they will be on more money than AA will want to pay so if AA does want to retain them it could well be for less money. If so we could well lose all 3.
I think Thommo & Galbraith would want to stay at the club & would probably sign for less money. I doubt Wheatley would reduce his contract, as his form & stock is on the rise. I would not be adverse to both Galbraith & Thommo getting testimonial games for their service to the club over many years.

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by darlo2001uk » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:06 pm

It is essential we keep Hatfield and Wheatley.

Losing Galbraith and Thommo could be the way to make that happen.

Not saying I want that to happen but........

jjljks
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by jjljks » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:42 pm

Difficult to pick when I don't have a lot of info to work on such as current contracts /expiry / recovery from injury / individual's own change in circumstances e.g. jobs /travelling time etc
Just going on current form also not ideal with many players being asked to cover positions for which they were not signed for. Finally, I have no idea what the budget is for next year & given our lack of Directors, not sure what is left of the Board know either. The first person I want to stay is AA and therefore happy for him to settle his list.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4295
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:09 pm

Trotman is maybe at a crossroads.

He will get tv offers and stuff which might make him lose focus on football, and also he might be wary of yet another injury.

He's a good footballer but to progress his career he will have to make football his top priority, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

User avatar
mikkyx
Site Admin
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Retention for next year

Post by mikkyx » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Don't forget we'll be losing Ainge as well - we've not been paying his whole wage this year, granted... but we won't be paying it at all soon.
Mike Price - @mikkyx
---
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
One fifth of Darlo Fans Radio and one half of the Darlo Radio Football Show

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm

H1987 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:16 am
I suppose we are reaching the business end of the season - and while I still think we might make the playoffs, i'm not sure winning them is really on the cards. As such, I'm sure the management has one eye on next year, and who stays and who goes in order to push on for next season. Who would you like to see tied down, who does or doesn't have an option on their contract, and who do we let go...

So for me...

Retain:

Elliott
Hedley
Storey
Laing
Liddle
Watson
Hatfield (absolute must - and we know he doesn't have an option right now, so he will likely cost us more next season)
Wheatley
Holness
Campbell
Rivers
Donowa (the other absolute must)

Can go:
Connell
Martin (loan anyway)
Trotman (tough, but I think he is probably on a good salary and we just don't know if he will recover properly)
Atkinson (I suspect he's on a generous salary, he's never been fit, and i'm not sure where he fits in this team)

Undecided (very difficult decisions await two of these lads - imo they're probably declining and I suspect we would offer reduced terms at this stage):
Galbraith
Thommo
Reid (I thought he was excellent when he first came in, but he's faded a little for me in recent weeks)
Holmes (recovery dependent)
Bell (Just hasn't featured after a good pre-season. I'm not sure what he's done out on loan - could be that the management think he's one for the future)
So you're undecided on Holmes but we should bin Atkinson? Using the logic that Atkinson has been injured all season so we should fuck him off, and Holmes has been injured all season but being kept on is recovery dependent? Eh?

How does Holmes get a chance to recover but Atkinson doesn't?

And let's face it, Atkinson is AAs number 1 favourite player, apparently one of the best current players in world football - just we haven't seen it yet.
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Being greedy I'd like us to keep everyone, because no one who has been fit for any length of time has let us down.

I think Trotman will likely move on as there is bound to be a more local club interested.

I think, sadly, that we will release Holness who I think is a fine player. But as with Bascombe, he has happened to be here when we've got Wheatley and Hatfield. But having said that we could lose one or both of those so maybe Omar still is in with a shout.

I don't think we'll pursue Connell because although he's decent enough, he's 34 and Elliott has proven himself to be as good if not better.

Sign a right back to replace Trotman or keep playing Hedley there. If we do sign a right back then Hedley can try and compete for a midfield place as well as at right back.

Sign Adam Boyes.

Hopefully Atkinson and Holmes will be fully fit and show why AA rates them so highly - could be potentially like having 2 new signings.

That should do, I don't think we should have too much movement in or out TBH, because the current squad - especially if all fit - is good enough to be challenging top 7.
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5654
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Yep Atkinson is a massive favourite of AA so be amazingly surprised if he leaves, more chance Wheatley will be on his way.

To be honest though be good to get through the AGM first and hopefully get some indication of where we are, I am sure AA would like to get a few locked down for next season.

12 league games to go and hopefully the board are starting to plan for next season, this is a summer when we should be a lot more stable in terms of squad and management. It should be about giving AA his budget, season ticket sales, BTB organisation and then enjoying a steady summer (unless we actually managed play-off and promotion which would present a few new challenges).

JE93
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by JE93 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:37 pm
Being greedy I'd like us to keep everyone, because no one who has been fit for any length of time has let us down.

I think Trotman will likely move on as there is bound to be a more local club interested.

I think, sadly, that we will release Holness who I think is a fine player. But as with Bascombe, he has happened to be here when we've got Wheatley and Hatfield. But having said that we could lose one or both of those so maybe Omar still is in with a shout.

I don't think we'll pursue Connell because although he's decent enough, he's 34 and Elliott has proven himself to be as good if not better.

Sign a right back to replace Trotman or keep playing Hedley there. If we do sign a right back then Hedley can try and compete for a midfield place as well as at right back.

Sign Adam Boyes.

Hopefully Atkinson and Holmes will be fully fit and show why AA rates them so highly - could be potentially like having 2 new signings.

That should do, I don't think we should have too much movement in or out TBH, because the current squad - especially if all fit - is good enough to be challenging top 7.
Pretty much bang on there ghost. Think Trotman will go somewhere more local. And depending what wage he's on it might not be the worst thing. Think he is a brilliant player but haven't watched our results this season and thought 'with a better RB we'd have won that game'.

Hedley is an interesting one. 1v1 he's a really good defender, wins a lot of his personal duels. You can see it's still not a position hes experienced in, gets caught narrow a bit and can't quite match what Trotman has going forwards. But certainly lots of got traits to work with. Think your point on him at CM is valid too. He played there second half Gloucester away and looked far from out of place.

Thinking from a purely budget perspective I'd be happy to start next season with Elliott and Cameron Hall as our keepers, I also think we need to lose a wide player. Donawa, Thompson, Holmes, Rivers and Bell. With Campbell able to fill in there as well. If that was the difference between us being able to add an additional striker and not, then it's a sacrifice I'd make.

As such my outs would be:
- Connell (end of loan)
- Ainge
- Trotman
- Holmes / Thompson (although could depend on Donawa being sold?)

Something like that would give us decent squad and positional cover with the likes of Hedley, Atkinson and Reid able to play multiple positions.
GK: Elliott, Hall
RB: Hedley, Atkinson
LB: Liddle, Watson
CB: Storey, Liang, Galbraith, Reid
CM: Hatfield, Wheatley, Holness, Atkinson, Hedley
Wide: Donawa, Rivers, T'son or Holmes, Bell, Campbell
FWD: Campbell, Reid, New CF

Lallacab
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Lallacab » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:36 pm

I think we will see Connell , Elliott , Trotman and Wheatley leave , with reduced terms offered to Galbraith and Thompson

I wouldn’t mind us trying to sign Jordan Hunter from Sunderland (currently on loan at South Shields) at right back. I’d also think about signing Hemming on loan from Boro as our keeper

e4sby
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by e4sby » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Lallacab wrote:I think we will see Connell , Elliott , Trotman and Wheatley leave , with reduced terms offered to Galbraith and Thompson

I wouldn’t mind us trying to sign Jordan Hunter from Sunderland (currently on loan at South Shields) at right back. I’d also think about signing Hemming on loan from Boro as our keeper
I agree with this with the addition of Donowa who will probably get signed in close season.

Expect clubs higher up to be in for Wheatley and Trotman

Expect AA to be in for a new keeper and if a certain striker becomes available at York I expect AA to go all out for him


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MCFCDarlo3
Posts: 723
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Location: Manchester

Re: Retention for next year

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:18 pm

I think we need a big ugly experienced CB if we want to go up. Liangs the one to make way.

Still think Thomos got another year in him and thought Donawa would be bought by someone further up the leagues but hes not in the best form atm so that might scupper that.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11793
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Spyman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 pm

If we can get someone like Boyes in for Ainge that would be good business.

Then I'd say it's just about retaining as much of the squad as we can and upgrade a couple of positions if the right player becomes available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by jjljks » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:20 am

Who is this Liang bloke that people mention?
Sounds like a Chinese international.

lo36789
Posts: 8415
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Retention for next year

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:52 am

I don't really know who is available in the mark a la Hatfield that we could pull in so it's hard to discuss retention.

Where do I think we are weakest at the moment still up top and probably at right back (without Trotman).

Trotman resolves RB and then probably makes CB the next area "for improvement"

Is keep what we have until we find better a legitimate view on retention?

Not sure why players need to go on reduced terms. If we get our portion of Ainge salary and I suspect Connell salary (he's still on loan) off the books I don't see why we need to make cuts elsewhere. The AGM will perhaps hold the answers on that one.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:35 am

lo36789 wrote:I don't really know who is available in the mark a la Hatfield that we could pull in so it's hard to discuss retention.

Where do I think we are weakest at the moment still up top and probably at right back (without Trotman).

Trotman resolves RB and then probably makes CB the next area "for improvement"

Is keep what we have until we find better a legitimate view on retention?

Not sure why players need to go on reduced terms. If we get our portion of Ainge salary and I suspect Connell salary (he's still on loan) off the books I don't see why we need to make cuts elsewhere. The AGM will perhaps hold the answers on that one.
Re your last point, I imagine it’s because a) it fits in with AA recruitment policy and b) it reflects their perceived loss of ability due to aging.

Not saying I agree with the last point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13047
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by divas » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:52 am

Not sure why players need to go on reduced terms. If we get our portion of Ainge salary and I suspect Connell salary (he's still on loan) off the books I don't see why we need to make cuts elsewhere. The AGM will perhaps hold the answers on that one.
Because it’s a well known fact that we exceeded the original playing budget set to bring in the likes of Hedley, Storey, Connell and Martin after the cup run. Since we’re not guaranteed that revenue next season I expect we’ll need to reduce the playing budget from what it is currently to somewhere near where it was at the beginning of the season.

lo36789
Posts: 8415
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Retention for next year

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 am

divas wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 am
Because it’s a well known fact that we exceeded the original playing budget set to bring in the likes of Hedley, Storey, Connell and Martin after the cup run.
But two of them are loans so the liability doesn't extend to next season. So we just spent the extra money this season but it is time bound.

The others were to cover injuries that we have which assuming when they return we will go back to "as planned". I don't see that we would expect to carry 4 or 5 more players than we need to start the season - we will react to injuries as appropriate and within budget next season.

m62exile
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by m62exile » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 am

Trotman is an interesting one - was our best player by a country mile last season. Obviously he might have other priorities now but it’s easy to forget just how good he was last year in a pretty crap team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13047
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by divas » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 am
divas wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 am
Because it’s a well known fact that we exceeded the original playing budget set to bring in the likes of Hedley, Storey, Connell and Martin after the cup run.
But two of them are loans so the liability doesn't extend to next season. So we just spent the extra money this season but it is time bound.

The others were to cover injuries that we have which assuming when they return we will go back to "as planned". I don't see that we would expect to carry 4 or 5 more players than we need to start the season - we will react to injuries as appropriate and within budget next season.
So you’re saying we do need to lose more players in the summer then contrary to your original post?

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2953
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am

jjljks wrote:Who is this Liang bloke that people mention?
Sounds like a Chinese international.
Yeah and Thomos??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk



User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4295
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Retention for next year

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:02 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am
jjljks wrote:Who is this Liang bloke that people mention?
Sounds like a Chinese international.
Yeah and Thomos??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Thomos is Thommo.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

lo36789
Posts: 8415
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Retention for next year

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:26 pm

divas wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 am
lo36789 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 am
divas wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 am
Because it’s a well known fact that we exceeded the original playing budget set to bring in the likes of Hedley, Storey, Connell and Martin after the cup run.
But two of them are loans so the liability doesn't extend to next season. So we just spent the extra money this season but it is time bound.

The others were to cover injuries that we have which assuming when they return we will go back to "as planned". I don't see that we would expect to carry 4 or 5 more players than we need to start the season - we will react to injuries as appropriate and within budget next season.
So you’re saying we do need to lose more players in the summer then contrary to your original post?
Sorry there's an asterisks "keep what we have*"

*This excludes who are only our players on a temporary basis so aren't contracted to use currently.

I'm not sure I see it as "losing players" we will have the same net amount of available players referencing those who are just covering injuries using funds which have been earned this season.

Ainge / Hedley
Bascombe / Storey
Martin (on loan)
Connell (on loan)
Last edited by lo36789 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply