Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

AndyPark
Posts: 11540
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:47 pm


banktopp
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by banktopp » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:59 pm

Anyone know a good solicitor in Spennymoor who can get these boys off these malicious accusations ?

lo36789
Posts: 8481
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:33 pm

The fact they have the specific number of bets placed suggests they have done it from their own online betting account which is a bit thick.

JasonDeVos
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:55 pm

Nothing to see here. They are innocent. Poor boys did not know they could not gamble..,,

Typical spenny response in the report. Never can just put their hands up and say ‘we did something wrong- sorry’.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:01 pm

banktopp wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:59 pm
Anyone know a good solicitor in Spennymoor who can get these boys off these malicious accusations ?
:lol:
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:03 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:55 pm
Nothing to see here. They are innocent. Poor boys did not know they could not gamble..,,

Typical spenny response in the report. Never can just put their hands up and say ‘we did something wrong- sorry’.
Have they managed to blame Darlo fans yet?
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5683
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Stoddart’s fault it seems because he reported it.

Even though the club have commented in the article.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:07 pm

Adam Boyes placed over 2,000 bets, I'm thinking that there could be a lengthy ban there. I suppose that's what happens when you're sat on the bench for 2 years and are on good money - get bored, start gambling.

I fancied that we might go for him over the summer, could be in a bit of jeopardy now depending on what sorts of punishments are handed out.
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

JasonDeVos
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:07 pm
Adam Boyes placed over 2,000 bets, I'm thinking that there could be a lengthy ban there. I suppose that's what happens when you're sat on the bench for 2 years and are on good money - get bored, start gambling.

I fancied that we might go for him over the summer, could be in a bit of jeopardy now depending on what sorts of punishments are handed out.
But he did not know he could not gamble. Have you not read the spennymoor statement???

Did not know bookies accepted vibes as payment?

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:26 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:07 pm
Adam Boyes placed over 2,000 bets, I'm thinking that there could be a lengthy ban there. I suppose that's what happens when you're sat on the bench for 2 years and are on good money - get bored, start gambling.

I fancied that we might go for him over the summer, could be in a bit of jeopardy now depending on what sorts of punishments are handed out.
But he did not know he could not gamble. Have you not read the spennymoor statement???

Did not know bookies accepted vibes as payment?
Of course, vibes are one of the many crypto currencies.

Talking of vibes, what happened to the original vibe master Tom Craddock who snubbed Darlo for said vibes? He mentioned the V word and was hardly ever seen again?
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5683
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 pm

Craddock is a teacher at Carmel now, or was at the start of the year.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:45 pm

It couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of lads.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

bga
Posts: 1358
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by bga » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:56 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:33 pm
The fact they have the specific number of bets placed suggests they have done it from their own online betting account which is a bit thick.
The Rules have been in place since 2014 as it states in the article. I am sure most Fans are aware of this Rule so yes really really thick Blokes!

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 pm

Will you lot please stop it. My sides are actually hurting. Comedy gold.

m62exile
Posts: 2177
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by m62exile » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Let’s be clear, everybody who plays football knows about these rules, I mean everyone. I don’t care what punishment they get or what they bet on but if their defence is that they didn’t know about it then I’m afraid they are lying. They thought they would get away with it and wouldn’t be caught. Ignorance can’t be used as a defence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 pm
Will you lot please stop it. My sides are actually hurting. Comedy gold.
It sure is funny! To suggest they didn’t know the rules and that they will be educated about betting regulations is utterly unbelievable- I MEAN REALLY?

As banktop says above, send for the learned one, Spen. :D :D :D
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

JasonDeVos
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:16 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:08 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 pm
Will you lot please stop it. My sides are actually hurting. Comedy gold.
It sure is funny! To suggest they didn’t know the rules and that they will be educated about betting regulations is utterly unbelievable- I MEAN REALLY?

As banktop says above, send for the learned one, Spen. :D :D :D
Boyes hardly broke the rules - only 2786 bets.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:23 pm

They will now be known as The Pride of Bet365. Bit ironic that one of them who needed "educating" is a maths teacher.... and I see his betting record even eclipsed his sizeable goalscoring feats.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:24 pm

“Spennymoor place bets everywhere they go
Spennymoor place bets everywhere they go
Everywhere they go”
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1970
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:19 pm

LoidLucan wrote:They will now be known as The Pride of Bet365. Bit ironic that one of them who needed "educating" is a maths teacher.... and I see his betting record even eclipsed his sizeable goalscoring feats.
Wonder if they now withdraw the “Pride” on their official website.Ainsley must be a worried man if Taylor receives a ban.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoidLucan
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:23 pm

I'd put money on the "Pride" title remaining :D

lo36789
Posts: 8481
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:59 pm

m62exile wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:05 pm
Let’s be clear, everybody who plays football knows about these rules, I mean everyone. I don’t care what punishment they get or what they bet on but if their defence is that they didn’t know about it then I’m afraid they are lying. They thought they would get away with it and wouldn’t be caught. Ignorance can’t be used as a defence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There have been posters up in every single matchday changing room and training ground changing room (where applicable) since the ruling came in.

So unless Spennymoor equally aren't a meeting rules on that particular communication then the players knew.

There are two daft elements to it. It's such a loose concept that those involved in football at step 7 and above can influence things in other leagues and at the very top of football but even more daft it should really have been an impossible rule to police. How hard is it to just use an account in someone else's name.

biccynana
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by biccynana » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:01 pm

Since being made aware, the club has completed a programme of education for all of its staff, volunteers and players with the support of the FA.
Wow, a 'programme of education'. Rather overblown approach, isn't it, when the rule is as simple as "you are not allowed to bet on any football, anywhere in the world."

More vibes than sense, clearly.

Can't wait for polarbear's take on this.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 pm

Our Tez likes a bet, more on the I'd say and so did Browny

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Darlo Dodger
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Darlo Dodger » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:28 pm

biccynana wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:01 pm
Since being made aware, the club has completed a programme of education for all of its staff, volunteers and players with the support of the FA.
Wow, a 'programme of education'. Rather overblown approach, isn't it, when the rule is as simple as "you are not allowed to bet on any football, anywhere in the world."

More vibes than sense, clearly.

Can't wait for polarbear's take on this.
Indeed.

The training course to deliver this “programme of education” really shouldn’t take up too much time. The PFA web site summarises it pretty succinctly:

“ Put simply the main message for players is: 'You are not allowed to place ANY bet on ANY football, ANYWHERE.'”

https://www.thepfa.com/players/betting/dont-bet-on-it

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Can the players involved read?
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12771
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:40 am

Where's Polar Bear when you want him to make an appearance. :D

lo36789
Posts: 8481
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:24 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 pm
Our Tez likes a bet, more on the ImageImage I'd say and so did Browny

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I remember Brown once posted a tweet which basically said he was waiting on a team for his accumulator or similar - someone commented that he wasn't allowed to bet and be responded along the lines of it was his partners bet not his...but don't remember seeing him making similar posts again after that.

I suspect a lot of players still have bets on PL / FL games they just do it with am ounce of sense so that it can't be proven in volume back to them.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 am

The response to this from Spendy fans is incredible.
Remember, the players have all admitted to it.

I’m paraphrasing here but they’re along the lines of: “Leave them alone, it’s only a bet”,
“Other players will do it so it’s fine”,
“How dare you even report this?”

And my favourite is the guy claiming Darlo players will have done it too - absolutely obsessed with us.

They simply can never hold their hands up and admit they’ve got it wrong.

Spenny are such a backward, paranoid, insular little club.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting offences

Post by jjljks » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:14 am

Please change the thread title to:
Spennymoor Players - Charged with betting on fences (collapsing)

Post Reply