Season VOIDED

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
Darlo_CR
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Season VOIDED

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:10 pm

For all clubs below the National League level.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/mar/26/n ... ate-260320

User avatar
Makka Pakka
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm

No derby with South Shields next season then.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm
No derby with South Shields next season then.
But derbies with Blyth & York, which is great. I'd imagine Kings Lynn will feel gutted, especially as there owner is likely too turn off the financial taps.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:37 pm

The chairman is gutted after spending a stack of cash on the squad to get Shields up this season and now threatening legal action. I don't think he'll get anywhere with that.

bga
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by bga » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm
Makka Pakka wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm
No derby with South Shields next season then.
But derbies with Blyth & York, which is great. I'd imagine Kings Lynn will feel gutted, especially as there owner is likely too turn off the financial taps.
Erm.... have I misread this our league has not been voided yet has it?

al_quaker
Posts: 5530
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:45 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:37 pm
The chairman is gutted after spending a stack of cash on the squad to get Shields up this season and now threatening legal action. I don't think he'll get anywhere with that.
Obviously it must be frustrating if you are close to promotion, but I'd struggle to morally support a club resorting to legal action over this. 1000s of people are dying around the world and economies have been decimated. Get some perspective and move on

lo36789
Posts: 8427
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:47 pm

bga wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:44 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm
Makka Pakka wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm
No derby with South Shields next season then.
But derbies with Blyth & York, which is great. I'd imagine Kings Lynn will feel gutted, especially as there owner is likely too turn off the financial taps.
Erm.... have I misread this our league has not been voided yet has it?
Pete is just being Pete

en passant
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by en passant » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:51 pm

No just Darlo Pete getting ahead of himself. As it stands we are still in line to play to a finish. But it still seems likely that all non league football will go the same way.

bga
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by bga » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:52 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:47 pm
bga wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:44 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm
Makka Pakka wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm
No derby with South Shields next season then.
But derbies with Blyth & York, which is great. I'd imagine Kings Lynn will feel gutted, especially as there owner is likely too turn off the financial taps.
Erm.... have I misread this our league has not been voided yet has it?
Pete is just being Pete
Silly me like you say Business as usual!

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12644
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Sorry I thought all non-league football was voided my mistake, still good news for Blyth & Bradford PA.

Old Git
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by Old Git » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Gutting for Shields but agree legal action should not be taken in the current situation. Will be a test for their backer after all he has put in but needs to see the bigger picture.
Expect our league will likely follow suit but we will have to wait and see.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:12 pm

However this was decided there was always going to be winners and losers but it must be particularly gut-wrenching to be 12 points clear at the top and have it all taken away.

lo36789
Posts: 8427
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Imagine being the teams who have already won promotion.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Sorry I thought all non-league football was voided my mistake, still good news for Blyth & Bradford PA.
Apparently it's not as straight forward as they have not decided about relegation yet... But what will they do because no one is going up.. CrazyImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4315
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm
Makka Pakka wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm
No derby with South Shields next season then.
But derbies with Blyth & York, which is great. I'd imagine Kings Lynn will feel gutted, especially as there owner is likely too turn off the financial taps.
Pete - THEIR owner is likely TO turn off the financial taps.

You will send the Ghost potty.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

darlo reborn
Posts: 1359
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:24 pm

One team down south had won all of their games and clinched promotion weeks ago but all null and void now

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:25 pm

darlo reborn wrote:One team down south had won all of their games and clinched promotion weeks ago but all null and void now
Vauxhall Motors won there league with 7 games to play... Gutting

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk



karlo-cardiff
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:16 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by karlo-cardiff » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:34 pm

Risborough Rangers are unbeaten and need 1 more point to win the league to gain promotion to what would have been their highest position in their history

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk


jjljks
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Surely because of Bury FC going out of business, Barrow should take that vacancy?
Probably a few more 'holes' will appear in the pyramid before this plague is over.

JABWootton
Posts: 614
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:25 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by JABWootton » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Probably quite a few legal challenges before this gets sorted

lo36789
Posts: 8427
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Who can they challenge though? The FA have made the decision - the FA write the rules and provide the licenses to play basically.

Leagues have made it quite clear it wasn't their call and based on clubs response on twitter the reported "consensus" isn't quite reflected.

onewayup
Posts: 1769
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm

I have always thought that this was the only fair option for all ,some owners may want to take their frustration out by going through the judicial route but they will be wasting time and money that could help them next season, as I said before, everyone teams management's and fans can now look forward to next season with plenty of time ,hopefully this dreadful virus will be a thing of the past by the time everyone is ready for the new season, sad for some but that's the hand the world has been dealt at the moment.

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by TKOA » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 pm

I bet Jersey Bulls are gutted, they’ve won all 27 matches and are already promoted!

Agree with jjljks would like to see Barrow take Burys place in the football league. I have a soft spot for them as I’m sure we all have for obvious reasons. I’m sure Harrogate would have a few things to say about that though!

spen666
Posts: 1712
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by spen666 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm
I have always thought that this was the only fair option for all ,.....
Not sure how this is fair on teams who have won their league or like Liverpool in Premiership are virtually certain to win the league.

The judicial challenge will I guess centre on the season being 75% complete it is not fair on teams to scrap all promotion and relegation at this stage. That leaves a different question of how promotion and relgation is to be decided.


If the records are to be expunged, then for Darlington, Thompson is not the club record goalscorer. Other players will be similarly affected at various other clubs

onewayup
Posts: 1769
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:04 am

Life , save life,s and do what is asked of you stay indoors unless absolutely necessary to go out.
Contact must be kept to minimum, stay 2 meters away keep your distance KEEP YOUR LIFE.

comeondarlo
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:42 am

spen666 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 pm
onewayup wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm
I have always thought that this was the only fair option for all ,.....
Not sure how this is fair on teams who have won their league or like Liverpool in Premiership are virtually certain to win the league.

The judicial challenge will I guess centre on the season being 75% complete it is not fair on teams to scrap all promotion and relegation at this stage. That leaves a different question of how promotion and relgation is to be decided.


If the records are to be expunged, then for Darlington, Thompson is not the club record goalscorer. Other players will be similarly affected at various other clubs
Spen is spot on here. Once this is all over there will be legal action, simply declaring a season null and void is out of order.
Where’s the common sense!

onewayup
Posts: 1769
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:09 am

So people losing their lifes isn't , get a grip this is a threat to mankind. Give me strength.

comeondarlo
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46 am

onewayup wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:09 am
So people losing their lifes isn't , get a grip this is a threat to mankind. Give me strength.
Lol, voiding a season saves lives!
Give you common sense would be a better phrase

onewayup
Posts: 1769
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 am

Yes it does at this present time,

comeondarlo
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

onewayup wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 am
Yes it does at this present time,
The season was suspended! How does voiding the season now save lives?
Give him common sense......

Post Reply