National League thanks Premier League

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

National League thanks Premier League

Post by Old Git » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:47 pm

So the Premier League has advanced it’s payment of £125 million to EFL and NL clubs to ease the financial burden at the present time. It has been reported elsewhere that we will receive a grand total of £13,000 from this. It would be interesting to know how this is divided up as if the reported 13k is correct it seems a pretty paltry amount. Works out at about 0.1% if my maths is correct.
I would expect the Championship and League 1&2 clubs would receive the lion’s share but really 0.1% and we have to express our undying gratitude!
Well thanks a bunch we are very grateful for your kindness and we grovel most appreciatively at your feet. Is that Ok ?

divas

Re: National League thanks Premier League

Post by divas » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:58 pm

£2m is the payment that filters down to the 3 national leagues, split by 60 odd clubs so obviously doesn’t go very far. £30K per club if split equally which it isn’t as the north and south divisions get significantly less. £13,600 is our share.

Also as stated it’s an advance so whilst it will go some small way to helping cash flow it’s hardly a solution. We’ve raised almost as much from fans chipping in £10 here and there

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:36 am

That's £27,150 for each NL club and this is only an advance.

Thanks EPL. We're ever so grateful and your generosity knows no bounds!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:45 am

I didn't even realise that the solidarity payments reached the national league until this news broke. Obviously it's not a huge value, but if it helps our cash flow then it's good (although borrowing from future income is not really an ideal thing). The Premier League didn't have to do it, so I think the thanks from the National League are appropriate - it may help some clubs to survive the summer when otherwise they would not.

Budget setting for next season must be nigh on impossible - no idea when it'll start, no idea the impact on sponsorship, no idea the impact on attendances, and some future income being spent to get through this period

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:38 am

al_quaker wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:45 am
I didn't even realise that the solidarity payments reached the national league until this news broke. Obviously it's not a huge value, but if it helps our cash flow then it's good (although borrowing from future income is not really an ideal thing). The Premier League didn't have to do it, so I think the thanks from the National League are appropriate - it may help some clubs to survive the summer when otherwise they would not.

Budget setting for next season must be nigh on impossible - no idea when it'll start, no idea the impact on sponsorship, no idea the impact on attendances, and some future income being spent to get through this period
Oh lord make us ever so thankful for the crumbs we receive from the mighty Premiership table . Thank you 🙏

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:39 am

Old Git wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:38 am
al_quaker wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:45 am

Oh lord make us ever so thankful for the crumbs we receive from the mighty Premiership table . Thank you 🙏
:crazy: