Polish announcement

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wizardofos
Team Supported: Darlington

Polish announcement

Post by wizardofos » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:30 pm

Poland have just announced no mass gatherings in 2020.
Anyone hoping for a resumption in the UK this year will, I think, be disappointed.

edit: I have re-read the release on a Polish website and the Google translation is "loose" to say the least. May not be correct but looks like it.

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Polish announcement

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Do we live in Poland...I'm confused🤔 Also it doesn't say anywhere all of 2020 just its cancelling mass gatherings for now

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:30 pm

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/87884 ... imsRC0cG28

I don't know if the link will work. The article is referring to Zuzel (Speedway) but also refers to mass gatherings in general. It's worth noting that the average attendance in the Extraleague is higher than the top football league, so it's quite important there.
Of course we may do something different here but it's a worrying pointer if a country that appears to have come through Covid better than most (so far) decide to take this step.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:36 pm

I don’t think it’ll be far wrong. I can’t see how you can have social gatherings of more than a handful before a vaccine is available. I’m sure football will be played before then but it won’t be in front of fans, at least not in person anyway.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:57 pm

divas wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:36 pm
I don’t think it’ll be far wrong. I can’t see how you can have social gatherings of more than a handful before a vaccine is available. I’m sure football will be played before then but it won’t be in front of fans, at least not in person anyway.
I said this a fortnight ago and was mocked for it this is what I was trying to say after all the sacrifices people have made I can't see the government wanting coach loads of football supporters traveling up and down the country spreading germs about.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:18 pm

I thought the announcement was regarding poolie changing their polish supplier for their trophy cabinet!!! :lol: