BTB

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

BTB

Post by onewayup » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:11 pm

I think we need to start thinking about our boost the budget as it will be a large part of retaining the players alun wants, hopefully we will know in the next two/three weeks which way this season will end, i personally don't think we're going to see football till around September ,people who are vulnerable won't go to games until they are convinced that they are safe in doing so, it's not looking good at all with death rates still rising.
We must all stay at home stay safe and keep to a minimum any going out ,and social distance as a norm
The sooner people adhere to the rules the sooner this will be over.
STAY SAFE STAY HOME. PEOPLE.

Quaker85

Re: BTB

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 pm

I’m sure the club has got it covered. The current scheme runs until June anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 pm

It will launch in May, I presume as early as possible.

This was mentioned on the podcast by Johnston.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:28 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 pm
It will launch in May, I presume as early as possible.

This was mentioned on the podcast by Johnston.
Was launched on May 1st last year, expect a similar date this year.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:54 am

Its difficult for any club to plan for next season when they still do not know whether there is anymore of this season to take place , nor is it clear when next season will take place.

I have huge sympathy with those running any football club, especially at the present time. Whether be it from a finance point of view, or even from trying to sign up new players. Its very hard and next season may produce some very different looking squads and very different looking budgets.

Its got to be hard for fans to commit to donating regularly to their clubs funds when they themselves do not know what the future for their own employment will be.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:11 am

spen666 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:54 am

Its got to be hard for fans to commit to donating regularly to their clubs funds when they themselves do not know what the future for their own employment will be.
Similar for those clubs running at a loss but financed by a wealthy businessman when they don't know the impact of Covid on their businesses will be. Hartlepool, for example, seem to be cutting costs to the bone and will be relying more on volunteer staff going forwards.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 am

will fans be able to afford as much this summer with many on furlough or financially unstable themselves?

divas

Post by divas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 am

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 am
will fans be able to afford as much this summer with many on furlough or financially unstable themselves?
The simple answer will be no. I expect BTB will drop this year as a result the, difficult part is predicting how much.

Playing budgets will be down across the board meaning players at most clubs will ultimately be paid less next season. Luckily we don’t have any long, expensive contracts to fulfil like some clubs in the divisions above

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:47 am

divas wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 am
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
The simple answer will be no. I expect BTB will drop this year as a result the difficult part is predicting how much.

Playing budgets will be down across the board meaning players at most clubs will ultimately be paid less next season. Luckily we don’t have any long, expensive contracts to fulfil like some clubs in the divisions above
Also nearly all clubs will be cutting wages & I'd expect that players won't be able to command the sort of wages they used to get. So yes our playing budget will be cut, but the money raised will go much further than previous years.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 am

I’m going to wait to see whether I have a job come June/July on whether I contribute this season also with everything up in the air going to also wait to see what management and playing staff we have in place for the new season. Just surviving next season might be the main goal.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:21 pm

There'll be a tightening of the belt all round. I see that Raj Singh is indicating that "under a new structure there will be a significant need for volunteers to supplement the club employees in both the day to day running of the club and on match days."

Oh dear, sounds to me like he's getting the football club jitters again as times get hard for the Hangers. Apparently "Mr Singh has invested significantly more than he ever expected and now is the time to bring the cost base down to a level at which he is comfortable moving forward." Gulp....
Last edited by LoidLucan on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 am
I’m going to wait to see whether I have a job come June/July on whether I contribute this season also with everything up in the air going to also wait to see what management and playing staff we have in place for the new season. Just surviving next season might be the main goal.
that is the harsh reality and hope you do have a job reducing your stress and worry. positive energy heading your way

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:28 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:21 pm
There'll be a tightening of the belt all round. I see that Raj Singh is indicating that "under a new structure there will be a significant need for volunteers to supplement the club employees in both the day to day running of the club and on match days."

Oh dear, sounds to me like he's getting the football club jitters again as times get hard for the Hangers. Apparently "Mr Singh has invested significantly more than he ever expected and now is the time to bring the cost base down to a level at which he is comfortable moving forward." Gulp....
Tough times ahead at Pools as well as many others but this looks like Raj is not wasting his chance to cut costs to the bone. They will be moving towards a volunteer system to carry out match day duties. In a way we are ahead of the game on this so lets hope we are in decent shape to withstand the difficulties of the present time. At least the decision to cancel the rest of the season should allow us plan better for next season whenever that is. Expect our playing budget for next season to be reduced but we will not be alone on that.
In Alun Armstrong we have a manager who has proven ability to produce competitive teams on a tight budget. We also have the basis of a decent squad of players and even if we reduce that a little we should still have a decent team. Very few teams at our level are going to be splashing cash around on new players so hopefully we will be able to hold on to our best players.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:54 pm

LoidLucan wrote:

The costs he will be landed with at his care homes due to the virus will hit him hard too. His property developments will all be on hold too costing him even more money.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:59 pm

LoidLucan wrote:

Preferable to just running away from things as he did at Darlo

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Rather than slag Ra, off when most managers are looking to take a pay drop perhaps we need to look at managers looking for a salary increase for next season!!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:33 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:03 pm
Rather than slag Ra, off when most managers are looking to take a pay drop perhaps we need to look at managers looking for a salary increase for next season!!
which managers are looking for a salary increase?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:14 pm

quakersfan wrote:Rather than slag Ra, off when most managers are looking to take a pay drop perhaps we need to look at managers looking for a salary increase for next season!!
God you talk some shite

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:22 am

divas wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
The simple answer will be no. I expect BTB will drop this year as a result the, difficult part is predicting how much.

Any idea on how many players we have under contract for next season, if any?

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:55 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:33 pm
quakersfan wrote:
It was an article I think in the Daily Mail online last week about agents looking at the current situation to move people around.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:44 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:33 pm
quakersfan wrote:
Challinor will be on a fair whack considering he was on £3k a week at Fylde

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:00 pm

And you know that as fact??

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:25 am

divas wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:

As this crisis develops, it starts to be possible that football with crowds attending may not restart in August. If for example there are no games this year, then the future landscape of football will be very different. Indeed, I wonder how many clubs will not be able to continue either at their current level or indeed at all.

This current situation is going to change the economic and sporting landscape for all of us. I wonder how many clubs will be pushed over the edge if they can't restart in August? One advantage Darlington have is that they don't rely on income from functions and beer sales at a clubhouse. For many clubs, that is what keeps them alive

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:34 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:25 am
divas wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:

As this crisis develops, it starts to be possible that football with crowds attending may not restart in August. If for example there are no games this year, then the future landscape of football will be very different. Indeed, I wonder how many clubs will not be able to continue either at their current level or indeed at all.

This current situation is going to change the economic and sporting landscape for all of us. I wonder how many clubs will be pushed over the edge if they can't restart in August? One advantage Darlington have is that they don't rely on income from functions and beer sales at a clubhouse. For many clubs, that is what keeps them alive

Any club that has a Tavern, Sports Bar and a Marquee may be hit as you described. Someone maybe needed to make up the downfall.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:05 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
spen666 wrote:
divas wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:

Any club that has a Tavern, Sports Bar and a Marquee may be hit as you described. Someone maybe needed to make up the downfall.
The fans will rally around no doubt

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:15 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:05 pm
JasonDeVos wrote:
spen666 wrote:
divas wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:

The fans will rally around no doubt

if their personal circumstances allow - they may be on furlough or out of work too.