Fanbase

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Fanbase

Post by onewayup » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:07 am

How do we keep new fans that bought half season tickets at Christmas on board these people only got to 3 games and paid £80-£100 ,just one problem to sort there are a hell of alot of juggling to to try and keep everyone happy, I will be investing into BTB no matter how long it takes to get the football going again at blackwell, I'm, one that is lucky enough to ,others are unfortunately unable to for various reasons and I feel for them, keep your chins up ,,keep smiling, stay safe and hopefully we will get back to some sort of normality in the coming months.

divas

Re: Fanbase

Post by divas » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am

No one bought half season tickets because we don’t sell them ;)

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:29 am

divas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am
No one bought half season tickets because we don’t sell them.
:lol:

There is an interesting point about what football clubs do for season ticket holders who have paid for games that aren't now going to be played. One of a multitude of problems all clubs are going to be facing over the coming weeks and months.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:33 am

The club are looking at this for everyone who holds any sort of season / flexi / pay monthly ticket now that confirmation has been given that the season has now finished.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:42 am

No refund or credit note required here. I'm not allowed out to spend it anyway, so OUR club needs it more than I do. :roll:

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:43 am

The club may have to contact all season ticket holders to offer a refund or an extension.
Hopefully many of our fans would waive this opportunity and simply right off the money paid for the good of the club.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:01 am

"Hopefully" Old Git but some fans won't be able to do this, they simply won't be able to afford to - and there should be no stigma involved here either as all contributions in any way should always be voluntary.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:26 am

divas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:33 am
The club are looking at this for everyone who holds any sort of season / flexi / pay monthly ticket now that confirmation has been given that the season has now finished.
:thumbup:

To be honest, I had no doubt about that considering the people who are invovled at the club :clap:

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:45 am

I wonder how the takeover of our Geordie friends up the road affects our future fan base. A lot of football fans in Darlington and south Durham follow newcastle and they haven’t won a thing in years. If they start winning trophies it’s going to be even harder to attract young fans.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:26 pm

In the Newcastle bandwagon years (late 90s to early 00s) we were doing ok crowd wise. Better than now.

I can’t imagine it’ll make much of a difference, even if they end up being non-rubbish.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 pm

TKOA wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:45 am
I wonder how the takeover of our Geordie friends up the road affects our future fan base. A lot of football fans in Darlington and south Durham follow newcastle and they haven’t won a thing in years. If they start winning trophies it’s going to be even harder to attract young fans.
When I started reading your post I thought you were going to suggest we might get some defections if the takeover goes ahead, which is what I would be considering in the unlikely event that Darlo was taken over by the Saudi royal family.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Well I know of a person who bought a half season ticket at Christmas for a relative , unless it's call something else .divas. it must have been a flexi ticket then.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 pm
TKOA wrote:
When I started reading your post I thought you were going to suggest we might get some defections if the takeover goes ahead, which is what I would be considering in the unlikely event that Darlo was taken over by the Saudi royal family.
That's exactly what I thought too. If this deal goes through it makes the Premier league even more distasteful. YUK.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:46 pm

TKOA wrote:I wonder how the takeover of our Geordie friends up the road affects our future fan base. A lot of football fans in Darlington and south Durham follow newcastle and they haven’t won a thing in years. If they start winning trophies it’s going to be even harder to attract young fans.
Money doesn't guarantee success

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:17 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:46 pm
TKOA wrote:I wonder how the takeover of our Geordie friends up the road affects our future fan base. A lot of football fans in Darlington and south Durham follow newcastle and they haven’t won a thing in years. If they start winning trophies it’s going to be even harder to attract young fans.

It didn't hinder Salford.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 pm

TKOA wrote:
" If they start winning trophies" that is a joke right?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:00 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

It didn't hinder Salford.
When they win the premier league and Fa cup then you can have that, but Sal£ord is different they are not competing with Man City ,liverpool,Chelsea etc

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 pm
TKOA wrote:
I didn’t think of that. I hope that does happen but if social media is anything to go by the majority of their fans couldn’t care less :|

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:28 pm

bga wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 pm
[quote=TKOA post_id=461631 time=<a href="tel:1587642320">1587642320</a> user_id=475]
" If they start winning trophies" that is a joke right?
[/quote]
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

True it doesn’t buy success, I don’t expect them to be winning a title anytime soon but they could certainly win some domestic trophies IF this happens. Before their takeover I’d have said Man City and Newcastle were similar in size.
Alternatively they could end up like QPR when they were taken over and win bugger all.
All guess work of course but I’m hoping it’s the latter. Nothing against them as a club, just the Newcastle fans from our area 😆

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:19 pm

divas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am
No one bought half season tickets because we don’t sell them ;)
the club have sold half season tickets in the past usually around November time.

i have 2 games left on my flexi card which i arent too bothered about although i cant afford to write off the £45 i paid for the end of season event that i paid for.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Quite prepared to give up any refunds on rest of my season ticket provided Thommo gets to keep his 100th goal and next season we get promoted. BTW I have already paid for next season, so I will be watching😉

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:48 pm

jjljks wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:45 pm
Quite prepared to give up any refunds on rest of my season ticket provided Thommo gets to keep his 100th goal and next season we get promoted. BTW I have already paid for next season, so I will be watching😉
"He did score it - we all saw it" I could get some T shirts made.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:13 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:48 pm
jjljks wrote:
"He did score it - we all saw it - AND WE HAVE IT ON YOUTUBE" I could get some T shirts made.
Corrected for you :D :roll:

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:47 am

jjljks wrote:
NWCL have posted on their website that as far as they are concerned, all appearance, goals, attendances, bookings etc this season will be counted in their records. Assuming the NL adopt same policy then the first part of your demands will be met. Not sure the 2nd part can be guaranteed at this stage

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:02 am

The club might well honour some of our flexi tickets for next year. It seems a decent thing to do, and I can't imagine it's a huge amount of people that are affected anyway. Maybe the club might make our opening FA Cup / FA trophy games free for holders of this years season / flexi tickets. It might actually give those games a nice attendance boost. Might as well chuck the country Durham games too, why not

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:20 am

H1987 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:02 am
The club might well honour some of our flexi tickets for next year. It seems a decent thing to do, and I can't imagine it's a huge amount of people that are affected anyway. Maybe the club might make our opening FA Cup / FA trophy games free for holders of this years season / flexi tickets. It might actually give those games a nice attendance boost. Might as well chuck the country Durham games too, why not
That is very unlikely as clubs are not allowed to give free entry where the gate receipts are shared. If a club gave free admission to a cup game, then the club would have to put an amount equivalent to the relevant admission price into the gate receipts itself, that is the normal admission price, not the price per game for a season ticket holder, before the receipts are shared

On a separate note, if the start of next season is delayed, I wonder if there will be a full FA Cup programme, or indeed an FA Trophy at all.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:02 pm

A cup presented to the club with the most distasteful owners perhaps ?

Probably a dead cert for net season and no games required.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:17 pm

The longer this goes on the more confident I am that my prediction of a one off regionalised league comes into fruition. This will.probably mean we only have half a league season anyway. I certainly think it unlikely that a new league season is going to start before at least October given the current circumstances.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:21 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Who's going to pick the winner of that? There would be more nominees than entries for the Grand National. :roll:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:42 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:21 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Who's going to pick the winner of that? There would be more nominees than entries for the Grand National. :roll:
I'll pick the winner. Newcastle Utd!

Job done.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!