Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:15 am

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:09 pm
shildonlad wrote:Mr craig bias stoddart sure got nothing wrong. Has he left the paper
Biased fan accuses reporter of another club of being biased.

You truly are stupid.
And a good morning to you too. Maybe ease off on the red meat, you might be less angry
You know what will happen now shildonlad.On your head be it.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 31, 2020 10:28 am

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:09 pm
shildonlad wrote:Mr craig bias stoddart sure got nothing wrong. Has he left the paper
Biased fan accuses reporter of another club of being biased.

You truly are stupid.
And a good morning to you too. Maybe ease off on the red meat, you might be less angry
I’m not angry, I just dislike you. If I was angry, I’d be having a go at everyone. As it is, I’m targeting you, as you’ve made a particular assertion which has zero evidence to support it.

I’m pointing out that in fact, you’re the biased one, not Craig Stoddart. A journalist writing something you disagree with, or don’t want to hear, doesn’t make them biased.

It’s also strange to accuse someone else of bias, when you yourself are biased.

If you can provide examples to support your assertion that Stoddart is biased, rather than objective, perhaps it will support your case.

Calling someone biased but not having anything to back yourself up would be a stupid thing to do.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun May 31, 2020 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun May 31, 2020 10:32 am

Shildon lad, firstly thanks for editing your post. Secondly, how can fencegate not be about the Brewery Field when that's where it occurred?

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:32 am
Shildon lad, firstly thanks for editing your post. Secondly, how can fencegate not be about the Brewery Field when that's where it occurred?
I thought it could have maybe been about the welfare ground, there former home. So what happened at the brewery field, too many fans leant on the fence?
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 31, 2020 10:50 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:28 am
shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:09 pm
shildonlad wrote:Mr craig bias stoddart sure got nothing wrong. Has he left the paper
Biased fan accuses reporter of another club of being biased.

You truly are stupid.
And a good morning to you too. Maybe ease off on the red meat, you might be less angry
I’m not angry, I just dislike you. If I was angry, I’d be having a go at everyone. As it is, I’m targeting you, as you’ve made a particular assertion which has zero evidence to support it.

I’m pointing out that in fact, you’re the biased one, not Craig Stoddart. A journalist writing something you disagree with, or don’t want to hear, doesn’t make them biased.

It’s also strange to accuse someone else of bias, when you yourself are biased.

If you can provide examples to support your assertion that Stoddart is biased, rather than objective, perhaps it will support your case.

Calling someone biased but not having anything to back yourself up would be a stupid thing to do.
Yeah ok. Whatever you say
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 31, 2020 10:54 am

So no evidence at all. Marvellous, glad to have cleared that one up.

We can conclude that it is in fact you who are biased, as your accusations of bias against Stoddart are nothing more than vexatious smears because he doesn’t say what you want him to say.

Top job shildonlad, pleasure doing business with you.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun May 31, 2020 10:56 am

shildonlad wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:32 am
Shildon lad, firstly thanks for editing your post. Secondly, how can fencegate not be about the Brewery Field when that's where it occurred?
I thought it could have maybe been about the welfare ground, there former home. So what happened at the brewery field, too many fans leant on the fence?
No. The fence should be designed to take a certain weight, if it were concreted in. The fence collapsed because it wasn't concreted in when the crowd surged as there were a lot of fans in that area. Spenny tried to blame it on Darlo hooligans, conveniently ignoring the fact that the fence didn't pass the weight test therefore a safety certificate should not have been issued. This is in black and white in the Ground Grading (or green) guide and is clear evidence.
https://www.raithrovers.net/files/Guide ... rounds.pdf

You can find it all in here. P.24 Diagram 2.2 is a good starting point.

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 31, 2020 3:42 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:56 am
shildonlad wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:32 am
Shildon lad, firstly thanks for editing your post. Secondly, how can fencegate not be about the Brewery Field when that's where it occurred?
I thought it could have maybe been about the welfare ground, there former home. So what happened at the brewery field, too many fans leant on the fence?
No. The fence should be designed to take a certain weight, if it were concreted in. The fence collapsed because it wasn't concreted in when the crowd surged as there were a lot of fans in that area. Spenny tried to blame it on Darlo hooligans, conveniently ignoring the fact that the fence didn't pass the weight test therefore a safety certificate should not have been issued. This is in black and white in the Ground Grading (or green) guide and is clear evidence.
https://www.raithrovers.net/files/Guide ... rounds.pdf

You can find it all in here. P.24 Diagram 2.2 is a good starting point.
I was at the brewery field between xmas and new year for the first time in years and it was a good match day experience, a nice covered shelter behind the goal, canny burger van and enjoyed the clubhouse, there house lager was a bargain but you would think they could at least get the fencing right. The stand does not seem a bad build, better than alot of mecano jobs these days
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 31, 2020 3:42 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:54 am
So no evidence at all. Marvellous, glad to have cleared that one up.

We can conclude that it is in fact you who are biased, as your accusations of bias against Stoddart are nothing more than vexatious smears because he doesn’t say what you want him to say.

Top job shildonlad, pleasure doing business with you.
Apologies i cant get evidence to stoke up the argument ha ha
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Old Git
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Old Git » Sun May 31, 2020 4:07 pm

[/quote]
I was at the brewery field between xmas and new year for the first time in years and it was a good match day experience, a nice covered shelter behind the goal, canny burger van and enjoyed the clubhouse, there house lager was a bargain but you would think they could at least get the fencing right. The stand does not seem a bad build, better than alot of mecano jobs these days
[/quote]

Surprised shildon lad that being such an ardent fan that you attendance at the Brewery Field is so rare but it may explain why Spennymoor are so poorly supported. Your comments on mecano built stands are duly noted but remember that in Darlington’s case it is the fans who raised the money to build their own stand. If Spennymoor had to rely on fans to contribute to developing their ground they would be lucky to raise enough for a wooden hut. Perhaps this hits at the root of your jealousy as you know in your heart that Darlington fans have a connection to their club that you can only dream of.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 31, 2020 6:09 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:54 am
So no evidence at all. Marvellous, glad to have cleared that one up.

We can conclude that it is in fact you who are biased, as your accusations of bias against Stoddart are nothing more than vexatious smears because he doesn’t say what you want him to say.

Top job shildonlad, pleasure doing business with you.
Apologies i cant get evidence to stoke up the argument ha ha
Anyone understand what this means? Anyone?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4459
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 31, 2020 7:46 pm

Shildonlad - to strip things right down for you - the ground improvement fairies didn't do their job properly.

It looked like a nice new fence however it acted like a decrepit old shagged out fence! A fence that was undoubtably dangerous and undeniably "not fit for purpose"
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:18 am

Old Git wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:07 pm
I was at the brewery field between xmas and new year for the first time in years and it was a good match day experience, a nice covered shelter behind the goal, canny burger van and enjoyed the clubhouse, there house lager was a bargain but you would think they could at least get the fencing right. The stand does not seem a bad build, better than alot of mecano jobs these days
[/quote]

Surprised shildon lad that being such an ardent fan that you attendance at the Brewery Field is so rare but it may explain why Spennymoor are so poorly supported. Your comments on mecano built stands are duly noted but remember that in Darlington’s case it is the fans who raised the money to build their own stand. If Spennymoor had to rely on fans to contribute to developing their ground they would be lucky to raise enough for a wooden hut. Perhaps this hits at the root of your jealousy as you know in your heart that Darlington fans have a connection to their club that you can only dream of.
[/quote]
Wrong im part of a part fan owned club and pay my monthly subs. As for spenny been poorly supported must have been over 1000 there when i went
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

al_quaker
Posts: 5576
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:21 am

To be fair, I'd imagine 1000 seems a big crowd for a Gateshead fan

Old Git
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Old Git » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 am

Sorry shildonlad didn’t realise you were a Heed fan. You really have a cheek Gateshead have the most soulless stadium I have ever watched football in. Even Brewery Field and it’s ski slope and folding fencing must seem like heaven to you. Ta Ta please don’t bother replying.

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:41 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 am
Sorry shildonlad didn’t realise you were a Heed fan. You really have a cheek Gateshead have the most soulless stadium I have ever watched football in. Even Brewery Field and it’s ski slope and folding fencing must seem like heaven to you. Ta Ta please don’t bother replying.
At least gateshead stadium has Permanent signs up advertising the matches and the clubs name. It also meets football league standards
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 am

al_quaker wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:21 am
To be fair, I'd imagine 1000 seems a big crowd for a Gateshead fan
Im sure darlington would struggle to get 1000 had they not been in the football league in there previous incarnation
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

AndyPark
Posts: 11557
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 am

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:41 am
Old Git wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 am
Sorry shildonlad didn’t realise you were a Heed fan. You really have a cheek Gateshead have the most soulless stadium I have ever watched football in. Even Brewery Field and it’s ski slope and folding fencing must seem like heaven to you. Ta Ta please don’t bother replying.
At least gateshead stadium has Permanent signs up advertising the matches and the clubs name. It also meets football league standards
:lol: :lol: :lol: You just can’t help yourself can you?

Then you whinge on when people call you out for being a troll.

As for Gateshead being “fan owned”.. I am pretty sure one bloke predominantly had more shares than the supporters trust.. Sure your manager even has shares in the club, you’re not reliant on fans at all because you’ve got next to no fans watching football on that athletics pitch.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:49 am

Yet Gateshead were a football league club for years. Don't you even know their history?

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:57 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:49 am
Yet Gateshead were a football league club for years. Don't you even know their history?
Not the current incarnation. They only formed in 1977 and have never made the football league, however they have come closer than darlington
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:00 am

AndyPark wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 am
shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:41 am
Old Git wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 am
Sorry shildonlad didn’t realise you were a Heed fan. You really have a cheek Gateshead have the most soulless stadium I have ever watched football in. Even Brewery Field and it’s ski slope and folding fencing must seem like heaven to you. Ta Ta please don’t bother replying.
At least gateshead stadium has Permanent signs up advertising the matches and the clubs name. It also meets football league standards
:lol: :lol: :lol: You just can’t help yourself can you?

Then you whinge on when people call you out for being a troll.

As for Gateshead being “fan owned”.. I am pretty sure one bloke predominantly had more shares than the supporters trust.. Sure your manager even has shares in the club, you’re not reliant on fans at all because you’ve got next to no fans watching football on that athletics pitch.
What on earth, mike williamson does not have shares, thats a myth. The club is owned by a consortium, 20% fans and the rest by 4 other local business men. I hope that answers your queries
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

al_quaker
Posts: 5576
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:04 am

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 am
al_quaker wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:21 am
To be fair, I'd imagine 1000 seems a big crowd for a Gateshead fan
Im sure darlington would struggle to get 1000 had they not been in the football league in there previous incarnation
:lol: 3/10 for effort, 1/10 for execution

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:34 am

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:57 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:49 am
Yet Gateshead were a football league club for years. Don't you even know their history?
Not the current incarnation. They only formed in 1977 and have never made the football league, however they have come closer than darlington
You said about Darlington being in the league in their PREVIOUS incarnation. Clearly I was talking about Gateshead in their previous incarnation too.

RustyAngel
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:05 am
Team Supported: Gateshead

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by RustyAngel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am

Another Gateshead fan in peace here...

Although I appreciate shildonlad trying to fly the flag for us I don't think the tone he uses or the way things are worded helps himself at all. Personally don't know why he comments on Darlo matters so much but hey ho!

Just to clarify a few myths. First of all Mike Williamson doesn't have any involvement in our shareholding or ownership in the club, it was a bizzare made up statement last season as things were being finalised to save us and was quashed straight away from Mike himself. Our full investors can be found on the listing on companies house there's no hiding anything.

Our ownership is different it's not fan owned fully because a club of our size (and we know our limitations with the size of our club due to various reasons) couldn't fully sustain at this level. Most fans would love to be in the situation you's are in now but I think we have the best of what we can have currently. We are growing in the community and our attendance average would have been at or around the 1000 mark had the season not been curtailed which is good progress given we were 48 hours from ceasing to exist just 12 months ago. That's why supporter led consortium is the term used mainly now.

However we do have a supporters group with many members who pay a fee monthly (I am one of them) and do various fundraisers with shares in the club, the Chairman who's a massive Gateshead fan, currently represents the group at board level to ensure we're an active part of the consortium. This is alongside local fans who we as a fans group are lucky to have as business men from our area. The EGM to finalise the change to ensure we became a legal group to hold the shareholding was meant to be when we played you's at home but that obviously got stumped!

Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club. Both came back from the brink with corrupt ownership and now as fans doing our upmost to ensure we have a control of what goes on at our club, and putting our money where our mouth is.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6237
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by loan_star » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 am

RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club.
Any bad feeling is probably down to the Heed fans who were waving tenners at Darlo fans the last time we met at the arena when we were in the mire financially.
I have no gripe with Gateshead as a club or the fans who didnt turn into piss takers at that match. One other thing I dont like about Gateshead is that stadium that makes the arena feel like the best ground ever built!

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:53 am

loan_star wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 am
RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club.
Any bad feeling is probably down to the Heed fans who were waving tenners at Darlo fans the last time we met at the arena when we were in the mire financially.
I have no gripe with Gateshead as a club or the fans who didnt turn into piss takers at that match. One other thing I dont like about Gateshead is that stadium that makes the arena feel like the best ground ever built!
I certainly dont condone daft gestures like waveing money like what happened at the arena and im sure after what happened to gateshead in the following years it wont happen again
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

RustyAngel
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:05 am
Team Supported: Gateshead

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by RustyAngel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:16 pm

loan_star wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 am
RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club.
Any bad feeling is probably down to the Heed fans who were waving tenners at Darlo fans the last time we met at the arena when we were in the mire financially.
I have no gripe with Gateshead as a club or the fans who didnt turn into piss takers at that match. One other thing I dont like about Gateshead is that stadium that makes the arena feel like the best ground ever built!
Fair enough but that wasn't the majority and let's be honest both sets of supporters have a group of knackers.

The stadium isn't ideal and the away end is rubbish so I can fully see why away fans hate it. But I've been in a lot worse shitholes in non-league and the facilities themselves are well kept. The atmosphere in the home end is decent as we are tightly put together in one area of the stand and it makes a difference.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 731
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:11 pm

RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am

Our ownership is different it's not fan owned fully because a club of our size (and we know our limitations with the size of our club due to various reasons) couldn't fully sustain at this level.
You get crowds of around 1,000, so you could fully sustain at this level if you set your wage budget accordingly.
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 pm

RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:16 pm
loan_star wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 am
RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club.
Any bad feeling is probably down to the Heed fans who were waving tenners at Darlo fans the last time we met at the arena when we were in the mire financially.
I have no gripe with Gateshead as a club or the fans who didnt turn into piss takers at that match. One other thing I dont like about Gateshead is that stadium that makes the arena feel like the best ground ever built!
Fair enough but that wasn't the majority and let's be honest both sets of supporters have a group of knackers.

The stadium isn't ideal and the away end is rubbish so I can fully see why away fans hate it. But I've been in a lot worse shitholes in non-league and the facilities themselves are well kept. The atmosphere in the home end is decent as we are tightly put together in one area of the stand and it makes a difference.
Theres worse grounds which now host football league clubs like grimsby and luton. Alfretons grounds a bit ram shackle too and i think that kettring stadium was done on the cheap, seen better in the northern league. Also the good availability of parking at thr international stadium is a plus point
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

JasonDeVos
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 pm
RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:16 pm
loan_star wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 am
RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club.
Any bad feeling is probably down to the Heed fans who were waving tenners at Darlo fans the last time we met at the arena when we were in the mire financially.
I have no gripe with Gateshead as a club or the fans who didnt turn into piss takers at that match. One other thing I dont like about Gateshead is that stadium that makes the arena feel like the best ground ever built!
Fair enough but that wasn't the majority and let's be honest both sets of supporters have a group of knackers.

The stadium isn't ideal and the away end is rubbish so I can fully see why away fans hate it. But I've been in a lot worse shitholes in non-league and the facilities themselves are well kept. The atmosphere in the home end is decent as we are tightly put together in one area of the stand and it makes a difference.
Theres worse grounds which now host football league clubs like grimsby and luton. Alfretons grounds a bit ram shackle too and i think that kettring stadium was done on the cheap, seen better in the northern league. Also the good availability of parking at thr international stadium is a plus point
They are none worse than the international stadium.

Post Reply