Cartman +Burn

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

lo36789
Posts: 8553
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Cartman +Burn

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:01 pm

clumsy it may have been, but my main point was around why do we have to always be so negative especially when it is rare that we will know the ins and outs - if you can't say something nice...that really was all...

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Cartman +Burn

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:02 pm

Sorry to disappoint you but that won't stop me or other people posting critically about him if there's a discussion to be had. You say people should just 'be kind' but no-one is being unkind, or vindictive. All I see is people discussing a player who had a poor spell for us. It's bordering on delusion to expect people to be just positive all the time. If this message board is not happy clappy enough for you then go to one that is. In fact these accusations of unkindness are passive aggressive, which I would argue is a worse stance than anyone else who has got involved in this discussion.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Cartman +Burn

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Sorry to disappoint you but that won't stop me or other people posting critically about him if there's a discussion to be had. You say people should just 'be kind' but no-one is being unkind, or vindictive. All I see is people discussing a player who had a poor spell for us. It's bordering on delusion to expect people to be just positive all the time. If this message board is not happy clappy enough for you then go to one that is. In fact these accusations of unkindness are passive aggressive, which I would argue is a worse stance than anyone else who has got involved in this discussion.
Cannot believe why this guy has reacted the way he has to a very general comment on a player who has not only let his local club down but his playing career as well..
Totally agree with your posts Adam as well as Darlogramps....totally spot on.


Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Cartman +Burn

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:13 pm

lo36789 wrote:clumsy it may have been, but my main point was around why do we have to always be so negative especially when it is rare that we will know the ins and outs - if you can't say something nice...that really was all...
And said it was possible he had mental health problems, when you don’t know that.

If you can’t criticise people if you don’t know what’s going on in their head, no one can ever criticise anyone ever again, by your logic.

And if you don’t want to ever see people criticised, I suggest you remove yourself from this board.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789
Posts: 8553
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Cartman +Burn

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Nope said that the things called out were simply known symptoms.

That's not true is it. I simply questioned why does it have to be a default position on a player who no longer plays for us.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Cartman +Burn

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:03 pm

lo36789 wrote:Nope said that the things called out were simply known symptoms.

That's not true is it. I simply questioned why does it have to be a default position on a player who no longer plays for us.
Thereby linking Jonny Burn and mental health. And by linking them, you’re raising the possibility he might have been suffering from depression, which is speculation as it isn’t based on anything. And speculating on a stranger’s mental health is wrong and cynical.

Is it a “default position”? Or is it just that many were unhappy with his contribution and attitude? And last time I checked, people were able to do that, so long as it’s fair and based on fact, which to me everything in this thread is, then there’s no issue.

Feels very much like you’re trying to control and suppress people’s criticisms, rather than actually engaging with it.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Post Reply