Next season’s captain

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Old Git
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Old Git » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Gramps you are entitled to think Styche is a better player than Armstrong but the comparison is not laughable in my opinion. Armstrong was excellent in our championship winning season in the Evostik Premier which is only one level below our current level. In his younger days he played for Gateshead in the division above and only left them because they went full time and he wanted to continue his teaching career.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3083
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Old Git wrote:Gramps you are entitled to think Styche is a better player than Armstrong but the comparison is not laughable in my opinion. Armstrong was excellent in our championship winning season in the Evostik Premier which is only one level below our current level. In his younger days he played for Gateshead in the division above and only left them because they went full time and he wanted to continue his teaching career.
I agree with Gramps ,Styche a far better play than Armstrong and I'm not putting him down because he is decent at the level he is playing at..As for Styche yes he loved a moan but I'd rather be supporting him than opposing him..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Next season’s captain

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Old Git wrote:Gramps you are entitled to think Styche is a better player than Armstrong but the comparison is not laughable in my opinion. Armstrong was excellent in our championship winning season in the Evostik Premier which is only one level below our current level. In his younger days he played for Gateshead in the division above and only left them because they went full time and he wanted to continue his teaching career.
There’s a massive difference between Evo Stik and NLN. It’s a considerable step up. And before you say King’s Lynn, they are the exception. Look at Ashton, Kettering etc. Sides with money can establish themselves (and yes, we established ourselves in part because of the overspending under Gray). But generally speaking there’s a big step up, largely because sides spend more, are ex-League clubs and are on their way towards full-time squads.

Nor are we talking about Armstrong earlier in his career (where he never achieved anything, as you admit). You were talking about his contribution at Darlington. But even if you are, Styche has performed at National League level, way more than Armstrong achieved. You can’t just ignore that.

Armstrong may have performed excellently for us in theNPL, but Styche was excellent in the division above for us. Undeniably so. There’s no quantifiable way you can demonstrate Armstrong being the better player. It’s not really up for debate and I fear you’re letting your dislike of Styche’s attitude cloud your judgement.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:13 pm

Have to agree. Whilst Armstrong undeniably had the qualities to succeed at a higher level, he opted for the security of a good career outside football and decent part-time earnings. As such, we can only speculate how well he would have done. Styche has done it at our current level, and the one above If A Armstrong felt he could get the best out of him, why wouldn't you have him back? Not that it will happen.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3083
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Where is our Mental Health correspondent. Just wondering if he thought Styche had any in his opinion??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Mister e
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Mister e » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:24 pm

........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing with referees rather than try to play football.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3083
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Mister e wrote:........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing with referees rather than try to play football.
That's what Styche does and did we are not disputing that fact it doesn't take away his ability he is a horrible player to play against fact

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:09 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mister e wrote:........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing with referees rather than try to play football.
That's what Styche does and did we are not disputing that fact it doesn't take away his ability he is a horrible player to play against fact

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I also think if you take that away from his game, Styche wouldn’t be half the player he is.

Infuriating yes, and at times detrimental to the team. But when his mind was in the right place, he was one of the best players in this division, and in fact the division above too.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Old Git » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:09 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mister e wrote:........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing with referees rather than try to play football.
That's what Styche does and did we are not disputing that fact it doesn't take away his ability he is a horrible player to play against fact

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I also think if you take that away from his game, Styche wouldn’t be half the player he is.

Infuriating yes, and at times detrimental to the team. But when his mind was in the right place, he was one of the best players in this division, and in fact the division above too.
“At times detrimental to the team “. “When his mind was in the right place “. Exactly the point who needs the hassle,more trouble than he is worth. We have moved on thank goodness. Time to move the debate on as well. I rest my case.

Darlofan97
Posts: 4338
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:06 pm

I watched Styche many times for us & although sometimes selfish with the ball, I certainly wouldn’t say he was detrimental to the team. He dragged us through the 17/18 season after he signed & started the 18/19 season very well before being sold.

He would sometimes have a shot where a pass was the better option but he had the genuine quality to pull it off.

Yes he was needly, yes he did argue with referees, but I wouldn’t call that detrimental to the team. He was never sent off or suspended for us, if I remember correctly.

His reputation precedes his time at Darlo. A fantastic talent and to be fair to Tommy, he got the best out of him in his time here.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4459
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:54 pm

I don’t remember him starting the “18/19 season very well”

He seemed out of sorts, then after his first trip away with Gibraltar he looked worse and he never really got going at all, culminating with some bust up over at the Tinshed end with a fan.

Styche kind of wanted to be top dog, this is okay if you can produce the goods on a regular basis (Gabbiadini) but he couldn’t and he didn’t.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlofan97
Posts: 4338
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:05 am

He had 5 in 10, and we were awful.

He only had a few games back after being away on international duty before being sold.

darlo_baron
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by darlo_baron » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:03 am

People have some very selective memories of Styche. The lad bagged consistently in a relegation threatened team and was a key reason why we stayed up.

He then became the scapegoat for a poor start to the following season, where Tommy assembled a hump side. In a better side he would have been an undeniable asset and would have scored plenty again.

Claiming Armstrong was a better player is sentimental thinking, at best, when the evidence proves Styche can cut it at this level abnd the one above.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Next season’s captain

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 am

Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:09 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mister e wrote:........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing with referees rather than try to play football.
That's what Styche does and did we are not disputing that fact it doesn't take away his ability he is a horrible player to play against fact

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I also think if you take that away from his game, Styche wouldn’t be half the player he is.

Infuriating yes, and at times detrimental to the team. But when his mind was in the right place, he was one of the best players in this division, and in fact the division above too.
“At times detrimental to the team “. “When his mind was in the right place “. Exactly the point who needs the hassle,more trouble than he is worth. We have moved on thank goodness. Time to move the debate on as well. I rest my case.
Disagree. I think it was exactly worth the risk, given his class and ability. Absolutely he was a gamble, but for me that’s a management issue. They have to be able to get the best out of him. And in fairness to him, for the most part TW did.

Sometimes things are worth the hassle. I always remember Sir Alex Ferguson talking about Eric Cantona and how he treated him completely differently to the rest of the squad. And evidently that was completely worth the hassle.

It’s the same logic with Styche. Yes he might have been prone to go wandering. But manage him properly and keep him happy, and you can get the best out of a seriously talented player.

Do you think all Styche’s goals “weren’t worth the hassle” when he was on form for us? Because we’d have been at serious risk of relegation in 17/18 without him.

Don’t know why you’re trying to shut the debate down, maybe you can see you’re not getting anywhere and haven’t quite got the support you anticipated.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker
Posts: 5576
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:22 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:05 am
He had 5 in 10, and we were awful.

He only had a few games back after being away on international duty before being sold.
3 of those were in one game to be fair. That game didn't half provide false hope for the season :lol:

Styche was a good player and played a huge role in us staying up that season he came in. His character and personality was exactly what we needed to turn that season around. Whether he'd fit into the current squad or not is a different debate. Talent wise perhaps (although his career hasn't gone so well recently), but it takes more than just talented players to have a successful squad

Old Git
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Old Git » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 am

Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4459
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 am

Styche will be playing for Bedale Town soon if his career doesn't pick up, so he's history - speaking of which, what was the name of that striker who played for us in the early 90's, he left for a while then came back about 98ish but wasn't as good as he was? I think when he left he went to Southport.

I used to like watching him play.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:35 am

Old Git wrote:Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.
Gramps wasn’t comparing the talents of both players Old Git, just similar instances of handling players and getting the best out of them even at different levels of football.
Pretty sure you will be getting a response anytime soon.I would move on if I were you.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EDJOHNS
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:44 am

Old Git wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 am
Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.
You know you are not allowed to say that.
Once gramps has stated the "facts" no other opinion counts, and anyone who goes against him is deluded.
Far better to treat the silly Bleep with the contempt he deserves once he goes off on 1.

Vokuhila
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 am
Styche will be playing for Bedale Town soon if his career doesn't pick up, so he's history - speaking of which, what was the name of that striker who played for us in the early 90's, he left for a while then came back about 98ish but wasn't as good as he was? I think when he left he went to Southport.

I used to like watching him play.
Lee Ellison.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Next season’s captain

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:42 am

Old Git wrote:Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.
Where did I compare Styche to Cantona?

All I said was some players need to be handled differently by managers to get the best out of them and named two examples. If you took that as comparing them ability-wise, you’re once again wholly incorrect and should read the post properly.

The fact you’re resorting to personal insults and feeble put downs is a bad reflection on you and how weak your argument is.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Next season’s captain

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 am
Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.
You know you are not allowed to say that.
Once gramps has stated the "facts" no other opinion counts, and anyone who goes against him is deluded.
Far better to treat the silly Bleep with the contempt he deserves once he goes off on 1.
I’m more than happy to discuss alternative points of view, but of course I’m going to think my own view is right. I wouldn’t hold that opinion otherwise.

Unlike you of course Ted, who simply abuses anyone who has an alternative point of view, or stands up to you.

And it’s funny you bringing up the word “deluded” given you deluded yourself into thinking you could buy Darlington FC 16 years ago.

And again, you’re another person who’s resorted to personal insults, demonstrating a lack of ability to form an argument.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4459
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am

Vokuhila wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 am
Styche will be playing for Bedale Town soon if his career doesn't pick up, so he's history - speaking of which, what was the name of that striker who played for us in the early 90's, he left for a while then came back about 98ish but wasn't as good as he was? I think when he left he went to Southport.

I used to like watching him play.
Lee Ellison.

Yes, that's him. :thumbup:
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

banktopp
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by banktopp » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 am
Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:09 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mister e wrote:........... A lot of people on this forum have not mentioned the injury suffered by Armstrong in the play off final against bamber bridge which had a major impact on his career. I also genuinely spoke to a Hereford director last season who told me styche spent most of his time with them arguing with referees rather than try to play football.
That's what Styche does and did we are not disputing that fact it doesn't take away his ability he is a horrible player to play against fact

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I also think if you take that away from his game, Styche wouldn’t be half the player he is.

Infuriating yes, and at times detrimental to the team. But when his mind was in the right place, he was one of the best players in this division, and in fact the division above too.
“At times detrimental to the team “. “When his mind was in the right place “. Exactly the point who needs the hassle,more trouble than he is worth. We have moved on thank goodness. Time to move the debate on as well. I rest my case.
Disagree. I think it was exactly worth the risk, given his class and ability. Absolutely he was a gamble, but for me that’s a management issue. They have to be able to get the best out of him. And in fairness to him, for the most part TW did.
Have to agree there. It is a management issue with Styche.
In a very poor Hereford squad last year, badly managed, and for the most part lacking ability, Styche not only alienated his fellow players but supporters also when he could and should have been their leading goalscorer. Russell Slade could not get the best out of him. Sitting on the bench and being substituted did not go down well with Styche.
Fair play to Tommy Wright who was able to motivate Styche, although playing him on the wing away at Kidderminster still stands out as one of Tommy's stranger tactical moves.

Old Git
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Old Git » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:21 pm

We are playing in a predominantly part time league in the sixth tier of English football. We really don’t need difficult to manage characters. Nobody at our level is that good they are above the well-being of the team. I want to see a group of players playing for the benefit of the team and enjoying it. I don’t want to see players with an over inflated ego strutting petulantly around. That is just what I think disagree if you want.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Old Git wrote:We are playing in a predominantly part time league in the sixth tier of English football. We really don’t need difficult to manage characters. Nobody at our level is that good they are above the well-being of the team. I want to see a group of players playing for the benefit of the team and enjoying it. I don’t want to see players with an over inflated ego strutting petulantly around. That is just what I think disagree if you want.
I think you’d be surprised. There are egos and difficult characters at all levels of the game, including non-league.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 am
Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.
You know you are not allowed to say that.
Once gramps has stated the "facts" no other opinion counts, and anyone who goes against him is deluded.
Far better to treat the silly Bleep with the contempt he deserves once he goes off on 1.
I’m more than happy to discuss alternative points of view, but of course I’m going to think my own view is right. I wouldn’t hold that opinion otherwise.

Unlike you of course Ted, who simply abuses anyone who has an alternative point of view, or stands up to you.

And it’s funny you bringing up the word “deluded” given you deluded yourself into thinking you could buy Darlington FC 16 years ago.

And again, you’re another person who’s resorted to personal insults, demonstrating a lack of ability to form an argument.
Actually I was extracting the Michael,not abusing you but you prove my point. 1 member, who you and others constantly rebuke for being inaccurate with his posts accidentally puts a T in front of my name ONCE, and suddenly that becomes FACT in your brain.
You keep telling others to put up EVIDENCE of what they say on any subject when you disagree or to back down, but, as usual, the same does not matter when you expouse on any subject. As proof, of that I ask yet again, offer PROOF of what you say about me or, in your own words just stop trying to bluster your way through.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5020
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:26 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 am
Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.
You know you are not allowed to say that.
Once gramps has stated the "facts" no other opinion counts, and anyone who goes against him is deluded.
Far better to treat the silly Bleep with the contempt he deserves once he goes off on 1.
I’m more than happy to discuss alternative points of view, but of course I’m going to think my own view is right. I wouldn’t hold that opinion otherwise.

Unlike you of course Ted, who simply abuses anyone who has an alternative point of view, or stands up to you.

And it’s funny you bringing up the word “deluded” given you deluded yourself into thinking you could buy Darlington FC 16 years ago.

And again, you’re another person who’s resorted to personal insults, demonstrating a lack of ability to form an argument.
Actually I was extracting the Michael,not abusing you but you prove my point. 1 member, who you and others constantly rebuke for being inaccurate with his posts accidentally puts a T in front of my name ONCE, and suddenly that becomes FACT in your brain.
You keep telling others to put up EVIDENCE of what they say on any subject when you disagree or to back down, but, as usual, the same does not matter when you expouse on any subject. As proof, of that I ask yet again, offer PROOF of what you say about me or, in your own words just stop trying to bluster your way through.
I’ve put it to you before Ted and you completely ignored it. I don’t see why I should repeatedly do so, if you’re just going to ignore it.

Anyway, life’s too short to be getting involved in your nonsense Ted.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:32 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:26 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 am
Oh Gramps now you really have lost the plot comparing Styche to Cantona.
I was trying to close down the debate because it had become rather pointless and I can see that was the right thing to do. You really need to start getting out more clearly lockdown fever is catching up with you.
You know you are not allowed to say that.
Once gramps has stated the "facts" no other opinion counts, and anyone who goes against him is deluded.
Far better to treat the silly Bleep with the contempt he deserves once he goes off on 1.
I’m more than happy to discuss alternative points of view, but of course I’m going to think my own view is right. I wouldn’t hold that opinion otherwise.

Unlike you of course Ted, who simply abuses anyone who has an alternative point of view, or stands up to you.

And it’s funny you bringing up the word “deluded” given you deluded yourself into thinking you could buy Darlington FC 16 years ago.

And again, you’re another person who’s resorted to personal insults, demonstrating a lack of ability to form an argument.
Actually I was extracting the Michael,not abusing you but you prove my point. 1 member, who you and others constantly rebuke for being inaccurate with his posts accidentally puts a T in front of my name ONCE, and suddenly that becomes FACT in your brain.
You keep telling others to put up EVIDENCE of what they say on any subject when you disagree or to back down, but, as usual, the same does not matter when you expouse on any subject. As proof, of that I ask yet again, offer PROOF of what you say about me or, in your own words just stop trying to bluster your way through.
I’ve put it to you before Ted and you completely ignored it. I don’t see why I should repeatedly do so, if you’re just going to ignore it.

Anyway, life’s too short to be getting involved in your nonsense Ted.
Now I am quite happy to call you an outright liar. I say it here I will say it to your face at any time you wish.
Not once have you shown 1 iota of actual PROOF of what you say. You used the fact Pete added a "T" not proof, Pete making a mistake. You have said I post similar to someone on some chat group. While on various rugby platforms this is the only football group I am on and in fact for a long time the only thread I posted on on this group was the rugby league thread.
So, as you would say, don't procrastinate gramps, put up your PROOF.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1802
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next season’s captain

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 am

This is becoming tedious and completely off topic. I'm a bit disappointed in you Gramps as you're usually the first to ask for proof and facts and whilst I don't always agree with you I'll admit you have a penchant for intelligent argument. It feels a little like playground name calling.

Post Reply