Franz Burgmeier update.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
OHDFC
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by OHDFC » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Promoted to the Swiss Super League in his second season as Sporting Director of FC Vaduz after a 5-4 aggregate win against FC Thun.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Makka Pakka
Posts: 1221
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:43 am

One of my favourite players. Not the best we've had but whenever we got a free kick 30-40 yards from goal it got everyone off their seat because he was capable of whipping in diagonal balls that were undefendable. Never seemed to be able to replicate the same ball from corners though.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_lad
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Darlo_lad » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:00 pm

Brilliant footballer great to see him doing well

Vokuhila
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Vokuhila » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:25 pm

Der Burgmeister is a bona fide club legend in my eyes.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12962
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm

I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City. Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5135
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Vokuhila wrote:Der Burgmeister is a bona fide club legend in my eyes.
Loved Super Franz - the very definition of cult hero.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

biccynana
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by biccynana » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm
I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City. Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.
And the Lichtenstein fans? What did they think? ;)

Vokuhila
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Vokuhila » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm
Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.
"Lichenstein" sounds like the name of a German soft rock tribute act 8-)

Also, the match was actually at the Millennium Stadium, so this anecdote's about a 3/10, I reckon. Maybe just stick to ones about Peter Purves from now on.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12962
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:51 am

biccynana wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm
I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City. Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.
And the Lichtenstein fans? What did they think? ;)
They were a bit bemused to be honest, although very friendly. Our trip down to Cardiff had got some publicity in Lichenstein before the game & we were told to turn up at the team hotel, where they had left free tickets for all of us. I've actually been to Lichenstein, not for footie, but it is a beautiful place.

User avatar
OHDFC
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by OHDFC » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:58 pm


Darlo_Pete wrote:I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City.
Actually it came off his shoulder - at least that's what he told me when I mentioned it to him

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk


Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12962
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:00 pm

OHDFC wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:58 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City.
Actually it came off his shoulder - at least that's what he told me when I mentioned it to him

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I must have watched it in slow motion well over a hundred times & I'm still none the wiser as to what part of him it came off. Love how he jumped into the crowd after scoring the winner. Don't think he'd get away with that these days.

biccynana
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by biccynana » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:51 am
biccynana wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm
I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City. Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.
And the Lichtenstein fans? What did they think? ;)
I've actually been to Lichenstein.
No you haven't.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12962
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:16 pm

biccynana wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:08 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:51 am
biccynana wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm
I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City. Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.
And the Lichtenstein fans? What did they think? ;)
I've actually been to Lichenstein.
No you haven't.
Of course I have, I went to the capital Vaduz, which has a Disney style castle overlooking it. Went on a summer holiday to St Anton with my parents just over the border in Austria & on the way there we spent 4hrs in the country. How the hell would you know that I have or haven't been to the place? Now shut up.

biccynana
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by biccynana » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:16 pm
biccynana wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:08 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:51 am
biccynana wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm
I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City. Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.
And the Lichtenstein fans? What did they think? ;)
I've actually been to Lichenstein.
No you haven't.
Of course I have, I went to the capital Vaduz, which has a Disney style castle overlooking it. Went on a summer holiday to St Anton with my parents just over the border in Austria & on the way there we spent 4hrs in the country. How the hell would you know that I have or haven't been to the place? Now shut up.
Whoosh.

Vokuhila
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:11 pm

:lol:

Lichenstein/Liechtenstein/Roy Lichtenstein - it's all the same thing really.

Talking of cult heroes, I'd love to know what 'Super' Mario Dorner was up to these days.

biccynana
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by biccynana » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:11 pm
:lol:

Lichenstein/Liechtenstein/Roy Lichtenstein - it's all the same thing really.

Indeed, it was only meant to be a gentle fun poke but there you go. Lost on some people.

User avatar
OHDFC
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Franz Burgmeier update.

Post by OHDFC » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:08 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:51 am
biccynana wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm
I'll always remember his late winning header at home in the televised game against Bradford City. Also when a group of us drove down to watch him play for Lichenstein at Cardiff Arms Park, we created a bit of a stir amongst the Lichenstein fans.
And the Lichtenstein fans? What did they think? ;)
I've actually been to Lichenstein.
No you haven't.
Of course I have, I went to the capital Vaduz, which has a Disney style castle overlooking it. Went on a summer holiday to St Anton with my parents just over the border in Austria & on the way there we spent 4hrs in the country. How the hell would you know that I have or haven't been to the place? Now shut up.
Vaduz castle does overlook the town but it is not 'Disney style'. That is Schloss Neuschwanstein near Fuessen in Bavaria Germany, on which the Disney fairy tale castle was based. If you've ever seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the car flies over Schloss Neuschwanstein.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk


Post Reply