Ground share

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

en passant
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by en passant » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:47 am

bga wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 am
biccynana wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:46 am
Fat josh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am
bga wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 am
lo36789 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:58 am


There is no rush until the outcome of the pilots is received and we actually start to plan for ticketing etc. for the first home game.

Until it is confirmed by the FA that elite football may admit a safe proportion of fans based on certified capacity (in line with government guidance) then we don't know if moving to the arena is or isn't worth it - and we don't know what our "safe" capacity is either.

Wouldn't w decision have to be governed correctly also. "The league" isn't one person who just replies to emails with a yes or no, it is a membership who have voting rights and all sign up to and define competition rules. For what we know we might have an indicative response but it just needs to be ratified at the monthly governance meeting.
I understand some of what you say. However it is clear we made our application to play at the Arena because of the current crisis which may mean we could admit more fans safely and ultimately make more money. Our request should be considered on the basis of the Venue irrespective of any capacity limitations the league subsequently impose. Our Board can then decide whether the move us viable.
And that proves my point
Arena worshippers don't care if we can get more fans in the Arena than Blackwell meadows they just want to go back.This has been planned by shady characters for years.
The Arena will not pass a safety inspection as its a rusting shithole I have already informed the relevant authorities about this and am canvassing support from other teams as we should not be allowed to swap grounds just for the hell of it.
I think whoever provided the grants for the stands at Blackwell should be informed as well as we are taking the piss with getting them in the first place with no intentions of staying.
Anyone who supports this shambolic idea is frankly a disgrace.
I call for a no confidence vote in the clown in charge.
I'm out fuck this club its dead.
:wave:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out
GOODBYE FAT JOSH YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED AT ALL. YOU ARE A DISGRACE.
Is this Fat Josh supposed to be a supporter? A very strange way to show support if what you are looking to achieve is something that might kill the club for lack of much needed income. I would love to hear this person's alternative plan for survival at BM if we can't even get all the season ticket holders into matches there.

quaker4life
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Ground share

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 am

Fat josh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am
And that proves my point
Arena worshippers don't care if we can get more fans in the Arena than Blackwell meadows they just want to go back.This has been planned by shady characters for years.
The Arena will not pass a safety inspection as its a rusting shithole I have already informed the relevant authorities about this and am canvassing support from other teams as we should not be allowed to swap grounds just for the hell of it.
I think whoever provided the grants for the stands at Blackwell should be informed as well as we are taking the piss with getting them in the first place with no intentions of staying.
Anyone who supports this shambolic idea is frankly a disgrace.
I call for a no confidence vote in the clown in charge.
I'm out fuck this club its dead.
Well then... Where to start?

Let me be clear on this, I have already decided that whilst restrictions are in place I will not be attending games this season, this is something I am doing voluntarily regardless of venue so personally I couldn't care less if home games are moved to the Arena for the interim.

I had hoped this was a wind up but the more you read into it the more you realise its a genuine meltdown, you're almost implying COVID 19 was part of a wider conspiracy to to take Darlo back to the Arena! And I'd love to know who these "shady characters" are? I despise the place as much as you do and would never under any circumstances support a permanent return there. The restrictions though, unlike this virus, will not be around forever and should the league approve it Darlo will not be at the Arena forever so pull yourself together that man!

The only shambolic idea here was yours for writing that hysterical, nonsensical drivel.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

eddie-rowles
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 am

Visited two Northern league grounds recently apart from taking your contact details and noting attendance under 300 nothing else done. No social distancing observed as fans gathered under only covered areas. No distancing observed in bars or burger stands, handshakes and hugs by players, physios plastic apron blew away in one game. Think I was only one wearing my facemask (darlo) don,t believe any interest at all from FA its al about premier league

biccynana
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by biccynana » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 am

quaker4life wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 am
Fat josh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am
And that proves my point
Arena worshippers don't care if we can get more fans in the Arena than Blackwell meadows they just want to go back.This has been planned by shady characters for years.
The Arena will not pass a safety inspection as its a rusting shithole I have already informed the relevant authorities about this and am canvassing support from other teams as we should not be allowed to swap grounds just for the hell of it.
I think whoever provided the grants for the stands at Blackwell should be informed as well as we are taking the piss with getting them in the first place with no intentions of staying.
Anyone who supports this shambolic idea is frankly a disgrace.
I call for a no confidence vote in the clown in charge.
I'm out fuck this club its dead.
And I'd love to know who these "shady characters" are?
Trump knows
https://youtu.be/N7mDddUjZx8?t=914

Maybe they followed FJ home on the bus like they did Trump's person on the plane.

Old Git
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by Old Git » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 am

Think Fat Josh is best ignored. Clearly he is either a troll an ex fan with a grudge or someone with mental health issues or a combination of all of them. Either way best to leave him to his rantings while the rest of us try to have a sensible debate.

quaker4life
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Ground share

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Interesting, wonder if we'll see a similar roll out for the National League?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54014149
Supporters will be allowed back into two games in English Football League competitions next week as test events.

Cambridge United's home matches with Fulham Under-21s in the EFL Trophy on 8 September and the League Two game with Carlisle on Saturday, 12 September are part of the government's pilot scheme.

The club's Abbey Stadium will allow 1,000 fans for the EFL tie and 2,500 for the league game.

Cambridge has been chosen for both fixtures to allow quick "learnings".

An EFL statement said: "Appropriate measures have been applied at the Abbey Stadium, with both terraces and seating arrangements available.

"As a result of two fixtures taking place at the same venue in a short period of time, it will allow for any learnings to be implemented quickly under the same conditions."

Cambridge have previously been part of a joint project by the EFL and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) looking at safe application of social distancing at football grounds.

That work was overseen by crowd dynamics experts Movement Strategies, who will also assess the pilot scheme.

The Premier League season is set to start on 12 September but, as it stands, no fans will be admitted to top-flight matches before October at the earliest.

A limited number of supporters were allowed to watch Brighton's friendly with Chelsea on Saturday, which was also used as a test event.

On Wednesday, the Rugby Football Union announced plans to allow up to 20,000 fans into Twickenham to watch England play Barbarians on 25 October.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2090
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Old Git wrote:Think Fat Josh is best ignored. Clearly he is either a troll an ex fan with a grudge or someone with mental health issues or a combination of all of them. Either way best to leave him to his rantings while the rest of us try to have a sensible debate.
Totally agree Old Git, this guy must have an IQ of about 6.....total pea brain and no way is he a Darlo fan.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


EDJOHNS
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Some short memories me thinks.
Can no-one else remember FatJosh/WasteAucklandgate?
Showed his class then.

Vokuhila
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: Ground share

Post by Vokuhila » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:27 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 pm
Some short memories me thinks.
Can no-one else remember FatJosh/WasteAucklandgate?
Showed his class then.
That was somebody else.

I'd be surprised if the guy you're thinking of wasn't very much still a Darlo fan.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:27 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 pm
Some short memories me thinks.
Can no-one else remember FatJosh/WasteAucklandgate?
Showed his class then.
That was somebody else.

I'd be surprised if the guy you're thinking of wasn't very much still a Darlo fan.
OK. Sorry if I got it wrong.

quaker4life
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Ground share

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:35 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 pm
Some short memories me thinks.
Can no-one else remember FatJosh/WasteAucklandgate?
Showed his class then.

You're thinking of Big Tim, later became the club's photographer!

Still a classic though. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22038&p=281967&hili ... nd#p281967
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Mister e
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by Mister e » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Old Git wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 am
Think Fat Josh is best ignored. Clearly he is either a troll an ex fan with a grudge or someone with mental health issues or a combination of all of them. Either way best to leave him to his rantings while the rest of us try to have a sensible debate.
I wonder if fat Josh could be a rugby club member or player even after all they get plenty of flak on here.

Post Reply