impact on ground capacity

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6323
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by loan_star » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:09 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:00 am
A country with over 1 billion population as well?!

I reckon 3k deaths was the hourly death rate not the total!
I don't believe a word coming out of China. Plenty of rumours of 6 or 7 figure death totals but no way of proving it really.

m62exile
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by m62exile » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm

loan_star wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:00 am
A country with over 1 billion population as well?!

I reckon 3k deaths was the hourly death rate not the total!
I don't believe a word coming out of China. Plenty of rumours of 6 or 7 figure death totals but no way of proving it really.
You’re suggesting that China can hide millions of coronavirus deaths from the rest of the world in the year 2020? Haway man.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mister e
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Mister e » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:22 pm

There are quite a few football league chairmen that are demanding supporters are let back into stadiums including those at Charlton athletic and Peterborough United I still think myself that something is going to give soon.

Vokuhila
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:30 pm

splinter wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:27 pm
i was hop footing it as the girls father was in hot pursuit , i got the train
Yeah, I can imagine Shredder wasn't too happy about you trying it on with his daughter.
Mister e wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:22 pm
There are quite a few football league chairmen that are demanding supporters are let back into stadiums including those at Charlton athletic and Peterborough United I still think myself that something is going to give soon.
Some Charlton fans have already taken matters into their own hands according to BBC Football.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6323
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by loan_star » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:34 pm

m62exile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
loan_star wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:00 am
A country with over 1 billion population as well?!

I reckon 3k deaths was the hourly death rate not the total!
I don't believe a word coming out of China. Plenty of rumours of 6 or 7 figure death totals but no way of proving it really.
You’re suggesting that China can hide millions of coronavirus deaths from the rest of the world in the year 2020? Haway man.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt put it past them to try. After all their record on the treatment of their citizens isn't exactly great.

jjljks
Posts: 2087
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Nice to see one MP James Daly standing up for his local football club Bury AFC. Hopefully Peter Gibson can also lend his support to the cause.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:56 pm

m62exile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
You’re suggesting that China can hide millions of coronavirus deaths from the rest of the world in the year 2020? Haway man.
We need to be realistic here. Not every country has the same freedoms that we enjoy.

China don't need to hide anything, they just need to declare 3,000 dead and stick with it. Who would have the ability or authority to check up on this?

Any rumours coming out of China regarding many more deaths can be played down as anecdotes, agendas, noise.
#Arenaherewecome

m62exile
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by m62exile » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
You’re suggesting that China can hide millions of coronavirus deaths from the rest of the world in the year 2020? Haway man.
We need to be realistic here. Not every country has the same freedoms that we enjoy.

China don't need to hide anything, they just need to declare 3,000 dead and stick with it. Who would have the ability or authority to check up on this?

Any rumours coming out of China regarding many more deaths can be played down as anecdotes, agendas, noise.
Every major western corporation operates in China, usually with international leadership. All companies have full access to the internet within a secure corporate VPN which can not be accessed or seen by the government. If there were millions of people dying from Coronavirus we’d all know about it, don’t worry about that.

Anyhow, China’s laws and political system is probably a bit off topic for uncovered, so I’ll leave it there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

impact on ground capacity

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:09 pm

m62exile wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
You’re suggesting that China can hide millions of coronavirus deaths from the rest of the world in the year 2020? Haway man.
We need to be realistic here. Not every country has the same freedoms that we enjoy.

China don't need to hide anything, they just need to declare 3,000 dead and stick with it. Who would have the ability or authority to check up on this?

Any rumours coming out of China regarding many more deaths can be played down as anecdotes, agendas, noise.
Every major western corporation operates in China, usually with international leadership. All companies have full access to the internet within a secure corporate VPN which can not be accessed or seen by the government. If there were millions of people dying from Coronavirus we’d all know about it, don’t worry about that.

Anyhow, China’s laws and political system is probably a bit off topic for uncovered, so I’ll leave it there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know, hundreds of thousands of Uighur Muslims have been displaced, persecuted and interned and the major corporations have kept mighty quiet about that.

The major corporations have demonstrated they’re quite happy to look the other way to preserve their corporate interests.

Anyhow, we can save a discussion about China’s grotesque human rights record, oppression and censorship for another thread.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

m62exile
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by m62exile » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
You’re suggesting that China can hide millions of coronavirus deaths from the rest of the world in the year 2020? Haway man.
We need to be realistic here. Not every country has the same freedoms that we enjoy.

China don't need to hide anything, they just need to declare 3,000 dead and stick with it. Who would have the ability or authority to check up on this?

Any rumours coming out of China regarding many more deaths can be played down as anecdotes, agendas, noise.
Every major western corporation operates in China, usually with international leadership. All companies have full access to the internet within a secure corporate VPN which can not be accessed or seen by the government. If there were millions of people dying from Coronavirus we’d all know about it, don’t worry about that.

Anyhow, China’s laws and political system is probably a bit off topic for uncovered, so I’ll leave it there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know, hundreds of thousands of Uighur Muslims have been displaced, persecuted and interned and the major corporations have kept mighty quiet about that.

The major corporations have demonstrated they’re quite happy to look the other way to preserve their corporate interests.

Anyhow, we can save a discussion about China’s grotesque human rights record, oppression and censorship for another thread.
Good point.

The fact that we all know exactly what’s going on with the Uighur Muslims perfectly demonstrates how daft it is to say that millions of Chinese people have died of Covid19 but the government have managed to cover it up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyPark
Posts: 11626
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by AndyPark » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:40 pm

So, back onto subject...

Have we had an official communication yet about us going back to the arena temporarily or are we staying at BM for the season?
2020/2021 Season
WLLWWWWLWWLLWWDWLL

Darlogramps
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

impact on ground capacity

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:47 pm

m62exile wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
You’re suggesting that China can hide millions of coronavirus deaths from the rest of the world in the year 2020? Haway man.
We need to be realistic here. Not every country has the same freedoms that we enjoy.

China don't need to hide anything, they just need to declare 3,000 dead and stick with it. Who would have the ability or authority to check up on this?

Any rumours coming out of China regarding many more deaths can be played down as anecdotes, agendas, noise.
Every major western corporation operates in China, usually with international leadership. All companies have full access to the internet within a secure corporate VPN which can not be accessed or seen by the government. If there were millions of people dying from Coronavirus we’d all know about it, don’t worry about that.

Anyhow, China’s laws and political system is probably a bit off topic for uncovered, so I’ll leave it there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know, hundreds of thousands of Uighur Muslims have been displaced, persecuted and interned and the major corporations have kept mighty quiet about that.

The major corporations have demonstrated they’re quite happy to look the other way to preserve their corporate interests.

Anyhow, we can save a discussion about China’s grotesque human rights record, oppression and censorship for another thread.
Good point.

The fact that we all know exactly what’s going on with the Uighur Muslims perfectly demonstrates how daft it is to say that millions of Chinese people have died of Covid19 but the government have managed to cover it up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn’t from global corporations having internet access though, was it? And that was your point.

We know about the Uighur persecution because of human rights groups, secret videos from locals and so on

If you want western multinationals to blow the whistle on Chinese oppression and human rights abuses (which is what you suggested), it ain’t going to happen.

And I’d also say we don’t really know what’s happening to the Uighurs, other than they’re being persecuted. What’s happening to them inside the internment camps is being hidden by the brutal Communists running China.

Ghost has it pretty much spot on. No one can independently verify what’s done in China. Who is going to have access to check it? The authoritarian Communists just need to stick to their story, and no one has the political will to take them on.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks
Posts: 2087
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Have you not all heard of the Great Firewall of China which is government owned? They can & do control most of the web connections.

m62exile
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by m62exile » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:47 pm

jjljks wrote:Have you not all heard of the Great Firewall of China which is government owned? They can & do control most of the web connections.
I’m well aware of it and having been to China about a dozen times I know how it works. As I seemingly failed to get across earlier, Imageall international companies do their communication through very secure VPN’s that protect their Intellectual Property and mean that anything communicated cannot be intercepted by any government agencies. Without this protection, many would simply not operate in the country at all. They wouldn’t trust the Chinese Government (any government for that matter) not to interfere or even steal intellectual property.

Different rules for the rank and file citizens though of course and no access to twitter or Facebook and so on. (Unless you just use your own VPN which I may or may not have done from time to time)

To be honest though, other than pointing out the blindingly obvious fact that millions of Chinese Nationals have not died of Covid as was suggested I wish I’d not bothered saying anything.

AndyPark’s suggestion was a good one. I’ll try and stick to the topic too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spen666
Posts: 1905
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by spen666 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:14 pm

m62exile wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:47 pm
jjljks wrote:Have you not all heard of the Great Firewall of China which is government owned? They can & do control most of the web connections.
I’m well aware of it and having been to China about a dozen times I know how it works. As I seemingly failed to get across earlier, Imageall international companies do their communication through very secure VPN’s that protect their Intellectual Property and mean that anything communicated cannot be intercepted by any government agencies. Without this protection, many would simply not operate in the country at all. They wouldn’t trust the Chinese Government (any government for that matter) not to interfere or even steal intellectual property.

Different rules for the rank and file citizens though of course and no access to twitter or Facebook and so on. (Unless you just use your own VPN which I may or may not have done from time to time)

To be honest though, other than pointing out the blindingly obvious fact that millions of Chinese Nationals have not died of Covid as was suggested I wish I’d not bothered saying anything.

AndyPark’s suggestion was a good one. I’ll try and stick to the topic too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want to buy some magic beans I have for sale

Darlopartisan
Posts: 976
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 am

Need to stop the political posts, politics has no place on this message board :thumbdown:

H1987
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:46 am

How many will China be allowed in their ground though?

They'll have their chairman on the case, no doubt. Better to have fans in the ground than Peking over the boundary fences.

Old Git
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Old Git » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 am
Need to stop the political posts, politics has no place on this message board :thumbdown:
Be realistic politics is part of life it is bound to crop up in everything. Nothing wrong with that if different points of view are allowed to be aired.

My opinion
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by My opinion » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Old Git wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:17 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 am
Need to stop the political posts, politics has no place on this message board :thumbdown:
Be realistic politics is part of life it is bound to crop up in everything. Nothing wrong with that if different points of view are allowed to be aired.
If that is the case then it should be in the Off Topic Room.
I agree with Darlopartisan. I come onto virtual feethams to read about football, and mainly about Darlington FC.
Not politics.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1901
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:25 pm

I agree and while we're at it surely selling items such as magic beans should be on eBay, not here?

norwich darlo
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:41 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:25 pm
I agree and while we're at it surely selling items such as magic beans should be on eBay, not here?
I got some runner beans on E bay so far they have not done the magic!

Mister e
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Mister e » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:35 pm

The national League seem to be dragging their heels in making a decision regarding our request to play at the arena. I am starting to wonder if they know something we don't and maybe the government are actually going to allow increased capacity in non league grounds from the beginning of October. We can't stay locked down forever or scores of non league clubs are going to to go to the wall. As long as clubs are allowed to open in a secure way I don't see any problems. Another thought is will each club allow q small number of visiting supporters say up to one hundred.

lo36789
Posts: 9038
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:24 pm

I was under the impression the NL were effectively just going to fall in line with whatever is the standard for elite football.

There are pilots currently being undertaken with Brighton which will effectively inform a standard for the rest of elite clubs. I think there are other clubs involved as well who have a mix of terracing and all seater to set the standard. Possibly seen something advertised with Fleetwood.

The NLS gidance is clear that 15% allowance must be made for visiting spectators which is consistent with FA Comp rules - I think the leagues already have a minimum allocation of away spectators as a proportion of capacity and I expect that will be maintained regardless of potential capacity limitations.

Fundamentally though a decision on the arena is irrelevant until we know the outcomes of the elite football pilots as that will determine whether it is even viable for us. I am not sure I would expect an announcement to come any earlier.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4666
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Re away fans, it might make a difference as to where they come from. From a locked down area like Leicester or similar could be dangerous.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

lo36789
Posts: 9038
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:06 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:44 pm
Re away fans, it might make a difference as to where they come from. From a locked down area like Leicester or similar could be dangerous.
Not convinced. The view is that people will be segregated / distanced anyway assuming they are infectious. It won't be down to clubs to validate the address of an individual. Track and trace only requires name and number and can't be mandated under GDPR anyway.

This has been evident as the steer from the FA has been for clubs in infected areas just to continue as everybody else is, clubs in those areas are expected to host home fixtures games as normal with the published capacities.

The boundaries between local lockdown areas are literally streets apart and the city where a club plays equally doesn't necessarily means that is where fans will travel from.

quakerste
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by quakerste » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Live streaming the bishop cup game on tv. Not sure about the social distancing

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:16 pm

Look at the pictures from the Stockton v Shildon cup match tonight. 300 allowed in and the shed is as full as it always is. No social distancing being observed in there tonight!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quakerste
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by quakerste » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Monsoon at bishop

lo36789
Posts: 9038
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Look at the pictures from the Stockton v Shildon cup match tonight. 300 allowed in and the shed is as full as it always is. No social distancing being observed in there tonight!
People have to take responsibility for their own actions there will be enough space provided for them to distance.

It will be the same when we have games some people will still congregate together, there will be groups who will make up that they are in a bubble together if challenged.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: impact on ground capacity

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:49 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Look at the pictures from the Stockton v Shildon cup match tonight. 300 allowed in and the shed is as full as it always is. No social distancing being observed in there tonight!
People have to take responsibility for their own actions there will be enough space provided for them to distance.

It will be the same when we have games some people will still congregate together, there will be groups who will make up that they are in a bubble together if challenged.
True but if the government can see that guidelines aren’t being observed coupled with high R rates and that will be it, gates closed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply