Live Streaming of League Games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Live Streaming of League Games

Post by joejaques » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Ray Simpson has confirmed in today's commentary, that the league have given permission for live streaming of lleague agmes next season (if it ever gets under way). :roll:

Old Git

Re: Live Streaming of League Games

Post by Old Git » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Would be a great innovation for away games in the present climate. Would always prefer to attend in person for home games but who knows if that will happen.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:36 am

Ideal for us exiles. I could put up with two hours in a facemask for the game, but 9 hours plus in a mask on the train to get there means it will be some time before I'm thinking of coming up to Darlo again. :roll:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:55 am

Great news, but games need some fans at the ground to lift the atmosphere so hope HMG don't ban us attending games albeit with limited attendances, ticket only, controls on social distancing, face masks etc. All the clubs need to generate income and the extra from streaming would help cover reductions in hospitality, cover increased costs of controls and less fans attending. Some fans are shielding or want to avoid risk of Covid so streaming does allow them to continue to support from a distance in safety.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:42 am

I assume that cascades through all divisions? The big blocker was the ban on any streaming of 3PM football.

If the NL have got permission then assume that extends to all - unless this is an elite football only exception perhaps.