Government Bailout for National League

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

lo36789
Posts: 8853
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:10 pm

bga wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:04 pm
DJ explained we had to complete a return of some sort which I imagine requested our match day revenue
I heard it was purely gate receipts tbh and that some clubs have submitted some interesting figures

Southport - £23k per month
Bradford PA - £60k in total
Farsley Celtic - £600k in total

bga
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by bga » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:10 pm
bga wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:04 pm
DJ explained we had to complete a return of some sort which I imagine requested our match day revenue
I heard it was purely gate receipts tbh and that some clubs have submitted some interesting figures

Southport - £23k per month
Bradford PA - £60k in total
Farsley Celtic - £600k in total
In due course it would be good to hear what this actually means for us from the Club. In the meantime where did you get those figures, as clearly they are edging towards potential fraud!

lo36789
Posts: 8853
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:10 pm

bga wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:55 pm
In due course it would be good to hear what this actually means for us from the Club. In the meantime where did you get those figures, as clearly they are edging towards potential fraud!
Second hand from someone who spoke to NLN secretary at game yesterday. Said it was based on attendances.

Suggestion that clubs who had historically reported lower attendances will be worse off.

The Farsley one was weird and makes me think it was a typo or a misunderstanding of the question!

bga
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by bga » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:10 pm
bga wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:55 pm
In due course it would be good to hear what this actually means for us from the Club. In the meantime where did you get those figures, as clearly they are edging towards potential fraud!
Second hand from someone who spoke to NLN secretary at game yesterday. Said it was based on attendances.

Suggestion that clubs who had historically reported lower attendances will be worse off.

The Farsley one was weird and makes me think it was a typo or a misunderstanding of the question!
👍

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:21 am

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:10 pm
bga wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:55 pm
In due course it would be good to hear what this actually means for us from the Club. In the meantime where did you get those figures, as clearly they are edging towards potential fraud!
Second hand from someone who spoke to NLN secretary at game yesterday. Said it was based on attendances.

Suggestion that clubs who had historically reported lower attendances will be worse off.

The Farsley one was weird and makes me think it was a typo or a misunderstanding of the question!
Gloucester will be worse hit having played in front of 350 at Evesham for 2 years but have now sold 500 season tickets for return to games in Gloucester

jjljks
Posts: 2002
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 am

NL, NLN & NLS have managed to start the season but already several games called off due to players with Covid. Can see it is going to be a very stop / start affair which could even see the season not completing on time. Hope HMG scheme is flexible enough to allow for this.

lo36789
Posts: 8853
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:23 am

jjljks wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 am
Hope HMG scheme is flexible enough to allow for this.
It's only due to run to the new year (3 months) at the moment then will need to be reviewed depending on circumstances.

jjljks
Posts: 2002
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 am

Liverpool & Manchester United's plan to reduce the Premier League by 2 & redistribute TV cash to the pyramid is a step in the right direction. As a small addition to their proposal, can I suggest that the 2 clubs to be relegated are Liverpool & Manchester United?

lo36789
Posts: 8853
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:33 am

jjljks wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 am
Liverpool & Manchester United's plan to reduce the Premier League by 2 & redistribute TV cash to the pyramid is a step in the right direction. As a small addition to their proposal, can I suggest that the 2 clubs to be relegated are Liverpool & Manchester United?
"On the basis that the way the PL is run is controlled by the 9 longest serving teams in the division"...which basically means the top 5 decide everything as they would have the majority vote in that structure.

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1320
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by darlo2001uk » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:23 am

jjljks wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 am
NL, NLN & NLS have managed to start the season but already several games called off due to players with Covid. Can see it is going to be a very stop / start affair which could even see the season not completing on time. Hope HMG scheme is flexible enough to allow for this.
There is zero chance of this season being completed. Absolutely none.

And that's not being negative, that's being realistic.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5200
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Government Bailout for National League

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:16 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 am
NL, NLN & NLS have managed to start the season but already several games called off due to players with Covid. Can see it is going to be a very stop / start affair which could even see the season not completing on time. Hope HMG scheme is flexible enough to allow for this.
There is zero chance of this season being completed. Absolutely none.

And that's not being negative, that's being realistic.
*Screenshots for future use*
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks
Posts: 2002
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:19 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:33 am
jjljks wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 am
Liverpool & Manchester United's plan to reduce the Premier League by 2 & redistribute TV cash to the pyramid is a step in the right direction. As a small addition to their proposal, can I suggest that the 2 clubs to be relegated are Liverpool & Manchester United?
"On the basis that the way the PL is run is controlled by the 9 longest serving teams in the division"...which basically means the top 5 decide everything as they would have the majority vote in that structure.
Not wrong there, hardly democratic & almost a cartel of elite clubs deciding what is best for themselves. Our national game has fallen into the hands of foreign owners who are purely motivated by money & don't care for fans or tradition.

lo36789
Posts: 8853
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Government Bailout for National League

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:01 pm

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 39776?s=19

Remember to be careful what you wish for. London FA have taken capacity down to 15% this corresponds with what Northumbria have done.

They are only in tier 1. If the north west did similar (given potential tier 3 situation) Bury AFC are going to be down to 150 max capacity and no bar or hospitality. It will basically work out at 300-£400 a week to get by on it would suspense me if their wage structure supports that.

Post Reply