FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
AndyPark
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by AndyPark » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Home to Tadcaster Albion.

Tie to be played next Tuesday (13th October).
2020/2021 Season
WLLWWWWLWW

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5787
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:03 pm

A very decent draw for us that one. They again are further in prep but we will have played two league games by then.

Can't ask for much more, the rest us up to us as they have nothing to lose.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5247
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Yep, got to be happy with a home tie against a side two divisions below us.

Hopefully we’ll be fitter and sharper with two more games under our belts as well.

That will be our 4th game in the space of 10 days so it’s pretty intensive, as it always seems to be at the start of the season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker
Posts: 5703
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Couldn't really ask for a kinder draw. Very decent chance to progress and get another chunk of prize money - £5625

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm

al_quaker wrote:Couldn't really ask for a kinder draw. Very decent chance to progress and get another chunk of prize money - £5625
That's pretty good money for the 3rd QR, gives us a great chance of progressing .....on paper.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm
al_quaker wrote:Couldn't really ask for a kinder draw. Very decent chance to progress and get another chunk of prize money - £5625
That's pretty good money for the 3rd QR, gives us a great chance of progressing .....on paper.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Its not when you consider the prize money is half what it was last season.

poppyfield
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:35 pm

Tadcaster got through on penalties after drawing 1-1 on Saturday
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13072
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Great draw for us, giving us an excellent chance of progressing further on in the competition.

jjljks
Posts: 2027
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:11 pm

Where will this be played, Blackwell Meadows or the Arena?

lo36789
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:46 pm

jjljks wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:11 pm
Where will this be played, Blackwell Meadows or the Arena?
I imagine Blackwell. I thought DJ pretty much said we won't be playing at the arena without fans didn't he, why would we pay twice seemed to be the logic. I personally don't think we'd be able to anyway as our justification to play at the arena was based "on safety ground" with regard spectators.

With the government funding confirmed at least until the turn of the year I figure that means we are at Blackwell at least for the same time period.

Mister e
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Mister e » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 pm

I know it is what it is but boy is it agony not being able to watch your club live? I'd be devastated like many of our fans no doubt if we go all the way to round three draw one of the big clubs and find ourselves still locked out.

Old Git
Posts: 674
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Old Git » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Mister e wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 pm
I know it is what it is but boy is it agony not being able to watch your club live? I'd be devastated like many of our fans no doubt if we go all the way to round three draw one of the big clubs and find ourselves still locked out.
True but at least we have the option of Quaker TV .

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:00 pm

OG, think you missed out the word excellent!

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2111
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Not out of the running that the BBC choose it as their tie? Ex-league club v tiny Tadcaster?

On another note, Peterborough Sports v Banbury Utd is a nice reunion of Jordan Nicholson v Alex Henshall

Darlofan97
Posts: 4508
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Hope nobody expects to see many challenges go in then.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5247
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:13 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Not out of the running that the BBC choose it as their tie? Ex-league club v tiny Tadcaster?

On another note, Peterborough Sports v Banbury Utd is a nice reunion of Jordan Nicholson v Alex Henshall
I’d be surprised. They tend to prefer small teams at home to higher ranked sides.

Christchurch v Dulwich Hamlet would be my bet. Possibly Marske v Blyth Spartans.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:13 pm
Christchurch v Dulwich Hamlet would be my bet.
I'd go with this one. We've had Squires Gate and Warrington Rylands already a southern game would provide some balance plus Dulwich have a decent back story.

Mister e
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by Mister e » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:10 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:13 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:Not out of the running that the BBC choose it as their tie? Ex-league club v tiny Tadcaster?

On another note, Peterborough Sports v Banbury Utd is a nice reunion of Jordan Nicholson v Alex Henshall
I’d be surprised. They tend to prefer small teams at home to higher ranked sides.

Christchurch v Dulwich Hamlet would be my bet. Possibly Marske v Blyth Spartans.
I have a feeling marske United will put Blyth Spartans to the sword apparently they needed three penalties to help see off ten man Whitley bay on Saturday.

jjljks
Posts: 2027
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - Draw

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:16 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 pm

On another note, Peterborough Sports v Banbury Utd is a nice reunion of Jordan Nicholson v Alex Henshall
Sounds like it would be a good game for Louis Vuitton or Mulberry to sponsor.

Post Reply