Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Old Git
Posts: 598
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by Old Git » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:56 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:04 am
We've had our luck in the draw so far, the pessimist I am thinks this is where we get drawn away to a dud like Chorley, Chester etc :shifty: Here's hoping we don't though! :thumbup:
Think Chorley or Chester would be preferable to a National League team surely.

JE93
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by JE93 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 am

Numbers released for this afternoons draw:

The North 

1 Altrincham FC
2 Chesterfield FC
3 FC Halifax Town
4 Hartlepool United FC
5 King's Lynn Town FC
6 Notts County FC
7 Solihull Moors FC
8 Stockport County FC
9 Wrexham AFC
10 South Shields
11 Skelmersdale United
12 Chester
13 Marske United
14 AFC Fylde
15 Darlington
16 Marine
17 Chorley
18 Guiseley
19 FC United of Manchester
20 Ilkeston Town
21 Stafford Rangers
22 Banbury United
23 Brackley Town
24 Cambridge City
25 Bury Town

Ilkeston, Stafford or Marine at home please.

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5743
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am

Surely Skelmersdale the lowest ranked team left in the competition would be best at Home?

Or the bye and the money, see you in the next round.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am

JE93 wrote:Numbers released for this afternoons draw:

The North 

1 Altrincham FC
2 Chesterfield FC
3 FC Halifax Town
4 Hartlepool United FC
5 King's Lynn Town FC
6 Notts County FC
7 Solihull Moors FC
8 Stockport County FC
9 Wrexham AFC
10 South Shields
11 Skelmersdale United
12 Chester
13 Marske United
14 AFC Fylde
15 Darlington
16 Marine
17 Chorley
18 Guiseley
19 FC United of Manchester
20 Ilkeston Town
21 Stafford Rangers
22 Banbury United
23 Brackley Town
24 Cambridge City
25 Bury Town

Ilkeston, Stafford or Marine at home please.
Preference must be a bye through to round 1.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

JE93
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by JE93 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:07 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am
JE93 wrote:Numbers released for this afternoons draw:

The North 

1 Altrincham FC
2 Chesterfield FC
3 FC Halifax Town
4 Hartlepool United FC
5 King's Lynn Town FC
6 Notts County FC
7 Solihull Moors FC
8 Stockport County FC
9 Wrexham AFC
10 South Shields
11 Skelmersdale United
12 Chester
13 Marske United
14 AFC Fylde
15 Darlington
16 Marine
17 Chorley
18 Guiseley
19 FC United of Manchester
20 Ilkeston Town
21 Stafford Rangers
22 Banbury United
23 Brackley Town
24 Cambridge City
25 Bury Town

Ilkeston, Stafford or Marine at home please.
Preference must be a bye through to round 1.
Completely forgot about the bye tbh. Yeah wouldn't mind some prize money for doing nothing. Would also potentially mean we could keep our league game vs BPA in place. Try and stop any fixture pile ups further down the line.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 am

Surely any team apart from the top 9, would be ok?

spen666
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am
Surely Skelmersdale the lowest ranked team left in the competition would be best at Home?

Or the bye and the money, see you in the next round.
I am not sure you get the money if you get a bye.

Same as if opponents withdraw owing to covid, then opposition I don't think get the prize money.

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am

Pretty sure that non league team who got a bye to round 2 last season got the money because they said they were making a donation to the Bury fund.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al_quaker
Posts: 5683
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:54 am

spen666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am
Surely Skelmersdale the lowest ranked team left in the competition would be best at Home?

Or the bye and the money, see you in the next round.
I am not sure you get the money if you get a bye.

Same as if opponents withdraw owing to covid, then opposition I don't think get the prize money.
Incorrect

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/14/ ... ort-141020

"This club will also receive the prize fund payment applicable for the fourth round qualifying."

PS fancy answering the questions asked of you elsewhere on this board yet?

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am

al_quaker wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am
Surely Skelmersdale the lowest ranked team left in the competition would be best at Home?

Or the bye and the money, see you in the next round.
I am not sure you get the money if you get a bye.

Same as if opponents withdraw owing to covid, then opposition I don't think get the prize money.
Incorrect

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/14/ ... ort-141020

"This club will also receive the prize fund payment applicable for the fourth round qualifying."

PS fancy answering the questions asked of you elsewhere on this board yet?
I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

For someone who brags about “telling it like it is” Spen is remarkably spineless and weak in admitting when he’s got it wrong or gone too far.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:37 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am
al_quaker wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am
Surely Skelmersdale the lowest ranked team left in the competition would be best at Home?

Or the bye and the money, see you in the next round.
I am not sure you get the money if you get a bye.

Same as if opponents withdraw owing to covid, then opposition I don't think get the prize money.
Incorrect

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/14/ ... ort-141020

"This club will also receive the prize fund payment applicable for the fourth round qualifying."

PS fancy answering the questions asked of you elsewhere on this board yet?
I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

For someone who brags about “telling it like it is” Spen is remarkably spineless and weak in admitting when he’s got it wrong or gone too far.

I said I wasn't sure what the position was

Quite clearly we have a definitive answer from the link posted by al-quaker.

Its hardly going too far or even being wrong to admit I wasn't sure what position was. In previous FA competitions there is precedence for sides getting byes/ walkovers not getting the prize money. Quite clearly that is not so here.

If you want to think I have gone too far or got it wrong, then carry on.

al_quaker
Posts: 5683
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:39 am

spen666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:37 am
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am
al_quaker wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am
Surely Skelmersdale the lowest ranked team left in the competition would be best at Home?

Or the bye and the money, see you in the next round.
I am not sure you get the money if you get a bye.

Same as if opponents withdraw owing to covid, then opposition I don't think get the prize money.
Incorrect

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/14/ ... ort-141020

"This club will also receive the prize fund payment applicable for the fourth round qualifying."

PS fancy answering the questions asked of you elsewhere on this board yet?
I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

For someone who brags about “telling it like it is” Spen is remarkably spineless and weak in admitting when he’s got it wrong or gone too far.

I said I wasn't sure what the position was

Quite clearly we have a definitive answer from the link posted by al-quaker.

Its hardly going too far or even being wrong to admit I wasn't sure what position was. In previous FA competitions there is precedence for sides getting byes/ walkovers not getting the prize money. Quite clearly that is not so here.

If you want to think I have gone too far or got it wrong, then carry on.
I was referring to the questions asked of you regarding social media postings in the aftermath of the collapsed fence at Spennymoor Town, on which you've been very quiet. I can't speak for darlogramps, but I'm pretty sure he's referring to that when he mentions 'going too far'.

But then I expect you know that anyway.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:04 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am
al_quaker wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:48 am
Surely Skelmersdale the lowest ranked team left in the competition would be best at Home?

Or the bye and the money, see you in the next round.
I am not sure you get the money if you get a bye.

Same as if opponents withdraw owing to covid, then opposition I don't think get the prize money.
Incorrect

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/14/ ... ort-141020

"This club will also receive the prize fund payment applicable for the fourth round qualifying."

PS fancy answering the questions asked of you elsewhere on this board yet?
I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

For someone who brags about “telling it like it is” Spen is remarkably spineless and weak in admitting when he’s got it wrong or gone too far.

I said I wasn't sure what the position was

Quite clearly we have a definitive answer from the link posted by al-quaker.

Its hardly going too far or even being wrong to admit I wasn't sure what position was. In previous FA competitions there is precedence for sides getting byes/ walkovers not getting the prize money. Quite clearly that is not so here.

If you want to think I have gone too far or got it wrong, then carry on.
If you’re not sure, then why comment? Google is a wonderful thing.

And the “Going too far” was quite clearly a reference to you mocking the Munich disaster, and saying “Darlington twinned with Liverpool” in the aftermath of Fence-Gate.

And you knew that as well. So can you kindly explain why you mocked major disasters? What did you mean by those comments? You’ve gone remarkably quiet when called out on that.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Post Reply