Cambridge City at home

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Cambridge City at home

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:32 pm
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm
Last year was £75k to be selected as a TV game.

Even if that is reduced to sat £65k, I would still take that right now.

However most likely we get someone away and it’s not a big deal for TV etc. weird one as the team don’t even know if we will be allowed to stream the games even if not TV selected.
Has that been announced somewhere? I thought that for as long as fans weren't allowed in streaming is effectively allowable.

I don't think it fundamentally changes things for BT and BBC as the KO times will still be different the streamed games will all be kicking off 3PM Saturday.
Was announced on todays game, basically the rules haven't been confirmed. I am sure they will be allowed to stream but currently that confirmation isn't available.

Not sure how it affects the Sunday show the BBC normally do with a collection of games, presume they wouldn't stop teams streaming with cash really required for all clubs.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:44 pm

lo36789 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm
Last year was £75k to be selected as a TV game.

Even if that is reduced to sat £65k, I would still take that right now.

However most likely we get someone away and it’s not a big deal for TV etc. weird one as the team don’t even know if we will be allowed to stream the games even if not TV selected.
Has that been announced somewhere? I thought that for as long as fans weren't allowed in streaming is effectively allowable.

I don't think it fundamentally changes things for BT and BBC as the KO times will still be different the streamed games will all be kicking off 3PM Saturday.
It’s more complicated than that.

BT and the BBC own the domestic TV rights for the FA Cup, having paid a good chunk of money for them.

So it’s a lot harder for the FA to just allow every match to in effect be streamed by all clubs, given the BBC and BT have paid for that privilege.

Let’s say we draw Sunderland and BT choose to televise that, BT won’t be best pleased, having paid for the rights, if Quaker TV also streams it, potentially taking away their business and revenue.

I know the BBC have streamed one match per qualifying round, but the calculation will be they won’t be losing out on what they paid for.

But given the increase in interest and coverage at the 1st round proper, that’s why it’s more complex.

Obviously this rights deal will have been negotiated years before Covid, so there’ll probably be discussions about how best to allow it to happen.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:44 pm
Let’s say we draw Sunderland and BT choose to televise that, BT won’t be best pleased, having paid for the rights, if Quaker TV also streams it, potentially taking away their business and revenue.
Ah yes of course.

I guess I figured there were existing conditions which effectively gave exclusivity of broadcast rights for the games that they broadcast.

By that token streaming wouldn't be operated by clubs in those circumstances.

Don't know if that would impact much on the 3PM KO though. As to some extent BT / BBC would still be the only games broadcast at the times that they have designated (which is different to when all the other games are taking place).

Maybe that it jumping to what may be the reasonably conclusion over anything else as obviously things are different to what was agreed.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:41 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:44 pm
Ah yes of course.

I guess I figured there were existing conditions which effectively gave exclusivity of broadcast rights for the games that they broadcast.

By that token streaming wouldn't be operated by clubs in those circumstances.

Don't know if that would impact much on the 3PM KO though. As to some extent BT / BBC would still be the only games broadcast at the times that they have designated (which is different to when all the other games are taking place).

Maybe that it jumping to what may be the reasonably conclusion over anything else as obviously things are different to what was agreed.
My guess is it’ll be something like that. Clubs can stream matches which aren’t televised by BT and the BBC.

But if it is a televised match, then clubs won’t be able to stream. But the money the clubs involved would receive anyway means they’re more than compensated for not being able to stream themselves.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:21 am

Who got MOTM?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:37 am

jjljks wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:21 am
Who got MOTM?
Charman, who else? :roll:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:55 am

joejaques wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:37 am
jjljks wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:21 am
Who got MOTM?
Charman, who else? :roll:
Cheers, joe.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:59 pm

There were two 'Man of the Match' awards (same winner). Virtual Match Sponsors, Paul and Jen Hodgson, voted for Luke on Saturday. Then there was a 'Man of the Match' poll on YourClub, which closed yesterday afternoon that also placed Luke first. Presumably Luke received a bottle of something courtesy of the Virtual Match Sponsors but had to settle for a 'warm glow' from the YourClub poll.